KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Okay so I got a cupple questions.

1) All of the abandon crud at the space center. There broken. Right now, were trying to blow it up under major lag. Is there a way to remove it without erasing everything?

2) I tried to sign in from school but i couldn't because i alredy had that name registered i guess. I just tryed to get back into that username from home where I made it, and it said I couldnt get on because someone alredy made that name. Is there any way to fix that? Or does anyone even know where i would find user name files?

@Spartwo: I had issues yesterday / the day before on spazer too, Someone launched/did something which caused an error known as an NRE flood. It basically makes the game lag out to the max as a vessel is repetitively created and destroyed (or something along those lines).

@Dylan_Madigan: I'm starting to think we should make '/set autoDekessler true' the default... It removes all debris older than 30 minutes.

Also, think of your token file as your password, without the token you won't be able to connect to that name. It's registered automatically the first time you connect to a server.

It lives in KSP_folder/GameData/KMP/Plugins/PluginData/KerbalMultiPlayer/KMPPlayerToken.txt, and people have a tendancy to delete it when they reinstall KMP :(

That wouldn't have stopped you from connecting with a different username though, although you must be quite dedicated to play KMP at school (where the choice of games is usually limited to calculator or something similar) :wink:

Hello,

I was trying to test the last devbuild of KMP with mechjeb. It work the first time but each time i create a new ships, mechjeb create a new preference file for each ones. Ex: "KSP\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\PluginData\MechJeb2\mechjeb_settings_type_Interstellair 7.cfg"

Obviously, this new file make the KMPModControl.txt validation fail. It is possible to use some type of wildcard (like *.cfg) or do somebody know a way to work around this problem? Thank!

@Sylphid:

ChronicSilence did have the right idea with modcontrol, but the current dev version has a few problems - it's too hard to use and doesn't work correctly. This is a build of my fix-modcontrol branch, required and optional sections work like you would expect now (works on all files), but the resources section only pays attention to dll's and not cfg's (like it was in 0.1.5.1).

http://godarklight.kerbalcentral.com:82/kmp/testing/fix-modcontrol/

I'll have to fix up /modgen and then it will be ready for a merge.

Just a few notes:

1. You can leave the required, optional and resouces-blacklist section empty and it will work like the current 0.1.5.1 mod control.

2. If you have any part adding mods, add the .dll in the resources-required section - that's generally enough. You can optionally enforce a specific version with FILE=SHA.

3. If you want to enforce a specific version of an optional mod, add it in the optional-files section with an SHA hash.

4. If you aren't running resource-whitelist, all mods are optional anyway, so you don't need to include them there. If you are running resource-whitelist (probably better known as a dll-whitelist really), any dll's that appear in required or optional will be automatically allowed in the resouces (dll) check too, for convenience.

5. The parts section is exactly the same as before.

6. I don't know of any servers currently using the MD5 feature, and I expect the SHA256 feature will also be unused - but it's there.

7. KerbalMultiPlayer.dll, ICSharpThingy and Toolbar.dll are whitelisted automatically (if using whitelisting...)

Description of each section (they are slightly inaccurate in my build):

required-files: Clients must have these files to join the server. If =[sHA256] is on the end, the sha hash must also match.

optional-files: If clients have these files, the =[sHA256] must match. Also a shortcut for resources-whitelist (if using dll-whitelisting).

resources-blacklist: If any of these files exist on the client, they can't join.

resources-whitelist: If the client has any dll's not on this list, they can't join.

parts: The format hasn't changed even since KMPPartsList.txt existed, add your mod parts here.

Copy KerbalMultiPlayer.dll and KMPServer.exe into the current development server folder, and KerbalMultiPlayer.dll into KSP_folder/GameData/KMP/Plugins

If you feel like living on the wild side, here's a build with the initial sync progress in % and some refactoring of the receiving code (which shouldn't really change anything, but it's more simple and understandable)

http://chrisand.no-ip.info:82/kmp/testing/dark-build/

Edited by godarklight

@Audon: If you are using the normal dev build, I *think* that comes from the way it disconnects, it writes the send/receive error over the real error (like "username already in use" or something similar).

I fixed that issue in what I'll probably start calling dark build - but this version contains personal changes that may not make it into 0.1.6 - it's also incompatible with the current dev version.

@godarklight how incompatible are they? my old universe seemed to load fine in the one you linked just now. Actually. works like a charm :) No errors. Thanks a lot :)

Edit: random dc's with the message "object was used after it was disposed"

Edited by Audon

im having a problem with friends trying to connect to my server

i can connect via localhost just fine but entering my own ip just tells me connecting via ipv4 - disconnected

i've searched high and low and i cant find any useful information

please help

thanks

It sounds like you may need to use port forwarding. This would be necessary if your machine running the server executable is connecting to the internet via a router. In that case port forwarding needs to be set up on said router for anyone on the outside to connect to your server. I explain it a bit more in the first three bullet points here.

For help with setting up port forwarding please visit http://portforward.com/

Edited by JohannesMP

It sounds like you may need to use port forwarding. This would be necessary if your machine running the server executable is connecting to the internet via a router. In that case port forwarding needs to be set up on said router for anyone on the outside to connect to your server. I explain it a bit more in the first three bullet points here.

