Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

So as aside distraction, can someone help me with a MM config for the Versatile Toolbox System? Basically, the logistics rack behaves like a container bay, but he coded it to where all four nodes are on one store/release command. If the grab function was working right, that would not be a problem, but as it is right now if you click release (as a work around to grabbing the container directly) is releases all four. I want it to behave like each node has its own store/release. I dont know if this is even possible.

Here is what the relevant part of the code from the original is:

MODULE
{
name = KASModulePartBay
BAY
{
attachNode = bottom01
type = containervts
type = containerA
type = containerB
}
BAY
{
attachNode = bottom02
type = containervts
type = containerA
type = containerB
}
BAY
{
attachNode = bottom03
type = containervts
type = containerA
type = containerB
}
BAY
{
attachNode = bottom04
type = containervts
type = containerA
type = containerB
}
}

I tried changing it to:

-MODULE[KASModulePartBay]{}
MODULE
{
name = KASModulePartBay
BAY
{
attachNode = bottom01
type = containervts
type = containerA
type = containerB
}
}
MODULE
{
name = KASModulePartBay
BAY
{
attachNode = bottom02
type = containervts
type = containerA
type = containerB
}
}
MODULE
{
name = KASModulePartBay
BAY
{
attachNode = bottom03
type = containervts
type = containerA
type = containerB
}
}
MODULE
{
name = KASModulePartBay
BAY
{
attachNode = bottom04
type = containervts
type = containerA
type = containerB
}
}

This actually gave four store/release commands, but they all stored and released on the same node lol. Is the store/release stored as a transform in unity? Or did I write something dumb?

Edited by PringleMan

Might be worth mentioning that it doesn't work for you in 64 bit in your first post? Because it seems fine for 32 bit. Don't need people getting confused, you know?

1) 64-bit is the only build worth using.

2) 64-bit is the only build with KAS-specific bugs.

1) 64-bit is the only build worth using.

2) 64-bit is the only build with KAS-specific bugs.

Well, I guess since I'm on a Mac, I'll just delete my ratty old 32 bit save... oh, wait...

There are plenty of people on OSX who have to still use 32 bit and plenty of people for whom 64 bit is still too much of a minefield of bugs, so they're sticking to 32 bit. So the distinction is important. I know KAS was being glitchy for me before updating the .dll.

Well, I guess since I'm on a Mac, I'll just delete my ratty old 32 bit save... oh, wait...

There are plenty of people on OSX who have to still use 32 bit and plenty of people for whom 64 bit is still too much of a minefield of bugs, so they're sticking to 32 bit. So the distinction is important. I know KAS was being glitchy for me before updating the .dll.

People complaining about gaming problems on apple products is like people complaining about rally racing in a beetle. Predictable, tiresome, and not terribly relevant.

People complaining about gaming problems on apple products is like people complaining about rally racing in a beetle. Predictable, tiresome, and not terribly relevant.

Don't hate on Apple! I can't really say anything redeeming about the high price, but you really get what you pay for in its high end products and ease of use.

Here's an idea for a fix that I'm just going to throw out there, except i'm really armchair coding :P. What if you add a tiny invisible 'decoupler' between A KAS part and its parent, and override the "Grab" function into the "Detach" so that it activates the forceless decoupler instead, and then only when its completely loosened, do you allow 'Grab' button to appear? Or maybe sync it together so that grab auto detaches and then makes the new vessel be grabbed by the kerbal?

Except that I wasn't complaining about anything. Simply making a suggestion to someone that they specify which version of .24 they were using when explaining that one of the user-made fixes wasn't working for them. A fix that happens to work for other people. You're the one who started the '64-bit best-bit!' crap.

So can we get back to discussing KAS now?

Don't hate on Apple! I can't really say anything redeeming about the high price, but you really get what you pay for in its high end products and ease of use.
<---- Apple is fine ... in it's environment. Great for people that want to use the TV mentality. Turn it on use it and turn it off. If anything I think Apple as a whole is fantastic and dumbing down tech. Sort of reminds me of AOL back in the day where you had people that used their browser and had NO clue on how to really interact with the web. I see it all of the time with phone users and OSX fan boi types .. not a clue BUT they can make great music and ok graphics .. so I see it like a screwdriver vs. a butter knife use the right tool for the job. Need to let the technically challenged use tech? slap an apple in front of them and let them do their thing. everything has a purpose ... BTW I just like to poke at apple people I think they squirm funny, but there IS a barb of truth there too.

and now back to the convo .... I too am excited for the return of the king (KAS) I miss it terribly. I have found that even with it's instability 64 is quickly becoming my preference.

