FTL Car

Well okay, not exactly FTL, but it stems from the 'technology' that I managed to accelerate a strut craft to 500Km/s before leaving Kerbin's SOI without engines. I didn't expect this to happen.

ZVq9bHY.pngEyxmKJl.pngjmIIIK4.png

Yep, almost 1200m/s acheived at 40m.

I have no idea how this even works, but my only guess is that the flaps clipped into the struts is providing some weird forces, as I've never seen a flap go that fast on its own..

Edit: Well I've now broken 2200m/s...

Edited by A Fat Pokemon

Yea I'll be uploading them sometime soon once I get some new designs :D Also broke 2700M/s in a new FTL car.. and it managed to attain orbit afterwards.

tAzxz9a.png

Its kinda funny, I made one that when you hold the down arrow key, it accelerates at an insane rate, and when you hold up, it levitates upwards, and bounces every time off the ground. Could be a nice rover..

Edited by A Fat Pokemon

The old FTL egg still works haha, and I've managed to also make it controllable.. But its just that the way you have to orientate your ship to go 'prograde' shifts, and you can't exactly tell where. I'll update the original post with the FTL Egg (Don't think I have a download link anywhere since that forum reset), and the new 'thing' in a moment, though it isn't as spectacular as that old hunk of struts.

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.