KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

I'm having an issue where everytime i come out of warp, i seem to clone every kerbal inside my ship... I'm beginning to have a Bill Kerman "Asteroid" belt.

I should also say this is on the development build.

I'm experiencing a bug where in the tracking station I cannot do anything with ships that I've "recovered" I try to, but then they stay there and are untouchable and bug up my client. So for now i'm trying to just restart the server so...how do I wipe the server somewhat easily? I can't seem to find where everything is saved..

The easiest way that I found to "reset" the server is just delete the universe file in your kmp server folder. Of course back it up first.

Edited by DJKlitz

@KvickFlygarn87: It's just a number, the 0.1.5.1 -> 0.1.5.2 is huge, but gimp wanted to call it 0.1.5.2 :P

@How2FoldSoup: I'm pretty sure there is a bug that prevents you from recovering other peoples public ships - I'll see if it was fixed in dev and edit this.

To wipe the server, delete KMP_universe.db from the server. You can also delete ships using their ID's, but it's not easy to do if you have lots of ships to delete.

@Warsoul/chaltak: They are pretty much the 0.1.5.2 blockers, I made some progress on it yesterday but it still happens :(. Blockers are listed here, if you are using 0.23.5, I'd recommend the development version which you can get from downloading it manually or using KMPUpdater.

@DJKlitz: Dang :-/

it's rather funny actually. for instance I just sync'ed to the future after landing on the mun and about 7 jebediah's popped out of my lander. Gotta bring a freighter to rescue them all... or just terminate them. They're just clones.

Seems I am still having the same issue I reported #761 on Github. I fly some ships, disconnect/reconnect and then can no longer control those ships until I fly another ship close enough to load the model. This is using the Dev build and updated today. I re-installed KSP and started a fresh server to see if that would help but it still happens. Any ships I have from a previous session become unavailable until I fly close to them.

Hey there guys,

I hope you can help me.

I am reading every where that you are able to warp, but I am not quite sure if it works correct for me.

I am able to warp as long as I am at the space center or my vessel is landed somewhere / not moving. As soon as I lift off or am moving and try to warp I just get the message "Cannot warp time in this szenario".

Is this a "bug" / feature or is this just happening for me? It would take me about an hour to get my vessel landed without the warp. Not even talking about how long it would take to fly to the mun.

I hope you can help me with this issue.

Server and Client version: I've tried it with both 0.1.5.1 and 0.1.5.2 (i've updatet my server and client with the kmpupdater using the -development extension in the file name)

Best regards,

Phil7789

Hey there guys,

I hope you can help me.

I am reading every where that you are able to warp, but I am not quite sure if it works correct for me.

I am able to warp as long as I am at the space center or my vessel is landed somewhere / not moving. As soon as I lift off or am moving and try to warp I just get the message "Cannot warp time in this szenario".

Is this a "bug" / feature or is this just happening for me? It would take me about an hour to get my vessel landed without the warp. Not even talking about how long it would take to fly to the mun.

I hope you can help me with this issue.

Server and Client version: I've tried it with both 0.1.5.1 and 0.1.5.2 (i've updatet my server and client with the kmpupdater using the -development extension in the file name)

Best regards,

Phil7789

Can you use on-rails-warp while in space? Physics Warp has been disabled in KMP, so you can't warp in-atmosphere unless you're landed. You should be able to warp once in space, though.

@KvickFlygarn87: It's just a number, the 0.1.5.1 -> 0.1.5.2 is huge, but gimp wanted to call it 0.1.5.2 :P

@How2FoldSoup: I'm pretty sure there is a bug that prevents you from recovering other peoples public ships - I'll see if it was fixed in dev and edit this.

To wipe the server, delete KMP_universe.db from the server. You can also delete ships using their ID's, but it's not easy to do if you have lots of ships to delete.

@Warsoul/chaltak: They are pretty much the 0.1.5.2 blockers, I made some progress on it yesterday but it still happens :(. Blockers are listed here, if you are using 0.23.5, I'd recommend the development version which you can get from downloading it manually or using KMPUpdater.

They were definitely my own ships..I would test fly a plane and then try and recover it to get it off the server, but when I tried it would send me back to building selection but the ship would still be there.

Thanks for the server wipe info though.

I've had that broken-undock problem too. Several times. I've been able to track the problem to a missing DOCKEDVESSEL section under the Docking Port's ModuleDockingNode Module in persistent.sfs.

This only happens with KMP, not the latest KSP. With KSP, you could edit your persistent.sfs/quicksave.sfs file to put the missing DOCKEDVESSEL sections back. Or realign the ports. But with KMP, persistent.sfs is copied from the server and there is no quicksave support. So there's no way to fix it. For me, it makes the game largely unplayable, since I like to assemble large structures in orbit and then actually use them.

My suspicion is that the KMP server code is stripping the DOCKEDVESSEL sections or not merging them properly. At least that appears to be what's happening...

