[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

I've tried searching this thread but I can't seem to find an answer, does EVE 7.3 work with RSS 6.2 by default? I'm trying to get it up and working but I'm running into the following issue with Duna.

yXeSRDr.jpg

I'm testing with a clean KSP 2.35 install with only RSS 6.2 and EVE 7.3.

ThorBeorn: I'll try fixing that when I get home; for now pingopete has a solution.

thunderstar: lots of weird stuff in your log. Try a fresh KSP with *just* RSS and see if that works.

searlefm: please post a screenshot of your tracking station.

pingopete: I'm with DasBananenbrot. So sweet!

nebuchadnezzar: Use Overhaul v8 (the top release on the Releases page for EVE on github). DO NOT USE v9!

Playful1510: the city lights file in the OP is for EVE Overhaul v8.

Thanks dudes :D

the problem is that these are the nice photos, i.e. the ones in orbit/scaled space. The ground level looks alright but the transition from pqs to scaled space is pretty horrible atm. I was wandering nathan if you could write out the 6 or so lines in the rss config that determine the switch from pqs to scaled space so it happens as soon as possible (100-115km). I tried doing this myself but I didn't really know what I was doing and now it's quite glitchy :? iirc back on the 5.x releases it happened straight away, I just wanna be able to get into scaled space asap as it's more stable and controllable :P

Ok running RSS 6.2 with the planet factory planets and I am having an issue with the launch sites. I only have 2 launch sites, Cape Canaveral and Pemba. And Pemba is a good 15m above the ground.

pingopete: Start here

https://github.com/NathanKell/RealSolarSystem/blob/master/RealSolarSystem/RealSolarSystem.cfg#L631

Uncomment the SSF and PQS lines; make sure SSFEnd is before/at PQSfadeStart (so PQS is showing before Scaledspace fades away), match the PQSSecs to the regular PQS lines, and set deactivate altitude above PQSfadeEnd

Hodo: that's weird. Do you not have LaunchSites.cfg?

I'm hoping one of you guys can help me. Trying to install RSS with the planet factory addon and config thingy. It's worked in the past. But I am install something wrong apparently. What am I doing wrong? http://imgur.com/BaEIJ4Y

-moderator note: please mind your language-

Make sure you only have one RealSolarSystem.cfg file, any others will override it even if you rename them.

Make sure you only have one RealSolarSystem.cfg file, any others will override it even if you rename them.

Unless you rename the extension. I like to rename config files that I want to disable but still keep around to *.bak (i.e. RealSolarSystem.bak)

Is there any way to change the colour of orbit lines? It's a very minor thing but it would be nice to modify some of the planets/moons to better reflect the way they look in RSS. For example, when Venus' surface textures are fully implemented on top of Eve's it would be cool to change the colour of the orbit line to light brown instead of purple.

Is there any way to change the colour of orbit lines? It's a very minor thing but it would be nice to modify some of the planets/moons to better reflect the way they look in RSS. For example, when Venus' surface textures are fully implemented on top of Eve's it would be cool to change the colour of the orbit line to light brown instead of purple.

Not at the moment but IIRC it should be possible. I'm putting myself on the case and will look for a solution over the coming week. If possible it'll be an orbit option set in the RealSolarSystem.cfg.

Not at the moment but IIRC it should be possible. I'm putting myself on the case and will look for a solution over the coming week. If possible it'll be an orbit option set in the RealSolarSystem.cfg.

That would be great! I look forward to it.

Hodo: that's weird. Do you not have LaunchSites.cfg?

I have the LaunchSites.cfg and it isnt seeing them just the two sites. I have gone through them with a fine toothed comb. And found nothing.

Is anybody else experiencing issues with the RSS +planet factory addon config? It causes my ships to go directly into solar escape trajectory, as soon as I cross over to the sun's SOI. No matter if I warp through the transition or not.

Shootertrex: Uninstall Final Frontier. It's spamming log messages and errors. That alone should speed you up a bit. Beyond that though, RSS does require a more beefy CPU; the planets are so much larger you simply need the higher-detail terrain to get much of anything out of it... :\

Okay thanks! The load times are better, still long, but livable now. I'm getting a good fps now as well.

I'm having the same problem as Hodo, Only two launch sites despite there being more in the .cfg

Yeah it is only reading the two launchsites, but it registers all of the RT2 communications stations.