Gladium VI

I'm glad to show you my latest creation (a.k.a. the-rocket-that-didn't-explose-on-liftoff), the Gladium VI!

20ivpkl.png

It's a 3 stage rocket, born to be lightweight and to bring Bob, Jeb and Bill in a stable orbit. It uses modded parts (E-600 engines and KSP srb) because they're fucking awesome :D.

The initial launch is fantastic. Pretty stable and the KSP boosters give enough thrust to the rocket (first stage final speed is about 200m/s)

2vj4vmd.png

At about 7000m staging happens and I continue with the last two stages.

The second last engine speeds up the rocket to the necessary orbital velocity.

16h7q5g.png

2vu0fh2.png

As you can see I have enough fuel to come back, even too much. (Really the lander isn't necessary, but I love to orbit with two stage and leave one in the space lol)

After some orbiting I staged, speeding down to de-orbit.

2wnspx2.png

2u7ahjk.png

And here it is, my last but useless stage (not counted cause it really does nothing) that I love so much. It's just a little solid rocket booster (Sunday Punch mod) that spins the capsule in a kerbasome way

33y5gz5.png

The srb has another function: it scares even Jebediah while exploding under the capsule! Without killing them of course, just shouting the module few meters away.

In this mission however my glorious kerbanauts died due to the terrain bug, R.I.P. guys ;_;

mmq6pg.png

The next achievement is to do liftoff-orbiting-deorbit-landing-liftoff again - re orbiting-deorbit and landing at KSP.

Thank you for reading this 'another-rocket-topic' written in this freakin' ugly english.

Happy exploring!

• 4 years later...
The necro is strong.... VERY STRONG. Dude, feel free to look at these threads, but really try not to comment too many of them. It brings it all up on the list for us to see, and clutters the actually relevant threads :)

I did play quite this long ago, but yea... Pretty retro