KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Hey guys, Harv here,

http://prntscr.com/20l8oi TheMattDennis16 and I are trying to get it working and are failing spectacularly. Clean installs, running server as admin, port forwarding via Hamachi on a network that we know works.

Any ideas?

Also, can anyone actually post evidence of this mod/ plugin working? Have yet to see some.

Thanks,

HOCgaming

i have the same problem

Hey there,

have a problem with the Kethane mod. when i try putting the "KE-J65 Zero-Bypass Turbine" on my spacecraft it crashes on-click. although i entered the "kethane.turbine" into the KMPpartlist. any ideas or tries to fix this one?

+ an addition for the author: TehGimp666: i have an idea how to autoload installed mods.

make the mp-server into a subfolder on installationpath and read the part.cfg (search for name = [enteranyingamepartnamehere]) in any subfolder where "part" exists. well. complicated to explain. i might try to code a routine, if you are interested. but i dont think this is good to implement yet due to enough existing bugs ^^

Deorbit satellites with kinetic kill vehicles?

I don't know why you'd want to, but yeah you can do that too...

You can't figure out any reason why someone would want to do that?

So, uhm, does the server handle blacklisting/whitelisting right now? :wink:

I downloaded the Server from Space Port (KMP Server [0.22] [v0.1.0.4]) and I am always getting a System.MissingMethodException

Methode nicht gefunden: "ConfigNode KMP.KMPVesselUpdate.getProtoVesselNode()".

(Translate: "Methode not found:")

I will send the whole Error to GitHub in a few, but can someone send me an older server (or the newest), please?

ip: 83.209.202.190

port: 2076

is it down? restarting? Played for a while, got to orbit, server disced, now I cant connect to it again?

I have some trouble with this mod. Whenever i try to connect to a server i get:

''Handshake received. Server version: 0.1.0'' And then nothing happens...

Does someone know how to fix this? Cause i really want to play some KMP!

Try another server.. Got this message too. Probably the server is running old version?

Hey, anyone got problem that the server disconnect when you timewarp?

Edited by Luxmaster-CZ

How can I allowed mechjeb on my private server?

For the AR202 you need to have all you clients add it to the KMPPartList.txt file, is the same for any mod. Make sure you (clients) use bound object name from KSP log.

I know, this question will be full newbie, but how can I do this? Which is the core module? :)

You should be able to figure it out looking at the cfg file for the mechjeb part. You'll see a module which is called like mechjebcore, just copy that section. I'm not at the computer with KSP right now, when I am I'll give you a better description.

Plugins that don't require a part don't seem to bother it.. or at least Navyfish didn't for me.

Also for those of you installing on Linux and using something other than Ubantu version in the OP, you may need to download and install the Mono dev environment (was probably overkill) but I was getting a missing DLL when trying to fire up the server under Mint 15 until I installed the complete Mono.

I installed on a completely fresh KSP and copy-pasted the needed files over, It just gives me a window telling me it made a crash log, this is what it says:

EDIT: Moved the log to pastebin because it was very long

Help?

EDIT 2: Set KSP.exe to run in compability for Windows 7, that worked

Edited by Sebskyo
message was long

Replace underscore with fullstop as per KSP logs once bound. If unsure check KSP log and look for compiled entry of part. See my earlier post. E.G. mumech_MJ2_AR202 >> mumech.MJ2.AR202

MJ will work but has real fun with warps.

Awesome, thanks!

Hey there,

have a problem with the Kethane mod. when i try putting the "KE-J65 Zero-Bypass Turbine" on my spacecraft it crashes on-click. although i entered the "kethane.turbine" into the KMPpartlist. any ideas or tries to fix this one?

+ an addition for the author: TehGimp666: i have an idea how to autoload installed mods.

make the mp-server into a subfolder on installationpath and read the part.cfg (search for name = [enteranyingamepartnamehere]) in any subfolder where "part" exists. well. complicated to explain. i might try to code a routine, if you are interested. but i dont think this is good to implement yet due to enough existing bugs ^^

Not sure what could be going wrong with that particular mod, and probably won't get a chance to look at it for awhile given more severe bugs, but thanks for the report.

If I understand you correctly then what you're describing is pretty much what I have in mind for 'proper' mod support down the line, though not sure when that will happen yet either.

I did re install many times. Could it be my ISP, or Firewall/Anti-Virus?

I can see in your source code, for the client a lack of error messages. Could you at connection, such as handshaking put in a error message for the user? Even a log that spawns in the install directory

Making connection problems easier to deal with is a major target--sorry that you're still having trouble. Firewall shouldn't be factor on the client side (nor ISP issues, etc), but worth trying if you're still having no luck.

Plugins that don't require a part don't seem to bother it.. or at least Navyfish didn't for me.

Also for those of you installing on Linux and using something other than Ubantu version in the OP, you may need to download and install the Mono dev environment (was probably overkill) but I was getting a missing DLL when trying to fire up the server under Mint 15 until I installed the complete Mono.

Yes--mscorlib.dll is needed, Debian-flavors can fetch this with

sudo apt-get install mono-runtime libmono-system-data2.0.cil

if you want the bare minimums. The README has been updated accordingly for the next release

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.