Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Great work on getting this going again. Im super hyped about it. One question though. I sent a couple sats up last night. One of which went to the mun. For some reason when I go behind the mun. I dont lose control of it like I used to. It still says local control up top. Did something change with that? And yes it was unmanned.

Great work on getting this going again. Im super hyped about it. One question though. I sent a couple sats up last night. One of which went to the mun. For some reason when I go behind the mun. I dont lose control of it like I used to. It still says local control up top. Did something change with that? And yes it was unmanned.

Are you using mod parts? Mod parts need to be given a ModuleSPU manually. It's a battle I can't win because if I assign one to all ModuleCommand without crew the other half of the playerbase starts whining as well.

Oooh ya. That must be it... I added a remote control module that isnt stock. Can I use module manager to add that to those parts? If so do you have an example?

edit: nvm I found the config file I would add them to. Really I think I should just relaunch those couple with the right probe.

Edited by synik4l

Awesome! Guess I'm gonna have to check out my tech tree and maybe put science on hold, then get to building a network. Hope I can come up with a design where I can launch 3 commsats on the same rocket with out part count issues. :)

Awesome! Guess I'm gonna have to check out my tech tree and maybe put science on hold, then get to building a network. Hope I can come up with a design where I can launch 3 commsats on the same rocket with out part count issues. :)

The satellite in the promo image could fit four in a single 2.5m extended KW fairing. Awesome.

Hi Cilph mod looks great

But I just can´t get it to work.

1; I build 4 Sats with a dish and antenna and powe supply.

2: Bring them in a nice orbit around kerbin. (make sure theres is antenna connection i map mode)

3: Activate dishes and point them at the Mün

4: Build some "Mün Sats" with antennas and dishes ect (do the need dishes?)

5: Put Mün sats in orbit around the Mün. But no contact!!!

I got contact once but when I reloaded thr game again alle dishes was set to "no target". Have I missed a "save buttom" when you choose a target?

Can someone maket a turtoriel

I'm using Modular multiwheel and omniwheel mod and I found that even if I try to add the ModuleSPU to the wheels/engines, I'm still able to control them regardless if I have them connected to the network or not. I'd really like if there was a way to fix this as making sure your rovers are controllable via a proper satellite link seems like good fun.

Hi Cilph mod looks great

But I just can´t get it to work.

1; I build 4 Sats with a dish and antenna and powe supply.

2: Bring them in a nice orbit around kerbin. (make sure theres is antenna connection i map mode)

3: Activate dishes and point them at the Mün

4: Build some "Mün Sats" with antennas and dishes ect (do the need dishes?)

5: Put Mün sats in orbit around the Mün. But no contact!!!

I got contact once but when I reloaded thr game again alle dishes was set to "no target". Have I missed a "save buttom" when you choose a target?

Can someone maket a turtoriel

Dishes need to point both ways, or you need an omnidirectional antenna that can reach far enough. (None of them do for the Mun). It states this in the first post under Connection.

I'm using Modular multiwheel and omniwheel mod and I found that even if I try to add the ModuleSPU to the wheels/engines, I'm still able to control them regardless if I have them connected to the network or not. I'd really like if there was a way to fix this as making sure your rovers are controllable via a proper satellite link seems like good fun.

Add a ModuleSPU to -anything- that has a ModuleCommand (but nothing else).

Edited by Cilph

Cool!

Maybe kOS compatiblility?

Would be fun to "upload" control scripts for probes and rovers.

It's coming, but most of the work needs to come from the kOS side. Tell them to contact me with their demands.

Are you using mod parts? Mod parts need to be given a ModuleSPU manually. It's a battle I can't win because if I assign one to all ModuleCommand without crew the other half of the playerbase starts whining as well.

