[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Yeah it is only reading the two launchsites, but it registers all of the RT2 communications stations.

You can remove the launchsites.cfg and the two launchsites are still there. Something odd.

You can remove the launchsites.cfg and the two launchsites are still there. Something odd.

Yeah, I can remove it, put it back, delete the whole RSS reinstall and it is still just 2 launch sites.

Yeah, I can remove it, put it back, delete the whole RSS reinstall and it is still just 2 launch sites.

Figured it out. For some reason it's actually pulling the launchsites from realsolarsystem.cfg in the same folder as launchsites.cfg. You'll see the two launchsites in the RSS cfg, I put the ones i wanted in the RSS cfg and launchsites.cfg and it works fine now.

Figured it out. For some reason it's actually pulling the launchsites from realsolarsystem.cfg in the same folder as launchsites.cfg. You'll see the two launchsites in the RSS cfg, I put the ones i wanted in the RSS cfg and launchsites.cfg and it works fine now.

Would you mind uploading that cfg?

And does anyone have a correctly working EVE for RSS Earth?

Edited by Hodo

JebMan223: Ferram made it using procedural parts and some custom-restatted engines.

Hodo, Subcidal: this sounds like maybe you have duplicate REALSOLARSYSTEM nodes and the launch sites are being added to the wrong one maybe? Verify you have 1 RealSolarSystem.cfg, 1 dll, and one LaunchSites.cfg. Make sure you have only 1 module manager, and it's 2.1.5. Failing that, post your logs.

RSS.cfg should *not* have any launch sites defined in itself, IIRC; if you added some, that might be a problem.

And does anyone have a correctly working EVE for RSS Earth?

EVE 7.3 with Astronomer's pack still works for me in RSS 6.2. Just have to adjust the cloud layer 1 height to 10000.

The overhaul EVE versions did not work for me at all.

JebMan223: Ferram made it using procedural parts and some custom-restatted engines.

Hodo, Subcidal: this sounds like maybe you have duplicate REALSOLARSYSTEM nodes and the launch sites are being added to the wrong one maybe? Verify you have 1 RealSolarSystem.cfg, 1 dll, and one LaunchSites.cfg. Make sure you have only 1 module manager, and it's 2.1.5. Failing that, post your logs.

RSS.cfg should *not* have any launch sites defined in itself, IIRC; if you added some, that might be a problem.

Only have one of each of those. Tonight I will hunt down the log and post it. But last I checked I had no real errors. It is odd.

For those people who are having problems with the RSS with Planet Factory config, I've updated it to work with RSS v6.2. Redownload it and let me know if anyone is having any further problems with it.

For those people who are having problems with the RSS with Planet Factory config, I've updated it to work with RSS v6.2. Redownload it and let me know if anyone is having any further problems with it.

Thanks dude, I'll test it later, I was convinced it wasn't just my ksp

Ok this is what is in the RSS folder....

-Compatibility folder

-Plugins folder

-LaunchSites.cfg

-Readme_RSS

-RealSolarSystem.cfg

-RealSolarSystem.Version (Version File)

-RealSolarSystemSettings.cfg

No .dll in the whole folder.

Replacing Realsolarsystem.cfg with one out of a fresh download fixed it for me. Seems like somehow soemthing along the way of my install edited it and caused it to load the launchsites. Now it's all working as intended.

Replacing Realsolarsystem.cfg with one out of a fresh download fixed it for me. Seems like somehow soemthing along the way of my install edited it and caused it to load the launchsites. Now it's all working as intended.

I will try that.

So I tried to uninstall and reinstall everything, now it has been compiling the planets for, about 45 minutes I am going to leave it over night because it is 15 till 2AM for me and this is the 3rd reinstall in one night to try and get this to work.........

Getting beyond frustrated.

Pock seems to be orbiting inside of dres (pluto) in my game with your latest revision.

Edit : I can't tell if some planets aren't being sized properly or if Enviromental visual enhancements is messing up. I have clouds thousands of miles above the moon (Better atmosphere pack), mars, mercury, etc. But dres (pluto)'s cloud cover thing is smaller and inside the planet, and looks to be about the size the planet itself should be. Pock's orbit around the cloud layer is pretty much perfect.

So I can't tell if EVE is messing up and making larger cloud layers, or if RSS + PF config isnt scaling planets right. Earth is perfect though.

Edited by Subcidal

EVE does not play nice with the new wrapping stuff, since it changes scaledspace mesh scales (and EVE childs its clouds to the atmosphere, which is childed to the scaled space mesh, and scale is inherited).

HI! I've got a problem.

When I installed this mod, whenever I load it up or zoom out of the VAB etc the entire landscape turns black and I can't see anything on it.

ALSO, the KSC is surrounded by water when I zoom in enough to see it. When I try to launch, my craft hit the sky and explode.

Edited by TeeGee

HI! I've got a problem.

When I installed this mod, whenever I load it up or zoom out of the VAB etc the entire landscape turns black and I can't see anything on it.

ALSO, the KSC is surrounded by water when I zoom in enough to see it.

Get active texture management, sounds like you're hitting the memory limit

Get active texture management, sounds like you're hitting the memory limit

Nope. Didn't solve the problem.

I'm using all the mods for realism overhaul and KW rocketry with distant objects. I can't even take a screenshot to show you guys.

I load the game up all I see is black ground until I zoom in far enough to see KSC. When I do zoom in, the entire complex is surrounded with ocean. When I try to launch, the capsule reaches 20 meters and explodes and the black terrain shows up again until I zoom back in.

EDIT: Even when I install it on VANILLA KSP, this mod does the same thing!

Edited by TeeGee

Ok so I've been trying to reinstall, fresh vanilla etc and can't seem to figure out what's wrong. It isnt any of my other mods for sure.

And I was mistaken, its not a black terrain, the KSC etc is loading UNDERNEATH the ground!!! How do I get the launch centers to be properly located on the scaled up planet? Is there a patch etc?

Are you using some other RSS config? RSS 6.2 ships with the planets already cached, so no rebuilding necessary.

Ok this is exactly what is happening.

It is loading everything in the loading screen fine. But the second loading screen that has the spinning loading icon at the bottom right, is where it is just sitting.

So here is my trouble shooting process.

REMOVE ALL MODS.

Load KSP stock- Check

Load KSP+RSS - Check

Load KSP+RT2+RSS-check

Untill I find the fault.

Edited by Hodo

Ok so I've been trying to reinstall, fresh vanilla etc and can't seem to figure out what's wrong. It isnt any of my other mods for sure.

And I was mistaken, its not a black terrain, the KSC etc is loading UNDERNEATH the ground!!! How do I get the launch centers to be properly located on the scaled up planet? Is there a patch etc?

Yeah that's a well know bug associated with memory budget or dodgy install. I haven't had the problem myself but search this thread for ksc underground bug/glitch.

Yeah that's a well know bug associated with memory budget or dodgy install. I haven't had the problem myself but search this thread for ksc underground bug/glitch.

I installed Real solar systems with NOTHING else other than vanilla kerbal. The same thing happens. I've also used aggrsssive texture reduction pack, didn't help.

I installed Real solar systems with NOTHING else other than vanilla kerbal. The same thing happens. I've also used aggrsssive texture reduction pack, didn't help.

So you dragged the RealSolarSystem folder into your Gamedata folder and hit go with no other mods running and still got the problem? which rss version and type did you download? what are your system specs. etc.