KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

fresh install of ksp, fresh install of this mod. I can no longer get it to work...

Remember when re-installing/updating the plugin you need to retain your user token file in the PluginData directory (GameData/KMP/PluginData). Servers remember the contents of this file and there is currently very little error checking to manage authentication which is based on that file.

Hi @TehGimp666

I just tried 0.1.2 with my friend to complete a space docking.

We two launch a space shuttle and a spacecraft into the low orbit.

Then we can quickly see each other and the sync is good enough once the distance is more than 50km.

Then, we did the intercept, and we can observe that one is approaching another.

Before getting too close, the sync worked well and the accuracy was good.

130908mgs6ttbttstsoktt.png.thumb.jpg

Then when we got very close, e.g. 3km. In this case, we can see each other and the craft can be well rendered.

However, after getting too close, the server sync did not update frequently enough, so sometimes he saw a 1km distance and 30m/s relative speed,

while I observed a 500m distance and 15m/s. After doing warp, and then sync, this can be temporarily solved. But after a while, the error became large.

131453bf557wfswwl17zwp.png.thumb.jpg

So, we decided that one did not do any operation and the other completed the left docking. So finally, the two got close and then combined together.

Just after docking, I lost the control of my vessel, and returned to the tracking center.

Then I asked my friend returned to tracking center, and I took the control of the combination.

I separated them, and took the control of my part. However, after that, my friend lost all the info of all vessels. Even reconnect to the server, there was no

vessel can be observed by him. But if I did not disconnect, I can always observe two from tracking center. If I disconnect, and then reconnect, I lost both as well.

After all, Id like to say, 0.1.2 gave us reaaaally fantastic experience.

If the sync can be improved for closed craft, and the data can be stable (sometimes his was in relative higher orbit, then after a while, sync, we found mine was higher), the experience would be much better.

Thanks.

Edited by uboats

Hello,

I noticed some problems with the menu on the new version:

The buttons are hidden and I can't type any text in the field:

49800d42-18d3-4487-bc98-aeaeae0f8218.jpg

9c927fa1-071a-40cc-9cb1-c4bbde34782d.jpg

A big thanks for this awesome addon :)

This might be an issue with resolution, what resolution are you running? Also, have you restarted KSP and reinstalled KMP?

Also something strange; On one of my PCs i have the KMP mod in, some or all of the letters are gone!!??? I cant see where start menu is or its in brail, and the client gui is missing nearlt all of its words... PLEASE ADVISE! thanx :)

Looks like you should restart KSP, and if the problem is still there, reboot your PC.

Remember when re-installing/updating the plugin you need to retain your user token file in the PluginData directory (GameData/KMP/PluginData). Servers remember the contents of this file and there is currently very little error checking to manage authentication which is based on that file.

Woot! That fixed it! Luckily my token file was still sitting in my recycle bin... glad I hadn't cleared it!

Uhhhgl........ I can't stop barfing rainbows at this awesome piece of programming.....

So when is Squad going to come over and be like "Hey! Guess what? You wanna be part of the team and make this mainstream?"

it will be soon

Maybe some good news for some folks here. I have build a application to install mods for you in the KMPpartlist.txt. However, I still need to find out how to compile my .java file to a .jar file (my program does not let me run it). Will report back soon!

Would anyone be able to tell me if Mechjeb is compatible I've been hosting a server for me and some friends, and we were wanting to start modding the server, so I've added the mechjeb part names to the KSPMPblahPartlist.text file and distributed it amongst my friends. However on launching a ship with a mechjeb part attached were all still getting the "ship has prohibited parts sorry". Ive tried the part name within the part.cfg file and the part name on the folder but to no avail. If anyone could provide a solution or give me a hand it would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

You need to add the following lines to your KMPPartList.txt. I have this file in both the KMP Server directory and in my client one where the part list file game from (see the server README.txt)

mumech.MJ2.AR202

mumech.MJ2.Pod

After that it all worked with mechjeb happily. It the autowarp will try and warp in physics areas too which isn't allowed doesn't seem to hurt anything though.

Ok... random lag problem still exists in both single and multiplayer.

I can play for hours and the frame rate will be fine. Then the next time I log on it will be down to less than one frame per second. Even if i restart and try to play normal single player the frame rate is screwed. How is this mod breaking my ksp so badly... it's not just online so can't be lag.

Any thoughts?

Hey, not sure if someone said this yet, but would it be possible to make the 40km limit of KSC and option that you can change? Like change it to 5km or something.

yes, later.

if wont i can build client & server, version 0.1.2+ with 5km bubble.

but there can play 2-3 people at once.

and still a lot of bugs.

the project leader wrotes smth like this before

Edited by dimmy

One of the latest changes on the github was to remove the hard coding of the bubble to make it a constant(easier to change).

if you want to check it out, the commit was here.

https://github.com/TehGimp/KerbalMultiPlayer/commit/d8db1c703534c90235709497a9d0f1f1d297f106

For those have issues, you should be using the github to report them. https://github.com/TehGimp/KerbalMultiPlayer/issues. Putting all the issues in one place will make things easier to track and eventually get fixed.

Edit changed second url to go to the issues page

Edited by cullyn

I never see anyone because of the bubble and think that changing it would be pointless due to me being on a server

Also dont you think 40KM is overkill for default?

so childs wont spam the server with non working vessels.

this is exactly my problem! I even got the problem on 2 pc's! I even tried it with an other rooter! Nothing worked out!

At a friend of mine it works! And it sounds great!

Though thanks for all that work you put in that mod! I was really waiting for that!

Ps: Win8 no mods installed exept kmp!

okay thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

After the last update it is working :D thank you! Its awsome!!!!!!

Just a quick PSA for everyone on a Mac that wants to run a server - if you have mono compiled and installed on your Mac, you can run KMPServer.exe. Follow the directions in the readme.txt (you have to download the windows version to get the three .dll files, they do not exist in the mac version), and just make sure you CD to the KMPServer.exe directory before you try to run it. For whatever reason it has to be your currently active directory, you can't just drag and drop the .exe file after you type "mono." All the server options work and if your ports are forwarded correctly then you should be set.

I am however having a problem with the client side on my mac - I can't stay connected to any servers for more than a split second! I will see "connected to server!" confirmation in the main KMP window, but then a split second later it will say "Disconnected." Any advice?

Hey, not sure if someone said this yet, but would it be possible to make the 40km limit of KSC and option that you can change? Like change it to 5km or something.

Yah i agree it would be great to hvae the option to even take it off compleatly! Please creator of KMP please add a way for us to modify the bubble and if we want to take it off compleatly. thanx! :)

Yah i agree it would be great to hvae the option to even take it off compleatly! Please creator of KMP please add a way for us to modify the bubble and if we want to take it off compleatly. thanx! :)

As it was said a page ago, this is being tested and will probably be implemented soon.

Hey Guys,

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 13.10 a few days ago and im getting a bizzare error after just installing Mono-complete and trying to run the server.

skay@ks3329890:~/ksp$ sudo mono KMPServer.exe

[sudo] password for skay:

Missing method System.Linq.Enumerable::Where<[1]>(IEnumerable`1<!!0>,Func`2<!!0, bool>) in assembly /home/skay/ksp/System.Core.dll, referenced in assembly /home/skay/ksp/KMPServer.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Where'.

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Where'.

Any Ideas?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.