KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

KMPModClient has been updated to handle dark-feb-26.

Because I'm no longer shaped, my 2 public servers (one is 0.1.5.1, the other is dark-feb-26) are back online and it's listed on the server list too (My server list only lists servers that are online).

Gimp is back as well, I'll inform everyone when to switch back to the development version after the changes are merged, and then I'll delete the dark-feb branches from github, my build server and KMPUpdater's repository.

EDIT: For everyone using KMPUpdater-dark.exe, time to rename it to KMPUpdater-development.exe :)

Edited by godarklight

Can anyone help me with this erver issue: a player tries to reconnect with the sever but keeps getting kicked out because off username/token is already used.

But i know it's him and i try to reregister his username and his token with the /update <player> <token> command.

He gives me his new token and whenever i try to update his name, the server says that the token is invalid.

What am i doing wrong?

MK3424 I'm not sure, but he could just switch name.

Are you using the syntax "/update (user) (new token)"?

Thanks for the tip!

you should edit the readme text because the commands says that i have to use <> instead of () that's why i wouldn't work!

Thanks for the tip!

you should edit the readme text because the commands says that i have to use <> instead of () that's why i wouldn't work!

Oh. There's your problem: You don't need the "<>"s; if his name is Derp and his new token is 1234 you wanna go

/update Derp 1234

KvickFlygarn87's spot on with this one. The players token can be found in their "GameData/KMP/Plugins/PluginData/KerbalMultiPlayer/KMPPlayerToken.txt" file.

Generally though, If the user doesn't have any private ships it's far easier to just delete it (which will cause them to re-register automatically the next time the connect), which would be: /unregister Derp

Ohai fellow kerbals,i've got a small problem with this mod.I have a server up for my friend and i,the connection is awesome he has no issues,the game saves his progress prefectly,but i loose my career save on every log out. The science tree resets,and all of my previous flights are for some reason up in random orbits or just flung into space.

Any info or a fix for this maybe?

Ohai fellow kerbals,i've got a small problem with this mod.I have a server up for my friend and i,the connection is awesome he has no issues,the game saves his progress prefectly,but i loose my career save on every log out. The science tree resets,and all of my previous flights are for some reason up in random orbits or just flung into space.

Any info or a fix for this maybe?

That was supposed to be fixed in 0.1.5.1. Can you confirm that you are using both 0.1.5.1 server and client?

And to godarklight and gimp, were the fixes for this issue client- or serverside?

@Godlee/KvickFlygarn87: That was fixed in 0.1.5.1, but perhaps there is some case where it happens. The development version has a slight change to the problem as ntp-sync caused the "Invalid science something or rather - Please restart your client" bug to appear more often - I found that by sending science only on connect that this problem was avoided completely.

It will have to be changed when someone decides to work on a co-op (shared science) mode however.

@MK3424: A permissions system would be handy to have, Currently setting your ship to private is the only way to protect it. I think it's something that's worth looking at, I'll add it as a feature request as something to look at in the future.

I feel like the development version is getting fairly close, the biggest issues (in my opinion only), are vessels duplicating (probably related to my vessel fixes related to Jo's rover videos), the server lagging (experienced as chat lag into the minute or 2 range), and docking mode glitching out causing really funky orbits.

Hi, how can I prevent automatic synching? I'm using 0.1.5.1 and while I was travelling to the Mun I started two other rockets (sub-orbital) and then switched to a satellite. But as soon as I switched to it, I was synched with my friend, and the craft travelling to the Mun had overshoot.

Fabian

@xZise: I'll refer two the 'time-sync' and the 'vessel-sync' as different things for this :)

The only time it should time-sync to another player is if you try spectating them (by attempting to fly the ship they are in). I'll have to double check whether it time-sync's on a vessel launch - but I'm fairly sure it doesn't. The game *does* time-sync to the latest player during the connect though.

The vessel-sync that comes up after warp is just to make things that has happened in the future actually appear for the player in the past. That one only sends what it needs so it should be very quick.

@Everyone: I've added a server side change that needs a little testing for 0.1.6, it's relatively simple but it mostly fixes the server lag problems (experienced as chat lag) that's currently present in 0.1.5.1 and the development version. The fix backports to 0.1.5.1 just fine.

I've added it to my 3 servers:

godarklight.kerbalcentral.com 2076 - Forced stock, release 0.1.5.1.

godarklight.kerbalcentral.com 2077 - Forced stock, development version.

godarklight.kerbalcentral.com 2078 - Same mods as Spazer's battle server, development version.

