Ability to completely exit the game from the hangar

I've been playing for about a week now, and I have found that the most annoying thing about this game is having to click exit and load another screen four times just to exit to the desktop... it gets old very quickly!

PLEASE! Add the ability to exit the game from any point - hangar, out in space, etc. Go ahead and add a save game dialog when the exit function is called while you're at it.

I tend to think of transitioning from one building to another by going outside first to be an unneeded waste of time and CPU cycles. I don't hate the exterior scene by any stretch, but maybe a quick-switch menu in each building (like a schematic map of the complex with a "you are here" spot that drops down from the top of the screen) so you can go direct from one building to another without loading the exterior scene.

@BluetoothThePirate:

I really like that idea, but I'd be happy with just a dialog box with buttons for each location. Upwards of 30 seconds really is ridiculous for loading what is effectively a menu that directs you to various building interfaces.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.