[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Do Duna/Laythe have clouds? If they do, that means the texture is loaded properly.

Laythe and Duna have clouds for me (though is the clouds at ground level at around 3500m on Laythe intentional? I really like it.)

EDIT: Similar dark clod issues on Laythe's poles

Edited by Sauron

Really nice pack astronomer, but unfortunately I don't think I can run it, my mods (especially ksp interstellar) cause a bit of lag so this was the tipping point (I have quite a powerful PC as well!)

Indeed a fantastic addition, Astronomer ... ! I've seen one tiny issue though; the Munar terrain clips through the 'glow' in the polar regions. This could be quickly solved however with Alt + N and raising the height of the layer from 6100 to - for example - 6400 ... !

I tried installing astronomer's packs, I'm on a mac so when I put the items into the gamedata, it fully replaces it, and it stopped working entirely.

I have a few questions-

First off, steps 2/3 have folders titled the same thing, do I merge those, or rename them and put both in?

Second, do I merge the original EVE and/or boulderco folders with the new ones, replace them, or put them all in?

I tried merging them, and while the bioluminescent clouds on Laythe worked, nothing else did. It seemed to only change Laythe's night side, didn't give anything glows, Minmus is missing the nice ice cream dust, no auroras, etc.

Any help?

I tried installing astronomer's packs, I'm on a mac so when I put the items into the gamedata, it fully replaces it, and it stopped working entirely.

I have a few questions-

First off, steps 2/3 have folders titled the same thing, do I merge those, or rename them and put both in?

Second, do I merge the original EVE and/or boulderco folders with the new ones, replace them, or put them all in?

I tried merging them, and while the bioluminescent clouds on Laythe worked, nothing else did. It seemed to only change Laythe's night side, didn't give anything glows, Minmus is missing the nice ice cream dust, no auroras, etc.

Any help?

I'm using a Mac too, and everything is working fine. Merging folders on a Mac doesn't work the same as it does on a PC, so that's likely the problem. The best way to make sure everything is where it needs to go is to open two Finder windows - one with your KSP GameData folder, the other with the contents of Astronomer's pack. Copy the files you want from Astronomer's pack and past them directly into the appropriate sub-folders located inside your GameData folder; just click, drag and overwrite individual files in each separate sub-folder. If you're careful, it works perfectly.

Be sure to have a backup of everything first; if you're using Time Machine and run into a problem just roll back to a prior copy of your GameData folder from an hour or two earlier. If you're not using Time Machine or other backup system, create a backup of your GameData folder on your Desktop or something just in case.

Update on my personal problems that nobody cares about: I think I figured it out. The secret is to never click "Reset to Default". From here on out I shall pretend the button does not exist.

Thus I have successfully tweaked Eve to my liking and dialed back the clouds on Kerbin a bit so I can see where KSC is. I also added some clouds on the Sun to simulate extra sunspots and some sweltering heat in its vicinity - I have a giant cloud layer with the "glow" texture that appears just inside Moho's orbit and adds a subtle yellow tinge to the sky, making it feel hotter.

The new city textures look great - and no more lights in the ocean! Any way that I can make them brighter? I use Ambient Light Adjustment so I can get decent screenshots, but it makes the lights look kind of washed out. I know that's my issue, but if I can brighten the illumination user-side that would be fine.

Anyhow, the real issue I noticed is some strange tiling on the ocean near KSP.

screenshot65_zpsaeca3ffb.png

The new city textures look great - and no more lights in the ocean! Any way that I can make them brighter? I use Ambient Light Adjustment so I can get decent screenshots, but it makes the lights look kind of washed out. I know that's my issue, but if I can brighten the illumination user-side that would be fine.

Anyhow, the real issue I noticed is some strange tiling on the ocean near KSP.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/HidaOkami/screenshot65_zpsaeca3ffb.png

If lighting is increased, it will decrease the emissive lighting of the texture. Not much you can do there I'm afraid.

The tiling is a side-effect of altering the tangent info. It will have to be ignored until I replace the ocean shader.

Ehm how do I get to show the gui? ALT+N is not working

also I am having same issue as sebi.zzr , I have not changed anything, deleted old eve and installed the new one ( that I have to say look very promising :) )

I seem to recall someone saying it was ALT-E now.

Thank you sir, it's indeed ALT-E

edit: with gui open FPS drops from 60 to 10...and corrupted texture?

[Exception]: UnityException: Texture 'BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/kerbin1' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.

Edited by brusura

HUH? Did you modify configs or anything like that? This is a TEST release too, so don't go updating if you aren't willing to be a guinea-pig

Just reporting, only copy-paste,after backup everything is back to normal.FnCY0sG.jpg?1

The "option to disable in mapview" would be great. Finding a good spot to land on Eve is ... impossibru light now.

Or maybe that's because of "Better Atmospheres", I don't know right now.

ARGH! The dust storms on Duna seem constant as well. This is really irritating. How can I remove the storm layers on each planet?

Remove the layers which use the "storm" texture.

For Kerbin remove the "duna1" layer which has RimScale set to 0.