It works by seeing if there is newer vessel updates and ignoring the older ones. If anyone finds anything strange with it, feel free to reply, PM, or jump on IRC :)

If my server constantly has 8 players then I'll assume it worked, but feedback is always welcome :P

Edited by godarklight

I've added it to my 3 servers:

godarklight.kerbalcentral.com 2076 - Forced stock, release 0.1.5.1.

godarklight.kerbalcentral.com 2077 - Forced stock, development version.

godarklight.kerbalcentral.com 2078 - Same mods as Spazer's battle server, development version.

That should be listed on your Dev server page, like in its own section titled "KMP Testing Servers"! They're specific to testing and so are relevant to show there, even if they already appear on the general server list.

In any case, in a day or two that post will be buried and no-one will want to search the forums for it. I'd almost be tempted to say 'add them in your signature', but that might be going a bit far :P

Edited by JohannesMP

JohannesMP: My server's are for playing too :P

I just had a rather successful experience (minus all the 0.1.5.1 bugs that have since been fixed) on my release server with that change backported. I took another player's lander to gilly who has never been there before :). There was a bit of lag when the server backs up to disk, but I've got another change for that too which will fix all these lag issues.

Player-to-player docking isn't likely yet without an alternate fix to bug 436.

@xZise: I'll refer two the 'time-sync' and the 'vessel-sync' as different things for this :)

The only time it should time-sync to another player is if you try spectating them (by attempting to fly the ship they are in). I'll have to double check whether it time-sync's on a vessel launch - but I'm fairly sure it doesn't. The game *does* time-sync to the latest player during the connect though.

The vessel-sync that comes up after warp is just to make things that has happened in the future actually appear for the player in the past. That one only sends what it needs so it should be very quick.[…]

It was definitely a time-sync. I had setup some alarms with KAC and after launching some rockets on Kerbin I got to the Space Center, then to the Tracking Station and as soon as that loaded up I was synced with my friend.

Apropos friend, he gets a lot of “Player #2 XXX has disconnected: Error in handling scenario data. Please restart your client.â€Â. The only solution known there is to restart the server. Is there maybe a better solution or maybe a more detailed log at least on the server side (I honestly don't know if his log did show something useful).

We are using the 0.1.5.1 from 21st February. This is the server log:

[20:47:21] [Info] : New client...
[20:47:21] [Info] : Client TCP connection established...
[20:47:21] [Info] : Accepted client from YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY:48462. Handshaking...
[20:47:21] [Info] : XXX (#2) has joined the server using client version 0.1.5.1
[20:47:23] [Info] : XXX sync request to subspace 547
[20:48:10] [Info] : Player #2 XXX has disconnected: Error in handling scenario data. Please restart your client.

Fabian

Edited by xZise

xZise: The good news is that "Error in handling scenario data" bug is fixed in the development version.

I know it will time-sync to the latest player on connect, but the only other time KMP should time-sync is when you press the Sync button next to a player, or the one by itself which syncs to the latest player.

If you are playing with friends, the current development version is in a pretty good state (EDIT: Err.. Forgot about duplicates), but it's lacking the optimize patch that I applied to my 3 servers (and makes KMP much more playable).

I have a build of the optimize branch here, replace both files in the server, and KerbalMultiPlayer.dll on the client if you want to give it a try. The clients can alternatively download the development version from the build server, or rename KMPUpdater.exe (also available on the build server in my sig) to KMPUpdater-development.exe

EDIT: If you're feeling less brave, this is the build I'm using for my release server. It's 0.1.5.1, but with optimize-queue backported to it.

Edited by godarklight

I have read a whole huge chunk of the thread, and searched it handily, but i have yet to come across the answer to my question.

I am running a server on career mode, And i wanted players to have more then just stock starting science points, something like 500 to start. I dont mind manually changing new players after they have joined, i could even live with having the disco and changing the points and having them reconnect. I have browsed the Universe database and cannot find a place to edit a player science points. Any ideas, am i making this more difficult by looking in that database.

Thanks for the help beforehand.

I have read a whole huge chunk of the thread, and searched it handily, but i have yet to come across the answer to my question.

I am running a server on career mode, And i wanted players to have more then just stock starting science points, something like 500 to start. I dont mind manually changing new players after they have joined, i could even live with having the disco and changing the points and having them reconnect. I have browsed the Universe database and cannot find a place to edit a player science points. Any ideas, am i making this more difficult by looking in that database.

Thanks for the help beforehand.

I'm not completely certain, but I think science is currently handled client-side, and is not stored on the server. Someone confirm or correct me here just in case.

I'm not completely certain, but I think science is currently handled client-side, and is not stored on the server. Someone confirm or correct me here just in case.

I have changed clientside science, it downloads the old info from the server upon connect.

@salty6924: Science is definitely stored on the server in the kmpScenarios table, the bad news is that it's a serialized ConfigNode type, which means you can't simply edit it on the server.

This is kind of related to shared science thing but this is more simple, Shared science might be a target for 0.1.7.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.