[Suggestion/Request]EVA Harness/Enhanced EVA

BananaDealer

So this idea has been buzzing in my head for awhile... Our Kerbals need some sort of EVA harness/tether/umbilical cable when performing spacewalks.

Yes, KAS can probably fill that role but it would involve setting up winches, wires and all the other stuff. Plus, I'm not sure it'll have all the capabilities I have in mind...

I'm talking about a single part that would allow a Kerbal to attach a cable to his suit (or from his suit to the craft), letting him use his EMU freely without the fear of drifting off, GRAVITY-style. There could even be a function that would allow the EVA-ing Kerbal to reel himself back to the ship!

It could also "ground" the Kerbal when he's in contact/proximity with the ship, allowing him to walk as if on the surface of a planet, or more accurately- crawl. Actual walking could also be implemented via "magnetic boots" that would constrict a Kerbal's movement by making him walk slower and be incapable of running, while pressing the jump button would "disengage" the boots- letting him fly off like normal.

So yeah... That's my idea... I'm actually kinda surprised there hasn't been something like this already...

Anyways... Thoughts anyone?

• 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.