For help with setting up port forwarding please visit http://portforward.com/

i forgot to add my ports are forwarded i have no firewall/antivirus installed

@odji_mshai, If you are hosting the server and other people want to join from the net, you will have to connect to localhost which is 127.0.0.1, or you can connect your internal network address (looks like 192.168.x.x) while other players outside your network will connect to your internet IPv4 address.

From within your own network, the internet address usually refers to your ADSL/cable/whatever modem, which isn't hosting a KMP server, which is why it fails to connect.

When you port forward, the modem only forwards external requests to your computer and not any internal ones, which is why the internet IP will work for people outside the network, but not from inside of it.

If you want other people from within the same lan to join you, tell them your internal network ip (usually looks like 192.168.x.x), not the internet one :)

@godarklight turns out the error i talked to you about was at my end. reinstalled ksp and it runs much better now. Now this turns up instead"End Read Error" followed by a disconnect. Happens rarely though. Something tells me its a RAM issue. Any ideas?

Ah, i see. Thanks for the info ;)

There's no way of getting rid of the connection drops then right? other than waiting for a more stable release of course.

also. what is the most optimal number of updates per second per client ? since default is 60 and max players is 8, I'm assuming its 7,5?

Edited by Audon

@KvickFlygarn87: Exactly correct :). I probably should explain myself a little sometimes...

@Audon: KMP is fairly resistant to lag these days, but I'm interested why you are getting dropouts. In 0.1.5.1 the server can lag out and kick everyone off saying something about a ghost-check command, but I think you are using the dev version which has ntp-sync and that won't kick clients for lagging out because they can't (the game dynamically warps to a subspace speed, which is an average taken from all the clients in a subspace).

You can check the ntp stats in the dev version updated today by typing !ntp - I've removed the time skew error message and placed it in that command. I haven't finished fix-modcontrol though so that's not in yet :-/

The current tickrate in the client is hard coded at 3 times a second, I'm slightly unsure what the server setting does, but I'd probably leave it to be the default *shrugs*.

@Sylphid:

ChronicSilence did have the right idea with modcontrol, but the current dev version has a few problems - it's too hard to use and doesn't work correctly. This is a build of my fix-modcontrol branch, required and optional sections work like you would expect now (works on all files), but the resources section only pays attention to dll's and not cfg's (like it was in 0.1.5.1).

http://godarklight.kerbalcentral.com:82/kmp/testing/fix-modcontrol/

I'll have to fix up /modgen and then it will be ready for a merge.

Just a few notes:

1. You can leave the required, optional and resouces-blacklist section empty and it will work like the current 0.1.5.1 mod control.

2. If you have any part adding mods, add the .dll in the resources-required section - that's generally enough. You can optionally enforce a specific version with FILE=SHA.

3. If you want to enforce a specific version of an optional mod, add it in the optional-files section with an SHA hash.

4. If you aren't running resource-whitelist, all mods are optional anyway, so you don't need to include them there. If you are running resource-whitelist (probably better known as a dll-whitelist really), any dll's that appear in required or optional will be automatically allowed in the resouces (dll) check too, for convenience.

5. The parts section is exactly the same as before.

6. I don't know of any servers currently using the MD5 feature, and I expect the SHA256 feature will also be unused - but it's there.

7. KerbalMultiPlayer.dll, ICSharpThingy and Toolbar.dll are whitelisted automatically (if using whitelisting...)

Description of each section (they are slightly inaccurate in my build):

required-files: Clients must have these files to join the server. If =[sHA256] is on the end, the sha hash must also match.

optional-files: If clients have these files, the =[sHA256] must match. Also a shortcut for resources-whitelist (if using dll-whitelisting).

resources-blacklist: If any of these files exist on the client, they can't join.

resources-whitelist: If the client has any dll's not on this list, they can't join.

parts: The format hasn't changed even since KMPPartsList.txt existed, add your mod parts here.

Copy KerbalMultiPlayer.dll and KMPServer.exe into the current development server folder, and KerbalMultiPlayer.dll into KSP_folder/GameData/KMP/Plugins

If you feel like living on the wild side, here's a build with the initial sync progress in % and some refactoring of the receiving code (which shouldn't really change anything, but it's more simple and understandable)

Effectively with your build the mod support is far easier to setup.

Thank you for your help. I will try it with some of my friend.

@odji_mshai, If you are hosting the server and other people want to join from the net, you will have to connect to localhost which is 127.0.0.1, or you can connect your internal network address (looks like 192.168.x.x) while other players outside your network will connect to your internet IPv4 address.

From within your own network, the internet address usually refers to your ADSL/cable/whatever modem, which isn't hosting a KMP server, which is why it fails to connect.

When you port forward, the modem only forwards external requests to your computer and not any internal ones, which is why the internet IP will work for people outside the network, but not from inside of it.

If you want other people from within the same lan to join you, tell them your internal network ip (usually looks like 192.168.x.x), not the internet one :)

i know how to port forward im sorry if i confused you with my post

my ports are forwarded my problem is anyone trying to connect to my server via my ip (including me) gets the message "connecting via ipv4 x.x.x.x." and a second later "disconnected"

i can connect via default "localhost" just fine

i dont know if anyone else is having this problem or if anyone knows of any alternative solutions (port forwarding is not the problem)

thanks for your help

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.