[0.22] http://kerbalspaceport.com/rdoverview/

Synapse86

I was just talking about this to my friend the other day. I saw how much cool data was being tracked by the game and saw that there were no way of see this information apart from opening up your savefile. Which I personally found rather uncomfortable to read from. But this is just crazy! This will actually also help me plan for my career mission pack that i'll be writing for MCE.

Thanks a million!

I was really hoping for this. It is so simple a thing and I don't know why they didn't naturally include it.

I might not even have electricity but it is hard as heck knowing keeping track of what science I have or have not done.

If you are looking for ideas for improvement, my first thought would be a way to separate the experiments either by planet or by the instrument (Logs, Goo, Temperature sensor, etc) just for easy checking.

Someone has already alerted me to a bug, I have fixed it but he also gave me some ideas on how to improve it so I'll try to get it out tomorrow.

*BUG: Don't forget to close the dialog when entering some buildings. Otherwise you may not be able to close it once you return to the space center!

Things I would like to add/improve so far...(Thank you for the feedback.).

- Tabbed views for each celestial body.

- More detailed stats (Research points earned by planets, EVA/Surface/Atmo/Space Categories in planet view, option to sort experiments by name, rewarded points or remaining points)

- Kerbal Science Adviser (Recommended experiment "missions" to give the appearance of a linear progression)

Keep the ideas coming!

Sortable tables would be nice once you get detailed stats up. Being able to arrange unfinished experiments by their remaining value would go a long way towards getting out of the beginning Career Mode rut.

Thanks for throwing this together, it's really handy.

I cant open the the Log at all in a fresh career, the button appears but pressing on it doesnt do anything, i've gotten my research, but the log statistics shows 0 RP and 0 Science done..

In a existing Career it functioned, the above started right away after starting a new career.

You mod idear is great, but its still haunted atm with some minor glitches, looking forward to an improved one..

I cant open the the Log at all in a fresh career, the button appears but pressing on it doesnt do anything, i've gotten my research, but the log statistics shows 0 RP and 0 Science done..

In a existing Career it functioned, the above started right away after starting a new career.

Try doing any Science to prime the pump? (I'm guessing that there are data structures that aren't initialized in the save file until used.)

Does this only show science possible for places you have visited (or at least entered SOI of)? For some reason I only see Kerbin data, and I'm guessing that is because I haven't been anywhere else on this save yet.

It looks like it only shows items that you've gotten any Science from. (Haven't looked at the code, but since we don't know for sure what all the possible bits of Science are, there would have to be some assumptions that might not be correct if OP tried to list them all.)

It looks like it only shows items that you've gotten any Science from. (Haven't looked at the code, but since we don't know for sure what all the possible bits of Science are, there would have to be some assumptions that might not be correct if OP tried to list them all.)

The game only seems to store experiments you have preformed. Until we have a complete list or someone finds where all the experiments are stored I don't know how to solve this (Other than a simple prompt like "Go to the Mun next!" as you reach X amount of points on Kerbin.)

Is there anyway to tab the results by planet? If tabs are possible, perhaps a nested tab structure like Planet>EVA Reports, Crew Reports, Biomes, Samples. Might make it a bit easier to read/take in.

Awesome Mod though - exactly what I wanted so I could keep track!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.