things happening when we aren't playing. (Realtime mode)

Like animal crossing, State Of Decay, The Villagers, Take On : Mars and some other games that probably exist but i dont know of, have a system that Simulates the game world when we are not playing.

For example : In state of decay, a zombie survival simulator\rpg u have to manage a small community of people. and stockpiling their food and medic supply.

When u are not playing, some random events can happen and all the resources will go down in time, so u have to go play regularly to fill up their resources.

How could this kind of presistency be applied to KSP?

In a lot of ways in my opinion!

And better yet: configurable , so u can toggle between what is presistent and what isnt.

someting like Real-time mode.

so yeah. let me start:

-Orbits could be simulated off-game.

-Trajectories too (With a windows Tray announcement when we are some minutes to Reach the next manouvering node)

-Random events poping up whenever we enter the game , like news headlines, or some random things that happened to various vehicles or kerbonauts that could add some small ammount of science, like 1 or 2, or reduce them.

-the astronaut facility would be randomly rerolled from x to x real minutes.

-Warping would be turned off in realtime mode.

And this is open for discussion , so feel free to add more stuff or give ur opinion

...and micropayments! :D

No, I think this would be terrible. Your insertion burn is at 3am and you work at 7am? Too bad. Decide between sleep and your fictional ship flying off into space. Going to Jool? Get that thing started quick so it's there before Christmas.

None of this sounds fun to me.

...and micropayments! :D

AHHHH! Quick, kill it with fire!!! :)

yeah I'm just not keen on the idea of stuff happening that I have no say in or control of. Other than the planets moving in their orbit, I have a say in what happens. I either succeed or fail due. To my own actions or lack of action.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.