Kerbal Ingenuity Test

The .22 update has left me looking at parts in an entirely new way, and having found myself doing new and creative things BECAUSE I was limited by parts, I'd like to see what you guys can come up with!

Everyone starts with the same base craft, 1 Mk 1 Lander Can, on top of 1 Rockomax SFB (see video!)

Check out the Weekly Challenge Thread!

To this base craft you add an infinite number of the following parts, RT-10 SFB, Mk 16 Chute small cubic strut, and any of the M-Beams.

RULES:

You may use three stages (including parachutes)

You may not use part clipping

Your Capsule must survive

SCORING:

1 point for every 1m Ground Distance covered

-100 for every extra SRB added

SUBMISSION

Screenshot: On the Pad - In the Air - Final Mission Statistics

Edited by glen.mack

You allow staging. That means I can go to orbit, time warp 1000 years, return back and collect ground distance for orbiting 1000 years. And yes, they sum up. In the end it's a conquest about who will present more patience in time warping.

You allow staging. That means I can go to orbit, time warp 1000 years, return back and collect ground distance for orbiting 1000 years. And yes, they sum up. In the end it's a conquest about who will present more patience in time warping.

I'm limiting it to two active stages, thanks for the input.

Not quite...look at the SRB you're using-it needs to be a RT-10, not a BACC.

Watching the video again I'm pretty sure I am doing this correctly. Please watch the video again. The RT-10 is what you can add but you start with a BACC.

Dude, Kashua, stop being so pedantic, he never said anything about launch clamps, so it could go either way. Just leave that kind of thing to the OP, ok?

He made exact list of parts you are allowed to use, using anything else is therefore prohibited. Or can I use separators which he didn't mention either, just because using them makes sense if staging is allowed? I don't think I can. They're not on the list. Neither are clamps.

And I hate when people can't even read my name right. Use copy/paste if you can't read, dude.

Okay, with slight technical improvement...

3,578,715 m, 75 boosters.

My first entry was after I'd spent an hour trying to get the thing into orbit for giggles. Going the route of using Kerbin's rotation to gain ground distance here's a new entry with the same exact ship, flown slightly differently.

9,757,534m with 54 boosters, score of 9,752,134.

9DcboBA.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.