Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

In Mun orbit, attacking an enemy armed space station with a Kerbal X, the Hydrazine in his thruster pack, and a month's worth of snacks.

(Read my story, what I described with Jeb is chapter IV, which is nearly complete.)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84577-Space-Wars-The-Snack-Time-Space-Program-versus-the-evil-Beehive-aerospace

On Laythe, in the FourJade Laythe Lander, having recently done a ~7km run each way to get a water sample from Laythe's oceans.

He was not provided with a rover, and did all the running at night, while I was waiting for maneuvers.

• 2 weeks later...

My Jebediah Kerman is currently hurtling around the Sun aboard the Luna I, my first ever attempt at a moon rocket. Basically I was trying desperately to get into orbit, but I fired the engine too long and by the time I realized Jeb, Bob, and Bill were now on a Kerbin escape trajectory the rocket ran out of fuel. I figure one day either I'll become good enough to rescue them or they'll crash into Kerbin. One or the other.

Jeb snuck aboard a rescue rocket that was supposed to go up unmanned.

Since no-one is paying to bring him home, he is now floating in a 90km orbit until we get enough contracts "in orbit around Kerbin" that we can tack on a rescue mission.

Well yesterday afternoon he was wandering around the Mun. Last night however I misjudged the amount of fuel I had left to take off from the Mun and well to cut a long story short the impact was kind of nasty. Jeb is now in the Kerbal afterlife chatting to the Gods of Kerbalkind. Of course he will return before long. :D

Stranded on Mun after misjudging his altitude and speed. He was saved only by a well-timed ejection from his capsule. The bottom of the ship slammed into the surface, slowing him enough that he could jump out and live for more than a millisecond. The capsule's detonation then further slowed his descent, and he slid for about 2 kilometers before coming to a stop.

He climbed aboard my rescue craft designed to save kerbals stranded in orbit. The command pod was supposed to be empty, but Jeb wanted a ride I guess.

When it came to rescuing the kerbal, I had Jeb hold the ladder while the kerbal climbed into the pod, hoping this would work. When the parachutes kicked in, Jeb lost his grip and flew into the distance, never to be seen again.

Jeb is currently in orbit around Kerbin after completing a rescue contract. He snuck into my probe-operated rescue vessel and I had to kick him out to make room for the bounty. I guess it's probably better that it's Jeb than anybody else, given how hardcore he is.

My Jeb is the most experienced test pilot on Kerbin! He's flown dozens of flight tests fulfilling contracts already, is the first and only Kerbin ever to see orbit, and hopefully very soon after the engineer figures out the rocket stability issue will be the first Kerbin in orbit and beyond!

Jeb's sitting idle with his other two cohorts, wondering why he's been passed over time and time again for a flight. He doesn't realize that he's just a figurehead in KSC's Public Relations department. His two cohorts have been trying to explain to him why it's better NOT to volunteer for anything.

As in the words of Pulp fiction. Whose bike is this? "Jebs"... Where is "Jeb"? "Jeb" is dead baby...... Kinda interesting, I did not turn on permadeath, but a minor SSTO test wreck has perma iced the man. Interestingly enough recruiting a new Kerbal led to the recruitment screen where a Kerbal with the most unfortunate name to date was added to the program. His name is "Patgas Kermin".

Edited by sumrex

I started a new career with the new build (contracts) and I have used Jeb for every flight so far. He is currently awaiting a new assignment. Just started and I have been to the Mun and Minmus so far as well as a number of other flights. Actually he just returned from Minmus at about Midnight my time. At some point I will call another to duty when I think it might be a bit too dangerous for a world hero such as Jeb. :)

He's eating snacks and taking a short nap after a two-year mission to Duna, immediately followed by the launch of a new space station into Kerbin orbit. Of course, as soon as he'd gotten Skylab II into orbit he wanted another assignment, so we sent up another crew and brought him back. Chopper from the recovery ship took him straight back to the launchpad for a Mun mission. I think he's going to Ike soon.

I just resurrected him after he died indirectly due to a Kraken attack and wouldn't respawn. Right now, he's designing a massively overpowered interplanetary vessel for a Joolian voyage.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.