[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Since I have to constantly restart i'm trying to minimize my installed base, so that means only RSS and MM. Nothing else should be REQUIRED for it to work properly - it just won't be useful for actually playing.

That said I did install RO to see if it made a difference, but it did not.

Since I have to constantly restart i'm trying to minimize my installed base, so that means only RSS and MM. Nothing else should be REQUIRED for it to work properly - it just won't be useful for actually playing.

That said I did install RO to see if it made a difference, but it did not.

RO is just a set of configs that rescales other parts or alters their operating parameters. I forget if it also adds any new parts

Ok so this problem keeps recurring for me, and it seems to be caused by using the latest raw source from gitHub. IE if I compile what is there, then I have the issue.

Nathan are you seeing this at all? I've even tried building directly from your GitHub, so without any of my changes, and I have the same issue.

Ok so this problem keeps recurring for me, and it seems to be caused by using the latest raw source from gitHub. IE if I compile what is there, then I have the issue.

Nathan are you seeing this at all? I've even tried building directly from your GitHub, so without any of my changes, and I have the same issue.

what are you using to compile? and are you compiling against .NET 3.5? ( you should be)

what are you using to compile? and are you compiling against .NET 3.5? ( you should be)

I was compiling it properly. I got it working now. I think I had some weird asset disconnect between the asset files and the plugin.

ok so it seems my troubles have returned after a few days. if i put a rcs tank on my craft then attach some rcs jets , and try to launch it scramblems the launch pad totally unplayable, ok so go back to the vab and the name and flag of craft is god and everything on the cracft below the rcs stuff has disapeared. if i leave the game and come back in and try load the same craft that has say 4 stages all i see is the probe and the rcs tank and jets.

have i missed something or a update or what , it is hard to keep up with updates with so many mods.

ok so it seems my troubles have returned after a few days. if i put a rcs tank on my craft then attach some rcs jets , and try to launch it scramblems the launch pad totally unplayable, ok so go back to the vab and the name and flag of craft is god and everything on the cracft below the rcs stuff has disapeared. if i leave the game and come back in and try load the same craft that has say 4 stages all i see is the probe and the rcs tank and jets.

have i missed something or a update or what , it is hard to keep up with updates with so many mods.

Sounds like some of the parts have changed breaking the craft file. Or it got corrupted in the game and then saved in a corrupted state.

I don't think it's RSS related though...

Alright guys, I ran an earlier version of this mod a few months ago, worked great. Figured I would try it again. When I fired up KSP, it looked fine until I loaded my save. KSC is sitting on a field of stars! I zoomed out, the ground appeared, but KSC disappeared. I tried a launch. The further I got, Kerbin disappeared into a field of stars. And when I looked down, I saw Kerbin very far away, but I was only 100km up. Opened up the map view, and it showed me orbiting way further out than I was.

I tried making a new save, same thing. Then I tried deleting all my other mods so it was just Real Solar System and FAS as is required. Same thing. Downloaded a fresh copy of the game, installed the mod, and made a new save. Same thing.

I read the FAQ that this is a known bug, and to try using the graphics at the medium setting. They are by default on a new install, and I always have mine turned up to max. Then it also says to make sure you are running Active Texture Management. I downloaded and installed both basic and aggressive, and neither one fixed it. It also said I might be running out of RAM. I have 16gb in this machine, and even with KSP running, I am not using more than 10gb.

Anyone have a solution for this?

16gb in your machine means nothing, as 32bit KSP can still only use about 3.5gb. Even if you had 100tb of RAM :)

If you look at the Windows task manager how much RAM does it say KSP is using? Can you post the output log?

Can you post your log? Run KSP, launch, etc., then quit. Then:

Upload your output log (NOT ksp.log) to dropbox or something.

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt

Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

I am running on OS X, It shows the KSP process as using 1.72gb. That is sitting at the KSC after loading a save. No flight going on or anything. And I get the glitchyness here, so it's no memory issue.

I also noticed every time KSP launches, it freezes on the loading spinner before the main menu pops up for 2-3 minutes, beach ball and all. I know the OP said it would do this for 15-20 minutes first launch only.

