The physics of homeopathy

Winter Man

At two minutes I wanted to cry, so I stopped it.

I think this video needs to be shown to every teacher and professor who ever felt like passing a student out of pity.

Yeah it's just not worth it. And I think if you were to do that they might just start hitting students out of sheer frustration knowing what they'd become.

First off, which sane person uses "throwing bombs at peoples houses, because their dogs did something in your yard" to explain something.

The rest is like a child trying to explain that fairies are real.

I think the AVGN can explain my reaction better:

img5828.gif

This talk is a perfect example of how to generate energy for our benefit.

Make a talk like that, attach a generator to the coffin of Albert Einstein, and utilize the energy generated by his rotation.

Pfttfffffhahahahaha. OK.OK. So - i have one simple advice for people believing in this krap. When they feel unwell, they should go to the kitchen, pour glass of water from the faucet and drink it. At one point or another EVERYTHING was dissolved in the water. Which means they have a cure for everything in this single glass. No need to buy any 'homeopathic medicine' anymore. Too bad it doesn't work for stupidity.

I actually hate that woman. I hate her stupid face. I hate her stupid voice. I hate her stupid words. I hate her stupid brain and I hate her stupid ideas.

The total universal mass can be crammed inside a bowling ball...

I HATE HER!

My god, you guys are so ignorant. Don't you know homeopathy has been clinically proven and...

Oh sod it, I couldn't keep that up for much more than a sentence. Homeopathy is one of those things that the further you dig into it, the crazier it gets. It has absolutely no scientific merit. If you ask 5 homeopaths the same question as to how homeopathy works, you'll get 5 different answers.

I don't know how anyone can believe it, it astonishes me to think people have such an uncritical mindset. I almost wish I knew some of them, then I could sell them a bridge...

Dude, there are people thinking drinking human urine is good for health. They have conferences, during which best methods of intaking your own pee is discussed. Apparently not one of them stopped for a minute and thought: "Wait a sec. My body does its best to get rid of this stuff ASAP. Maybe pumping it back in, is not such brilliant idea?"

As somebody who has watched many James Randi speeches and lectures on homeopathy, this is all I can do anymore:

lol_george_takei.gif

I went through a stage when I felt extremely sorry for the people who bought the junk science, but nowadays all I can do is laugh at people who think that water can solve your troubles.

Dude, there are people thinking drinking human urine is good for health. They have conferences, during which best methods of intaking your own pee is discussed. Apparently not one of them stopped for a minute and thought: "Wait a sec. My body does its best to get rid of this stuff ASAP. Maybe pumping it back in, is not such brilliant idea?"

The difference is homeopathy is protected by law, we have laws in place in the US to make sure the FDA can't disprove it, same with chiropractics, urine drinking is protected by free speech, but you can't legally say it will cure you for anything, you legally can say that about homeopathy.

One fun way to look at homeopathy, us to use it on alcohol, not strange chemicals people don't understand how work.

Take a beer bottle, give the beer to somebody else, fill it with water and drink the water, this contains lite alcohol so it should make you more drunk than the beer.

Now clean the bottle and fill it with more water, it should just contains a few atoms of alcohol so it would make you dead drunk. Hard liquor on the other hand has lite effect.

Now for added fun, the water you drunk contains small traces of very bad stuff,some atoms with uranium, quicksilver and other stuff you want to stay away from.

however as the amount of quicksilver and uranium in water is very low it would have huge effects.

I however doubt the believers would prefer an more concentrated drink :)

The difference is homeopathy is protected by law

That's pretty messed up. How did you end up in that sorry state? Homeopathy is a nutty fringe belief, they shouldn't be able to get their nonsense protected by law.

So the idea of homeopathy is putting a substance, which causes the same sympthoms as the ailment, in water and dilute it 100x times or more.

In other words there is no trace of the substance left at the end.

This some how makes the water "remember" the substance which was put in it in the first step.

Now imagine how many toilets are flushed with who knows what in it. Homeopathy tells us that the water remembers that too! :confused:

Homeopathy works through the placebo effect: this one is scientifically proved. Basically you drink water with some sugar for taste, they tell you it's a potent medication, you already feel better. Works for many minor ailments, of course dont expect to relieve someone from terminal cancer with just this...

One fun way to look at homeopathy, us to use it on alcohol, not strange chemicals people don't understand how work.

Take a beer bottle, give the beer to somebody else, fill it with water and drink the water, this contains lite alcohol so it should make you more drunk than the beer.

Now clean the bottle and fill it with more water, it should just contains a few atoms of alcohol so it would make you dead drunk. Hard liquor on the other hand has lite effect.

Now for added fun, the water you drunk contains small traces of very bad stuff,some atoms with uranium, quicksilver and other stuff you want to stay away from.

however as the amount of quicksilver and uranium in water is very low it would have huge effects.

I however doubt the believers would prefer an more concentrated drink :)

That's a good one, I've done it before with red food coloring. Showing people, according to homeopathy the more water we add the darker red this will get.

That's pretty messed up. How did you end up in that sorry state? Homeopathy is a nutty fringe belief, they shouldn't be able to get their nonsense protected by law.

Royal S.Copeland Senator from New York, and homeopathic doctor, was one of the sponcers of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act of 1938 So basically as long as we've had any regulation of the industry we've had homeopaths insisting that they are a real part of it.

Royal S.Copeland Senator from New York, and homeopathic doctor, was one of the sponcers of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act of 1938 So basically as long as we've had any regulation of the industry we've had homeopaths insisting that they are a real part of it.

Except that they're exempt from FDA testing and labeling requirements precisely because they're so dilute that they're basically just water and contain no active ingredients. So they want to be called medicine, but treated like they aren't. It's abysmal fraud.