[PLUGIN+PARTS][0.23] SCANsat terrain mapping

damny

Hey, I right clicked the button that becomes the small map (when you click it), and now I can't make it come up again / find it. I had the biome tab open, and now that is the only thing that shows up. Please help.

I fixed it. I was just in the IVA view, right clicked on the window of a Mark 1 lander, and it came back on my pointer. It works fine now.

That was really odd.

Another request for Toolbar integration. Or at least let the current button save its position somewhere. I don't like having to move it every time I start up the game. Great mapping fun though!

No, toolbar integration would be much preferred. I've got 2 plugins there now, with 2 more in testing. We need to get everyone on board.

Will this ever move into the normal Mod section?

Poor people must still use ISAMapsat.

Have a mercy with them....

Or other:

What the heck needs to be bugfixed here? (Found not one bug.)

there are mutch worser released mods.

(Only to mention the giant buglist the last Kerbal Space Interstallar brought with the last update... (But still one of the best mods)).

So put it to release.

Came just to ask the same :)

Found not one bug

+1

Does anyone have a goog looking part for the short range anomaly identifier?

If you want to speed up your game, add this module to one of the most needed and functional part, like cockpit.

Or try one of the beatiful antennas from AIES mod.

Edited by MaxP

damny, a question/request for you. Someone asked me to put in support for SCANsat parts into FuseBox (my plugin that tracks charge usage). I got the support in but interface to SCANsat.SCANsat.scanning is private. I can get SCANsat.SCANsat.power (which I assume is the charge usage) but I can never tell if the sat is actually currently using charge.

Any chance you could change the API a little so I can get charge usage info from your parts?

What the heck needs to be bugfixed here? (Found not one bug.)

Soon. :)

Hi, nice mod, I'm trying it now.

One question though, could you please list the different radar types with recommended altitudes?

You can see them in the part config files.

First off: Thx alot - awesome mod!

Secondly: When you do release, may i suggest, that you give an honorable mention to the author of the Isa map mod, as spiritual precursor, along with a disclaimer that all the code in your mod is unrelated to it? You know, just to pacify and avoid drama....

I checked on the part files sure, but I don't completely understand why the orange color means on the map.

By the way, here are my suggestions:

1) Make the icon smaller, same size as the alarm mod. The actual size is quite big compared with other things in the HUD

2) Big Map rendering is quite slow, and somehow not useful, why did you decide to implement it like that?

3) Allow zooming in the small map. This is quite useful when hunting for anomalies, checking the big map and flying at the same time is not recommended XD

4) Keep going one, you are doing great!

EDIT: 5) Add the option to add a marker to a selected point, anomaly, etc.

Edited by federicoaa

If you want to speed up your game, add this module to one of the most needed and functional part, like cockpit.

Or try one of the beatiful antennas from AIES mod.

I already added the GPS function to all pods and probes ... if I just change that one number ... of course ... duh! :D

Although I still hope for an easier way to give EVAs more options, a part.cfg for EVAs so to speak!

Is there any reason to think that mod's code is related to ISAMapSat one? :confused:

Do you know something?

No, i have no direct indication to think the author of ScanSat has taken anything but maybe inspiration from the ISA-mapsat-mod. But i got the impression that the author of the later seems to be touchy on the subject of anyone picking up where he couldnt keep up and his ownership of his code. So an according disclaimer (!= lie) might be a good idea, along with some sort of acknowledgement at the same time, imho. Something along the lines of: ´ScanSat has been developed from the ground up by [author] and its code is completely unrelated to any mod that went before. That being said, we´d like to thank [iSA-author] for the pioneering work he did by releasing the first mapping-tool there was for KSP, which was conceptually inspiring for this one.´

..author of the later seems to be touchy on the subject of anyone picking up where he couldnt keep up and his ownership of his code....[iSA-author]

The guys name was Innsewerants, and yes, he has been extremely touchy about anyone using his work.

Innsewerants don't want anyone to use his code, so why would he need thanks for not sharing ? Damny's code has nothing to do with ISA's and it's not as if Innsewerants invented mapping.

Innsewerants don't want anyone to use his code, so why would he need thanks for not sharing ? Damny's code has nothing to do with ISA's and it's not as if Innsewerants invented mapping.

Very polite version Sarbian, the code trolls in various communities for games really are getting irritating.

there are a cupple of problems, maybe bugs ?

it didn't identify the object, why ? (structure not found !)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvdddyfk21nuhle/Screenshot%202013-12-14%2000.45.57.png

and the second, looks like we have a difference with logitude ! (it say 128 while it 231)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6wrfccla7his1o/Screenshot%202013-12-14%2000.49.23.png

Edited by MaximilianPs