Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

My Jeb is dead. I was attempting to built a replica of the space shuttle and when I detached the boosters, it went into a wild spin and then slammed into the ground. I didn't think anyone was in it because I had a remote guidance unit, so I clicked space center instead of revert flight. The only one who was in it whose name I remember is Jeb.

Now I always click revert flight after a failed launch.

:mad:

He's wandering aimlessly around the space center, bragging about how he was the first (and only) kerbal on the Mun. This immediately gets backfired by the constant remarks of, "But you haven't gone on any others!" and "Who cares? I've been on twenty missions already. You've went on one."

He's safely on the ground. The other half of his crew though... well, they're still stuck on a station orbiting Minmus - I've got 6 back, though the others have ended up on an *ahem* extended mission.

Basically, I've not upgraded the astronaut complex past 12 active kerbals, had a contract for a station round Minmus with that many crew, and so had to ship the whole lot of them out there. As having a lab in orbit is rather useful (cleaning experiments on landers etc), I didn't design the station with return capability, so it has to be serviced with my crew bus (which I now realise I should have made a bit larger).

Jeb has been standing about a quarter of a kilometer behind the runway facing towards the KSC for the past several months. i don't even recall how he got there. I think that he bailed out of a prototype aircraft as it was about to crash (no idea how he survived). My pilots tend to do that a lot.

My Jeb is currently sitting in the pilot seat of a space shuttle docked at my LKO fuel station. He's not actually going anywhere, he was just delivering the first long-term resident to the station and teaching the big human behind the screen how to fly a space shuttle. Next up, he'll teach the human how to actually land a shuttle on the runway instead of somewhere in the remote proximity of the space center, possibly suffering from a rapid unscheduled disassembly in the nearby waters.

In my career save, as soon as the space program could afford batteries and some landing legs, Jeb went to the Mun, where he courageously landed with only a Mk1 Command Pod and the smallest 1m fuel tank strapped with some goo. He managed to send an EVA report and a goo experiment home by antenna before the batteries ran out and found he had only about 5 % fuel left.

He stayed there for a good two months until Bill and Bob had done enough fly-bys of Minmus to be able to mock up a rescue mission. Bob doing what was called a precision approach at the time, landed just 150 m from what Jeb now referred to as home. Looking at Jeb proudly, then turning back to look at his one-kerbal Mk1 Command Pod rescue craft, suddenly realised that the good engineers at KSC (i.e., me), had done a kerfuffle...they could not both get back!

So brave as he is, Jeb naturally insisted that Bob made his way back to Kerbin, which went perfectly, proving the design of the new one-kerbal craft. Retrofitting the rescue craft with a probe core solved the problem, and Jeb finally made it back to Kerbin after three months on the Mun!

Cheers!

Edited by LostOblivion

Currently? My Jeb is halfway to Duna, with Bill, Bob and four rookies. It's going to be a long mission - with full exploration of Duna, Ike and setting foundations of a proper infrastructure. When everything will be up and running, First Three will spearhead similiar effort...in Jool system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.