[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

Hey I really like the amount of depth and detail put into the IVA of your pod, really great job on that. However now that I have this installed it makes me feel like all the stock pods are ridiculously underwhelming... So on that note, does anybody know of a mod (if there is one) that makes the stock pods and capsules have better or more detailed IVA's similar to the one used in ALCOR?

Hey I really like the amount of depth and detail put into the IVA of your pod, really great job on that. However now that I have this installed it makes me feel like all the stock pods are ridiculously underwhelming... So on that note, does anybody know of a mod (if there is one) that makes the stock pods and capsules have better or more detailed IVA's similar to the one used in ALCOR?

Take a peek at the author's (alexustas) profile. He's got similar IVAs for the Mk1-2 Command Pod and the Mk1 Cockpit. :)

Take a peek at the author's (alexustas) profile. He's got similar IVAs for the Mk1-2 Command Pod and the Mk1 Cockpit. :)

Awesome :) Thanks for the head up.

Does anybody know if there is any mod that improves the Mk1 Command Pod IVA? That is one of my most used command pods, and I would love to see an "enhanced" IVA for it.

Does anybody know if there is any mod that improves the Mk1 Command Pod IVA? That is one of my most used command pods, and I would love to see an "enhanced" IVA for it.

Install the full RasterPropMonitor mod, rather than just the core. It has a more advanced Mk1. It's not as detailed as the ones with ALCOR, but it's still pretty cool.

Awesome :) Thanks for the head up.

Vens Part Revamp updates the inerior of the Mk1 IVA. Not much but it looks more like the Mercury Pod on the inside. Combine that withe RPM its actually a great little pod on the inside.

• 2 weeks later...

If this has been explained before, I apologize, but I think I've figured out the "navball" problem.

LwXNY5Z.png

The picture above is with the textures at half resolution.

The picture below is at full resolution. That is the ONLY change. Problem is repeatable on my system.

aC0Gf2V.png

This explains why only some people see this problem, and others don't.

I tried Quarter - Res and Eighth - Res and they're broken too.

So to get the navball, you have to be in Full - Res.

Forgot. You have to exit game & restart for this "fix" to work. I have no idea why. Also you can try replacing the navball texture with the one from Raster Prop Monitor (Dragon01 suggestion)

Update:

Thanks Dragon01. I've tested your suggestion and I can verify that replacing the ASET_Props/MFDs/Alcorpft/NavBall000 file with the one from JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Library\Components\NavBall fixes this problem in all resolutions. I"m sure Alex will fix it in a future update to the ASET Props pack.

Edited by nukeboyt

Hi guys, might have a really odd one here.

I'm trying an Apollo-style (or similar, anyway) mission using the ALCOR for the lander. I've got everything set up correctly (although currently it's not recognising MechJeb, but I've not finished troubleshooting that yet), but I've had some pretty odd problems. Some of them vanished when I started testing to work out what did what, but one didn't, and it's a pretty big one. The issues I was having were that sometimes undocking the lander caused it to lose power to all the panels, and nothing would turn it back on. There was plenty of electric charge, so that wasn't the issue. The other problem was that sometimes undocking from within IVA would completely disable IVA view, removing the portraits as well. This is the issue that remains.

So, for clarity, here's what I've tested:

Reference item: From: IVA:

Mk1-2 Mk1-2 Yes

Mk1-2 ALCOR Yes

Mk1-2 N/A No

ALCOR ALCOR Yes

ALCOR Mk1-2 Yes

ALCOR N/A No

All these configurations work now (although some of them were causing the loss of power issue before testing began), apart from the fifth. With the ALCOR set as the reference item, undocking from the Mk1-2 in IVA mode breaks IVA entirely, at which point pressing c freezes the camera in place. Ships still respond to controls, but the camera won't move. Pressing c again doesn't return control.

Obviously I have my solution, but I thought I'd let you know in case it's indicative of a problem. It could be something to do with RPM, or it could be the ALCOR, I don't know. For the record, my other mods are few in number: everything required to make the ALCOR work, MechJeb, VesselView, SCANsat and Docking Port Alignment to activate those bits of functionality, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement to stop things falling apart, Telemachus for external data streams and Atomic Age for a few parts, but none of those are in use.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How do I turn off the alarm noise? The ground prox/master alarm whatever is going off while I am in space and I cant find the damn override. Its driving me nuts, especially while docking.

You have to press the master alarm button EACH PLACE it exists. Even in empty command pods. I figured this out during an Apollo-like mission using the ALCOR for a LEM

How do I turn off the alarm noise? The ground prox/master alarm whatever is going off while I am in space and I cant find the damn override. Its driving me nuts, especially while docking.

You can turn off Ground proximity warning system (GPWS)

ZuW61l0.jpg

Ix0HSKn.jpg

Anybody know what I broke to get all sorts of phantom forces with the pod? It does really really weird stuff for no reason.. but I love the IVA so much!

Figured it out. Do not use the service pod thing, the one with doors, directly on an ALCOR pod. It works with a 1.25m SAS unit however..

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.