Well upon further inspection. Turns out the remote guidance unit is stock. I thought kspx screwed with it. But it doesnt. its the probestacksmall that im using. Here is also a list of currently installed mods. I'm guessing I have a conflict here somewhere. Unless i'm just retarded somehow.

extraplantary launchpads

kethane

kspx

b9

engineer redux

KAS

mechjeb

nova punch

proc fairings

pwbfuel balancer

TAL Spherical fuel tanks

and remote tech

Well upon further inspection. Turns out the remote guidance unit is stock. I thought kspx screwed with it. But it doesnt. its the probestacksmall that im using. Here is also a list of currently installed mods. I'm guessing I have a conflict here somewhere. Unless i'm just retarded somehow.

extraplantary launchpads

kethane

kspx

b9

engineer redux

KAS

mechjeb

nova punch

proc fairings

pwbfuel balancer

TAL Spherical fuel tanks

and remote tech

Since release i have been using RT in my heavy modded install so i can help you narrow down that list a bit.

From my expirience the following mods you have installed are NOT causing any problems with stock probe cores under RT:

b9

engineer redux

KAS

nova punch

proc fairings

TAL Spherical fuel tanks

Regarding the person who asked about using this on rescaled Kerbin, I've been testing a fork that allows specifying Mission Control's position and antenna range via CFG. When it's solid, Cilph, I'll add it as a pull request.

This was pretty much exactely what I was looking for.

So, odd issue I found. Looks like attaching antennas using KAS (the Communotron 16 is the attachable one) causes an instant freeze and crash.

PM me the crash log. KSP_data/output_log.txt. Ive added antennas with KAS before.

Just tested this a bit. It occurs with no other mods loaded and affects different modules. Neither target changes nor name changes done in KSC will stick.

Great work with this mod! I noticed one small bug:

Sometimes when you set targets from KSC it doesn't 'stick' and reverts back to No Target.

Edited by sonicsst

Mini Bug report:

My only problem at this moment is that when i decouple a probe from a ship, said probe will not make a connection through the ship unless i unload both. So i went around it by making sure i had some other antenna in range, which would sometime go probe -> ship outta range -> original ship -> rest of path to command.

I have your recent version (per the MechJeb thing we talked here a day or two ago).

Dishes need to point both ways, or you need an omnidirectional antenna that can reach far enough. (None of them do for the Mun). It states this in the first post under Connection.

Sorry to be a pain

If I have 4 sats i orbit around Kerbin and 4 around the Mün

The 4 Kerbin sats have the Mün as targets

The Mün sats have Kerbin as targets

= no connection

I did have connection if the 4 Mün sats have Kerbin mission controle as a target, but only when the was line of sight. That makes sense but my first setup worked in RT 1

Bugreport:

In the VAB:

[LOG 11:51:17.593] RTGigaDish1(Clone) added to ship - part count: 24

[LOG 11:51:17.609] stage count is: 0

[LOG 11:51:17.609] RTGigaDish1(Clone)(Clone) added to ship - part count: 25

[LOG 11:51:17.609] stage count is: 0

[LOG 11:51:17.609] Removing undo list (27, 3)

[EXC 11:51:17.640] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 11:51:17.640] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hogging and slowing the whole game until i remove the dish (or every parts that belongs remotetech) from the ship.

This new RemoteTech is sweet, loved it but...

It's back! Been looking forward to this day.

Aside from:

anybody know how well it works with kOS?

I don't use kOS but someone complained to me that kOS has an ingame editor thingy. Pressing the number buttons or space will activate your groups and does not get blocked.

It's very frustrating can't use both together because of this. Any workarounds guys? I can edit scripts in other program, but as son I open KOS and type RUN SCRIPT, the space make my rocket stage :(

This new RemoteTech is sweet, loved it but...

It's very frustrating can't use both together because of this. Any workarounds guys? I can edit scripts in other program, but as son I open KOS and type RUN SCRIPT, the space make my rocket stage :(

Ye this is the main problem (and the only one so far I found) with RT2 adn kOS.