[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Haha... New release. GUI fixes/enhancements.

Yay!

I have a feature request: dynamically increase the radius of the clouds when the camera is far away so we don't get z-depth fighting at large distances. This is much more apparent in RSS when lowering the clouds to more realistic altitudes. Looks great flying around Kerbin, but map view and distant orbits make the clouds go all twitchy due to floating-point precision errors.

Well I would certainly like to try 6.4 as you said it should be more forgiving on the memory again. But as there are some more changes in the 6.xx release, I guess papics' 8k Blue Marble pack won't work as there is also a customconfig file included... or should it still work?

I have not looked into the new releases yet, but the custom config only changes some rotation velocity values and lightness values, so even if the new config structure is different, just look into the config file included in the pack and modify the values in the GUI accordingly. I will probably try it out in the coming days, but XMas is pretty busy for me :)

Visual Glitch: I'm getting a line running north/south.

http://i.imgur.com/vvF3NPc.png

Argh... I thought I figured out how to get rid of that... It is an unfortunate side effect from the use of Atan2 in the shader, and the mipmaps go crazy from it. I'll keep working to see if I can fix it. I had some really interesting ideas over the holidays, and figure that I might be able to make some big improvements to solve the issues like this.

The NASA clouds are not working for me.

Loading hangs quite a while longer, and finally there are simply no clouds at all.

The standard cloud textures do work, but are too low res for me to enjoy.

Try removing the old install completely, then installing the mod. This sounds like it is a config file issue.

That bug with the line running north/south seems to be affecting every planet with clouds and can be seen from very far away

http://i.imgur.com/63eeBKF.png

I spent several minutes trying to find it, but I was never able to in my build. Created a test sphere in unity and then saw it. I have a fix in the works it looks like. It is caused by the shader not knowing what mip-map level to use due to the atan2 discontinuity. Should have it taken care of tonight.