Edited by positivewun

Except that I wasn't complaining about anything. Simply making a suggestion to someone that they specify which version of .24 they were using when explaining that one of the user-made fixes wasn't working for them. A fix that happens to work for other people. You're the one who started the '64-bit best-bit!' crap.

So can we get back to discussing KAS now?

When someone reports that 'hey, the RUD bug is still there with this build', and it is known that the RUD bug is a 64-bit specific quirk... yea.

Either way, Here is another compile, built against the 64-bit assemblies, with the version checker updated. Phantom forces are still going on, and some issues with grabbing parts (grab, drop, grab to get it actually on kerbal's back) - ie, exactly the same as the other one posted previously, but doesn't complain about the version.

My apologies, I was under the assumption that only x64 was still buggy.

Wow, people disparaging others just because they don't like their operating system? Really? Such behavior is disappointing to see here.

KSP was built on Unity partly for the purpose of supporting multiple platforms, so complaints from any platform should be relevant.

Tried whaaw's 64 bit dll on Win 7 x64 as an admin, grab-explosion still present. Sorry whaaw

edit: oddly enough, it actually was not the first thing I grabbed that caused it. I had put a couple of containers in bays on to test the store/release and then grab. The first container I grabbed clearly put some weird physics strain on the ship but it did not blow up. So I stored it and grabbed it again. Then it blew up.

I wonder if the parts are not "decoupling" but rather having a strain-break applied to them instead. That might explain why it was all fine with the launch clamps on, since they apply a massive holding force.

I dont start editing Majirs code here. I just recompiled against 64bitKSP. There are some strange behavior when grab somthing on ground. but for me its playable until Majir fix it.

The 64bit Kas dll is here

Only having 64-bit would be a big mistake, the build is NOT as good as 32 is. There's minor problems like the crew recruitment screen flashing instead of black during scene transitions and I have a really annoying issue with right click. Just because you need 64bit doesn't mean everyone playing this game does. I don't think most people playing KSP have RAM issues, not to mention the people who don't have more than 4GB of RAM.

<---- Apple is fine ... in it's environment. Great for people that want to use the TV mentality. Turn it on use it and turn it off. If anything I think Apple as a whole is fantastic and dumbing down tech. Sort of reminds me of AOL back in the day where you had people that used their browser and had NO clue on how to really interact with the web. I see it all of the time with phone users and OSX fan boi types .. not a clue BUT they can make great music and ok graphics .. so I see it like a screwdriver vs. a butter knife use the right tool for the job. Need to let the technically challenged use tech? slap an apple in front of them and let them do their thing. everything has a purpose ... BTW I just like to poke at apple people I think they squirm funny, but there IS a barb of truth there too.

and now back to the convo .... I too am excited for the return of the king (KAS) I miss it terribly. I have found that even with it's instability 64 is quickly becoming my preference.

I'm using a Mac for development, networking (in the meaning of building networks) and security stuff and I won't miss the Unix stuff! Windows in my opinion lacks a decent terminal, which i use on my mac quite often and Linux isn't working so well for daily use and often isn't supported for specific programs I need.

@Topic:

KAS 0.4.7 works for me fine with quite some mods on Windows 32 Bit, didn't have time to test it on my Mac.

Mods installed:

000_Toolbar

ASET

BahaSP

DMagic Orbital Science

Diazo

DistantObject

Engineer

EnhancedNavBall

Firespitter

HullCameraVDS

JSI

KAS

Klockheed_Martian

MagicSmokeIndustries

MechJeb2

ModStatistics

ModsByTal

ModuleManager.2.2.0.dll

NASAmission

NavyFish

NothkeSerCom

PartCatalog

ProceduralFairings

RCSBuildAid

SCANsat

ScienceAlert

SpaceplanePlus

Squad

TriggerTech

VesselView

So my understanding is that KAS's recent bugs are only specific to the windows 64 bit version? I'm using a mac. Also, the "grab box, explode" was happening to me before this update.

I did some testing the other day about grabbing containers while they're attached to vehicles. There seem to be forces generated when you do this which can cause problems. I worked around it by having the kerbal first "release" the box from its bracket, letting it fall off, and then picking it up from the ground.

KAS is causing null refs in the 32bit build, which can completely destroy a craft and/or cause ctd. It is not stable. What sucks is that other mods are tied to KAS rather directly.

i think im gonna give up on KAS, its been so long, and i cant wait any more...

sorry KAS you are removed from my list :(

I so wanted to never again ... but it really is getting hard ... :sealed: