Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Having a bit of an issue. I sent a two part probe to duna. On arrival, I undocked the two pieces. The orbiter has the long range dish, a 500km omni and a 5MM omni. The lander has a 500km omni and a 5MM omni. The 500km omnis on the probe and the orbiter are activated but I get no connection. I tried toggling the omni's on the orbiter but no luck. Any ideas why this is? Both ships have electric charge and of course probe cores.

It's a bug that's been hard to pinpoint i think. Unload both ships (go to another one far from both) and it should work when you get back to them

I don't have Module Manager :/ nor do I actually know what it is. I've seen it in some other mod files though.

If you installed RT2 it was in the file, as that is something to watch for as mods put it in there mod file and u can only have 1 in your ksc/gamedata folder.

Well we may never get to the bottom of this. I deleted my RT2 folder as I thought the hotfix was a full copy and then booted the game. It seems to have deleted all my active flights since they all had antenna on them. I installed RT2 and then the quickpatch but no ships. I tried F9 but my last quicksave was pretty old.

Well we may never get to the bottom of this. I deleted my RT2 folder as I thought the hotfix was a full copy and then booted the game. It seems to have deleted all my active flights since they all had antenna on them. I installed RT2 and then the quickpatch but no ships. I tried F9 but my last quicksave was pretty old.

That's unfortunately and I feel bad, I didn't even think to mention that the hotfix was just the .dll

How were your dishes at Kerbin targeting the probe mission? If they were set to active vessel, or (potentially, depending on how naming / vessel IDs resolved during undock) the ship itself, it's quite possible that the orbiter lost its connection to KSC when you switched to the lander.

OTOH, if they were targeting Duna, or you checked their targeting after undocking and they were targeting the orbiter, then that would definitely seem to be odd.

Edit: Whoops, might be a little bit too late.

No worries guys. I've lost saves before, just a part of mucking around like this.

What is void?

Atragon, that was it actually. The communication satellites around Kerbin targeted the active vessel. Switching to the lander meant the orbiter no longer got targeted. At least now I know for next time!

EDIT: But wait, shouldn't the cone angle of the dishes around Kerbin been wide enough to catch both ships and keep the link open to the orbiter?

Edited by inferno4200

Void mod is like Engineer mod but it keeps some of the info on screen nice mod.

here is a link if u want to look at it http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54533

modder also as AntennaRange-Enforce

talk to him or her about putting max antennarange and range to target in they said they would try in get in the next update on void

Edited by Mecripp2

no one has any info on my issue above? anything like it been reported before?

No it like the bug that the fix should have fixed but there was 2 ver. of RT2 out, dont know if you needed one of them or not. sorry it would be back a couple of pages.

You might try this http://www./download/dncc8qu44t30a90/RemoteTech2_2014.01.08.22.30.zip it was back on page 219 and back on page 210 , I think

there was http://www./download/nr641y4ng8vou9o/RemoteTech2_2014.01.08.16.38.zip but then there was the top he pushed later.

Edited by Mecripp2

No it like the bug that the fix should have fixed but there was 2 ver. of RT2 out, dont know if you needed one of them or not. sorry it would be back a couple of pages.

You might try this http://www./download/dncc8qu44t30a90/RemoteTech2_2014.01.08.22.30.zip it was back on page 219 and back on page 210 , I think

there was http://www./download/nr641y4ng8vou9o/RemoteTech2_2014.01.08.16.38.zip but then there was the top he pushed later.

Thanks for that, I think i got it sorted. there was some references to Lazor tech in the logs right before the null pointer exception, and so I removed that mod (only had it for the cameras, and those were not working in .23 anyway), and that seems to have sorted the switching between vessels issues. now all I have is the strange duplicate vessel causing random explosions, but if I understand correct that is a random bug in the base game? or is that somehow also related to RT2? I am rapidly running out of mods that have a custom plugin (I think I am down to bobcat, mechjeb [not used on my comsats, so not applicable right?] and RT2) so hopefully that makes troubleshooting easier.

I think the vessel was if u launch 2 of the same name was bad some try renaming before launch, as must us , I would think make a com sat and launch a bunch of them to setup are network.

so they all had same name so had to start renaming.

As a test I launched an entire inner system worth of satellites one at a time (6 for Kerbin, 3 for Mun, 3 for Minmus, 3 for Deep Space end points - so 15 separate launches, each with a unique name) and never got the exploding ship bug.

Then I sent up a single ship with 6 satellites on it to Dres. Before I had the 6th one in orbit I'd corrupted the save to the point where it wouldn't load.

I think RT2 may have a problem with how the names change when you split ships into multiple satellites while they are connected into the network.

For the same reason I started to lauch sats using manned pusher (at least works for Kerbin) without even MechJeb to be sure. So far so good, I even renamed those deployed sats and set them to probe type.

I think the vessel was if u launch 2 of the same name was bad some try renaming before launch, as must us , I would think make a com sat and launch a bunch of them to setup are network.

so they all had same name so had to start renaming.

Vessels are identified by their GUID, but there is some sense in this comment. I remember seeing some weird targeting by satellite name in the FocusFragment.

gentelmen

antennas (omni or dish) can have only one channel?

seems like dish - yup. but what about omni?

can one omni antenna communicate with several targets in its range?

Yes the omni can and the dishes can to some what depends on how u have the target like target to planet anything around mun with the small stock dish target kerbin and kerbin target mun will all talk.

EDIT If you made a 60 gm omni and had like 3 or more around kerbin and put 1 around duna all around kerbin would talk to duna giving it has line of sight.

Edited by Mecripp2