A dropship for the working man (or woman)...

Can't wait on new craft, it looks a lot bigger than any other of your crafts. It is awesome how you could make such a nice looks with only stock parts. How many parts is it going to have, because Bulldog hits my limit as I cant get near any other craft with it without lag :/ and bigger versions of it lagging also :( Maybe I'll have to optimize something on my game.. I'll see :)

Can't wait on new craft, it looks a lot bigger than any other of your crafts. It is awesome how you could make such a nice looks with only stock parts. How many parts is it going to have, because Bulldog hits my limit as I cant get near any other craft with it without lag :/ and bigger versions of it lagging also :( Maybe I'll have to optimize something on my game.. I'll see :)

If you're talking about the new dropship in the video, here's the forum link.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57653-I-hear-Laythe-is-just-lovely-this-time-of-year

Spacesuit dipping eh? I can now see a whole erotic subtext that I never noticed before, the splashing, the knowing glances, the single tent!? Bill and Bob cottaging alone on Laythe. Hmmmm.....

Are there even multiple genders of Kerbals? :confused: They sure do reproduce fast though, I don't think we could ever run out of them.

That Kethane idea is fantastic, you would NEVER run out of fuel.

And thanks for the tips about your dropships Cupcake! I can't wait to try them out. :)

TheAwer

(I would make one post if I could figure out how to qoute multiple people in one post. How do you do that?)

:0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0: Feeling faint, must sit down... How... Did... What?... That can't be covered by the warranty... I guess ridiculous is a relative term! :D That is just the most insane thing I've seen in a looooooooong time. :cool:

Cupcake...

SEE! I KNEW IT COULD BE DONE!

It just took someone a little more...kerbal to actually do it!

Cupcake, I am flabbergasted! These are amazing! Remember the video where you were flying in the mountains? That was awesome! How do you make these? Moreover, how do you pilot them? Your drop-ships and piloting skills are among the most impressive things on these forums.

Cupcake, I am flabbergasted! These are amazing! Remember the video where you were flying in the mountains? That was awesome! How do you make these? Moreover, how do you pilot them? Your drop-ships and piloting skills are among the most impressive things on these forums.

Thank you! :D I'd be reluctant to call myself an especially good pilot (as the outtakes will testify) :blush:, but I guess I picked up my limited skill set but playing Psygnosis 1999 classic; Lander. After flying those ships down tight corridors I found KSP gave me agoraphobia.

As far as building them goes I've just found a number of ways of building unsymmetrical crafts with symmetrical fuel and engine setups if that makes sense. I only started building them because I couldn't land for the life of me when I first started playing KSP, most of the time I had trouble working out which way my lander was even facing! But yeah, thank-you for the lovely feedback and I'm not sure if you've seen this already but this is the latest dropship to roll off the line. :)

Enjoy!

Cupcake...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57653-I-hear-Laythe-is-just-lovely-this-time-of-year

Thank you! I also saw that video just now, and boy is it nice! :D

Cheers, there's a new K-Prize one in the Carpathia thread as well if you fancy checking it out. :)

Your new video is a masterpiece.

Really, wow! Thanks! :D

My favorite part of the videos are the bloopers:D

The god of VTOLs is a cruel and vengeful master who demands many sacrifices :wink:.

Edited by Cupcake...

Nice Menorah, I'm guessing those LV-N's will keep burning for a good long time, based on they're efficiency. Although, 8 on two large Rockomax tanks? :P

Happy Channukah to you too Cupcake, although personally, I'm not Jewish, but I'm open to all holidays of all religions.

Nice Menorah, I'm guessing those LV-N's will keep burning for a good long time, based on they're efficiency. Although, 8 on two large Rockomax tanks? :P

Happy Channukah to you too Cupcake, although personally, I'm not Jewish, but I'm open to all holidays of all religions.

Thanks, I can't say I'm religious either but the social aspect is one of the few things about religion I appreciate, well that and Gospel music, Mahalia Jackson always cheers me up :wink:

Cupcake...

I think I might have possibly accidentally made a Scythe:P

ps:Really good video.I count it as a VTOL if it is longer than it is wide or tall.

Pictures please! I love my Scythe but by god it was a pain in the arse to build, hopefully you had an easier time of it! :D

Cupcake...

As long as you have a horizontal cockpit and vertical thrust you have a VTOL, if you have vertical thrust and a vertical cockpit you have a rocket, that's the way I see it anyway....

If that's true, then Apollo lander was a VTOL.

About RR Thrust Measuring Rig - for me it seems to be a mistake (calling it VTOL). Every source I have seen says, that lift generation is required for a vehicle to be called VTOL. Without wings, rotors, etc., it's just VTVL.

I was trying to make a de-militarized tern(which had massive fuel flow issues)I showed you that.

http://i.imgur.com/ozZnUwy.png

The wings then became an eye-sore so they had to go.I wanted to make a SSTO so the lv909 and jet were replaced.COM shifted throughout the flight so I put the engines in a place which wouldn't automatically be fueled.Torque was reduced as it was no longer needed.

ZbaqriL.png

Honestly it was a pain but the COM was only a little bit behind so a bit of extra mass fixed it.

Sorry about that,I should have expected it.

Edited by Spartwo

If that's true, then Apollo lander was a VTOL.

About RR Thrust Measuring Rig - for me it seems to be a mistake (calling it VTOL). Every source I have seen says, that lift generation is required for a vehicle to be called VTOL. Without wings, rotors, etc., it's just VTVL.

You can argue technicalities until you're green in the face.

The "Rocket-power VTOL" that comes as stock with every installation of KSP doesn't have wings either, so if it's good enough of a definition for Squad within the context of the game, then it's good enough for me.

I think I might have possibly accidentally made a Scythe:P
LOL, I love this quote! I wish I could accidentally do stuff like that! :D Edited by The14th

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.