My suspicion is that the KMP server code is stripping the DOCKEDVESSEL sections or not merging them properly. At least that appears to be what's happening...

Hello Bill,

Maybe read this, this and this. And have a look at the postet DIFFs, too.

The server code must be correct, cause the received file is OK. However, after the received file put into the game engine and when you then do a quicksave and analyse it, it is not OK anymore.

So imho the receiving part is still ok but the received information is not put correct into the game engine.

If you want you can maybe approve this observation by testing with the posted debug version.

BR

Rob

Edited by Rob2222

I play Kmp with 2 friends on a private server and we loss all our research randomly. My friend got bored to redo all the same stuff each time; how we can recover research point loss or how we can set his research point to X point ?

Just a little update to what's been going on:

I've stopped working on KMP for the moment as the space center bug has proven a little too tricky for me to work out, so that's a bug for gimp when he has the time :).

If you're using 0.23.5, definitely use the development version from my build server. The only major bug left that's holding release is the space center bug.

This is a little too early to mention, but for the last 4 days I have actually been working on a new multiplayer mod.

The player status and chat GUI's do not exist yet.

I currently don't handle warping, but I'll probably provide master controlled warp (both under vote or lowest factor), a simplified version of KMP's subspaces, and no time warp as a server option.

I currently don't handle docking.

I currently don't handle science/scenario modules.

I currently don't handle vessel removals.

But, here's the good part - faster syncs, no tracking or space center bug, and

@lramos15: Incase you missed it, There's a link in my sig. I do recommend KMPUpdater-development.exe though (bottom of the build server page), makes things a tad easier to keep up to date (and it installs it for you).

@Xenoamor: If anything is going to do integration, it's going to be KSP. Simply setting the angular velocity should be enough when I get to that point, I shouldn't really have to worry about velocity as it doesn't generally change without an engine, and as you saw, that's already transferred.

The action group sync (landing gear/light/brakes) is something I already have ready for KMP 0.1.6, it was held because it would break the update message format and I was going to tack the conversion to using orbital parameters in that update.

That space center bug though is the only reason why I'm rolling my own multiplayer. If I end up getting it into a playable state, I'll create a seperate thread - This one is for KMP.

The DMP source is actually available on github, but mainly for a personal backup. DMP isn't worth it trying out just yet, I'll add it to my sig when it is (if I continue working on it, which is likely).

Just a little update to what's been going on:

I've stopped working on KMP for the moment as the space center bug has proven a little too tricky for me to work out, so that's a bug for gimp when he has the time :).

If you're using 0.23.5, definitely use the development version from my build server. The only major bug left that's holding release is the space center bug.

This is a little too early to mention, but for the last 4 days I have actually been working on a new multiplayer mod.

The player status and chat GUI's do not exist yet.

I currently don't handle warping, but I'll probably provide master controlled warp (both under vote or lowest factor), a simplified version of KMP's subspaces, and no time warp as a server option.

I currently don't handle docking.

I currently don't handle science/scenario modules.

I currently don't handle vessel removals.

But, here's the good part - faster syncs, no tracking or space center bug, and

Seems neat to me :)

Hey godarklight, how long has this "Occasionally the Space Center buildings are inaccessible after the initial universe sync." issue been around?! Would you believe that when I was playing with 1.5.1 back in January we had this issue, figured out what was causing it and how to work around it, and that now I can't for the life of me remember what the solution was?!? DAMMIT...being old sucks. Ha. I'll see if any of the people I played with remember. I *want* to say it was a steam overlay issue.

Alright, after sleeping on it, I pretty sure it was a problem with Steam. What we did to prevent it was to start KSP without running Steam. The launcher is available in the main KSP folder, as well as the main executable. It can be a pain to dig all the way into those folders though, and I remember specifically making a shortcut for KSP on my desktop to use to play KMP without starting Steam.

Is it possible to multiply a craft's velocity by the multiple at which you are time warping (instead of time warping)? That way you wouldn't have to sync up I think, if the server as a whole stays 1x warp. So I guess the time warp button would act as an on-rails velocity multiplier?

@Vladthemad: It's a bug that appeared in the 0.23.5 update, So it's always been there as far as I know. I do not run steam or windows, and I still get the issue, so you can count both of those factors out ;)

@horndgmium: That's not how KMP works ;).

Regardless of implementation, subspaces are nothing short of a genius idea. It allows different players to play in different times, and jump to the future when they are ready.

The only other real alternative to subspaces is master controlled warp, where you elect a warp master and all the other players follow them into warp. This might be ok for smaller groups where you have voice chat or are specifically working on the same thing, but for me, subspaces are a much better solution.

. DMP's default will still SUBSPACE though.

Also - It's still not playable, it's only been a week :P.

@lramos15: The database upgrades automatically, it should just work :)

@KvickFlygarn87: I've actually given KMP a little break, so it's most likely up to gimp. Even if I don't keep going with DMP (Explained on reddit a little better), the time hasn't been for nothing - There's already parts that should integrate easily enough into KMP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.