Unable to construct stable rocket in career

Hello, fellow astronauts. In previous versions of KSP I flew around every planet, had few orbital stations constructed, including bases on few planets. However, right now, Iam not capable of constructing stable aircraft in career mode. So far, I have unlocked basic rocketry and stability, but after numerous tries, my rocket always starts heading off course, as like it was unbalanced. I included .craft file here, so any of you can take a look and tell me, wth am I doing wrong. I can't get much more science atm. since i can't control my rocket to land of different biome then the shore. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

.craft file: http://snk.to/f-ctkl6flj

I am also having trouble building stables rockets when I started career mode. My suggestion is to wait untill you get more parts like SAS and struts and bigger winglets before you try and build more advance rockets.

Alright, update: I added 6 more unmanned pods and alas, I achieven stable orbit without any problem, and still have enough fuel to go to Mun and come back... So anybody, add some pods, until you have SAS.

I am also having trouble building stables rockets when I started career mode. My suggestion is to wait untill you get more parts like SAS and struts and bigger winglets before you try and build more advance rockets.

Without struts and other aids, big rockets will be unstable period. Build simple and you will be able to get into orbit.

With this much tech tree;

WsSujGV.jpg

This made it to Mun orbit and back

zUCLXGU.jpg

cfd0Euk.jpg

With less then shown, this made orbit with some control difficulty and can still make Mun or Minmus,

br4QEcE.jpg

Simpler designs have made sub orbital flight.

1jxMHGV.jpg

It is possible to build a SSTO at the first level but you want a water landing since you will be carrying a lot of extra weight on the parachute without decouplers.

For the first flight, stack four fuel cans on the LV-30 with pod, parachute, antenna, launch, throttle back near the end to avoid excessive acceleration. Once you get decouplers, build a two stage for getting into orbit. Be mindful of how your design sits on the pad especially when using clusters on the first stage.

Try to get research into electricity so you have a form of power storage and a solar panel, then research towards reaction wheels. This should allow you to build rockets with more controll without sacrificing operation time. Getting vectoring engines and working with limited trust should also help with the problem of controll.

Without struts and other aids, big rockets will be unstable period. Build simple and you will be able to get into orbit.

With this much tech tree;

WsSujGV.jpg

This made it to Mun orbit and back

zUCLXGU.jpg

cfd0Euk.jpg

With less then shown, this made orbit with some control difficulty and can still make Mun or Minmus,

br4QEcE.jpg

Simpler designs have made sub orbital flight.

1jxMHGV.jpg

It is possible to build a SSTO at the first level but you want a water landing since you will be carrying a lot of extra weight on the parachute without decouplers.

For the first flight, stack four fuel cans on the LV-30 with pod, parachute, antenna, launch, throttle back near the end to avoid excessive acceleration. Once you get decouplers, build a two stage for getting into orbit. Be mindful of how your design sits on the pad especially when using clusters on the first stage.

Part of your control issues is that SRBs don't have thrust vectoring, which makes them near impossible to control without some form of added torque.

The same goes for the LV-45s. And I don't know if nose cones actually work in stock KSP because I use FAR and DRE so they are a must for me, but I suggest you add them to your boosters that are tacked to the side of your rocket. If you don't have access to them use parachutes.

Make sure the thrusters you use are the ones with thrust vectoring. You lose 15 thrust but you gain control.

On my early designs i had srbs firing with one vectoring engine on 1/3 throttle to control its ascent otherwise bad stuff happened!

Also remember that SAS was added to all capsules now so right after launch hit that T key and turn it on.

Oh and... seriously dude, just use Imgur, no one wants to go download images from Snackshack.

• 5 months later...