Here's what I did, I deleted the old player.log file, since I restored my backup with my saves and other mods, then I deleted it from steam, and the KSP folder in my Library, installed a fresh copy through steam, fired up KSP and made a new save and set my graphics settings, quit, installed the mods, then restarted KSP, loaded my save, did a quick launch, quit the game, then captured the log. It's too long for one post, so I saved it my google drive:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tYuRYHe6Ve-L3kJSZRzGi7531-kv_3gKn37o5v2WhQ0/edit?usp=sharing

I am running on OS X, It shows the KSP process as using 1.72gb. That is sitting at the KSC after loading a save. No flight going on or anything. And I get the glitchyness here, so it's no memory issue.

I also noticed every time KSP launches, it freezes on the loading spinner before the main menu pops up for 2-3 minutes, beach ball and all. I know the OP said it would do this for 15-20 minutes first launch only.

Here's what I did, I deleted the old player.log file, since I restored my backup with my saves and other mods, then I deleted it from steam, and the KSP folder in my Library, installed a fresh copy through steam, fired up KSP and made a new save and set my graphics settings, quit, installed the mods, then restarted KSP, loaded my save, did a quick launch, quit the game, then captured the log. It's too long for one post, so I saved it my google drive:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tYuRYHe6Ve-L3kJSZRzGi7531-kv_3gKn37o5v2WhQ0/edit?usp=sharing

Looks like you might be using an older version, plus you have it installed wrong.

RealSolarSystem_v6/RealSolarSystem/Plugins/Icons/launch-site-highlight

The RealSolarSystem_v6 directory should not be there. It should be GameData/RealSolarSystem/Plugins -- IOW move everything up one directory.

EDIT: Also make sure you are using the latest 6.2 not 6.0

Ok, either your install is missing textures, or the Mac is having a weird issue.

What I'm seeing in the log:

/Users/iamdigitalman/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/RealSolarSystem/Plugins/PluginData/EarthHeight.png

(and others like it).

1. Verify you do actually have that file (and all the other texture files).

2. If you do, then try moving the Kerbal Space Program folder out onto your desktop or something? Maybe Steam didn't give it the right permissions?

EDIT: ninja'd by Agathorn (does it count as a ninja if you don't notice there's another page? :D ). Agathorn has your problem nailed. With RSS, as the giant red text in the OP says, you have to exactly follow the installation instructions. That means extracting the archive directly to your KSP GameData folder, not "into its own archive-named folder in that folder"

yeah I did that, I extracted the contents of the zip file into my game data folder. There is no archive named folder. Here is a screenshot of my game data folder:

Screen%20Shot%202014-07-14%20at%201.31.09.png

And it is 6.2, downloaded right from the OP.

I'll try moving KSP to the desktop, think steam is screwing with file paths or something.

Well that is really odd because your log says otherwise. Any chance you have more than one install are just accidently ran the wrong one?

You can see by this line in the log:

AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /Users/iamdigitalman/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/RealSolarSystem_v6/RealSolarSystem/Plugins/RealSolarSystem.dll

Edited by Agathorn

Hi all, i'm using the Realism Overhaul mods, and Remotech 2 won't work with RSS, it says when at launchpad: "no connection", i removed all mods then added 1 by 1, and remotech 2 stops working when i install RSS, any idea how to fix it? Ty in advance.

Edited by Rakird

Hi all, i'm using the Realism Overhaul mods, and Remotech 2 won't work with RSS, it says when at launchpad: "no connection", i removed all mods then added 1 by 1, and remotech 2 stops working when i install RSS, any idea how to fix it? Ty in advance.

Yes, RemoteTech2 does work with RSS. On the RO thread, 2nd post there is a RT2 config file that adds more ground stations (as in real life). Not required, but does help, and is more realistic. Also ensure your craft has a good antenna on it, or else you won't get reception.

Yes, RemoteTech2 does work with RSS. On the RO thread, 2nd post there is a RT2 config file that adds more ground stations (as in real life). Not required, but does help, and is more realistic. Also ensure your craft has a good antenna on it, or else you won't get reception.

Ty for the quick reply, i think i prefer the RSS mod than Remotetech, any similar mod that works with RSS? Regards.