Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

What you mean ? about only fix out is posted on first page now.

Being a viewer of Manley, I simply assumed there was a problem with RemoteTech and 0.23, given that he keeps talking about how he has disabled it :o

Yeah, sorry, but even Scott Manley will have to wait for 0.24. I wasted yesterday coming up with a new GUI for the antenna listing that included distances. It's tricky getting it to work with the limited Unity GUI capabilities while looking good. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to margins.

Does anyone want to contribute with some UI design sketches =D?

Edited by Cilph

Loading up give me a couple of min's,I'll put 1 in space and see.

Cilph said there was a patch

maybe,but I'll try and load 1 like you said and see.

yes delta-v works with the rapier maybe you need to set a time for the burn.

EDIT when you set your delta-v burn you should see a yellow_green looking bar by the nav ball showing how much delta-v to burn and what's left to burn.

Then something is off here. My latest RemoteTech2 version does not work like that.

I just moved all my addons into another directory so that KSP won't load them. I downloaded the latest RemoteTech2 zip, unpacked it, moved the files into their proper destination, and surprise, the Rapier doesn't work. What "doesn't work" means:

Just as before, I enter "50m/s", 100% throttle, kill rotation, and press "BURN". The delta-v in the extended flight computer window does not go down as it is supposed to. Sorry for the uncut version ;).

I applied my fix and build the RemoteTech2.dll and it works.

Edited by nobody44

Has anyone else had a problem with the RemoteTech GUI buttons on the Tracking Station / Map being... broken? Instead of three there's only oneand if you click it nothing happens until you go back to the space center at which point the entire game freaks out.

Also I have a question regarding the packet size / transmit / etc. - All the stock parts have these things tweaked for the type of dish and such. Remotetech returns them all to a basic number. Does RemoteTech do this for a specific reason? Is it automatically calculating the durations and power drains based on distance, or can I tweak them as I see fit without causing major problems? I can't seem to find any concise documentation on what RemoteTech changes to science - if it changes anything.

I'm not sure if every antenna having the same data properties is a bug or not.

Edited by Frostiken

Has anyone else had a problem with the RemoteTech GUI buttons on the Tracking Station / Map being... broken? Instead of three there's only oneand if you click it nothing happens until you go back to the space center at which point the entire game freaks out.

Also I have a question regarding the packet size / transmit / etc. - All the stock parts have these things tweaked for the type of dish and such. Remotetech returns them all to a basic number. Does RemoteTech do this for a specific reason? Is it automatically calculating the durations and power drains based on distance, or can I tweak them as I see fit without causing major problems? I can't seem to find any concise documentation on what RemoteTech changes to science - if it changes anything.

I'm not sure if every antenna having the same data properties is a bug or not.

Did you add the patch also on first page for the bug and there some still not fixed,And with RT you can't transmit with out a connection for the most part.

Here's the situation. I have a probe in Eve orbit, which has two deployable mini probes. I've got a perfect connection down to Kerbin, and a large area covered by omnidirectional antennae. When I deploy a mini probe with its antenna turned on, it still can't connect to the craft, even though it should be possible in theory. When I switch to the mini probe from the probe, it shows a split moment of linkup, then it disconnects. Is this some kind of bug, or am I doing it wrong?

Here's the situation. I have a probe in Eve orbit, which has two deployable mini probes. I've got a perfect connection down to Kerbin, and a large area covered by omnidirectional antennae. When I deploy a mini probe with its antenna turned on, it still can't connect to the craft, even though it should be possible in theory. When I switch to the mini probe from the probe, it shows a split moment of linkup, then it disconnects. Is this some kind of bug, or am I doing it wrong?

Your main probe is receiving a connection from a Kerbin satellite which is set to target the active vessel. When you switch to your mini probe that becomes the active vessel and the kerbin satellite aims at that instead. Since your mini satellite doesn't have a long range dish, the connection drops off. You need to set up a satellite to specifically point at your main probe.

That sounds like the Kerbin-end comsat in the chain is set to target "Active Vessel" rather than "Eve", so as soon as you switch the long-range one loses connection.

That one bit me as well - building a Mun comsat cluster and wondering why I couldn't link up to the newly-dropped comsat to put it into the proper orbit.

- I've now come around completely to Cilph's idea of removing Active Vessel as an option, replacing it with "Groups". It really does seem this is more confusing than it's worth.

[Edit] Ninja'd

If that's the case that's why active vessel is bad alot of people don't get how it work's or to use it.

EDIT Yes, I think Group targeting will work better for more people and it would let us make smaller Sat.

EDIT but the cone would have to change around, I don't see why people use it to go outside kerbin really.

Edited by Mecripp2

If active vessel had a cone effect a lot of its confusion would go away I think

Discussion about active vessel is redundant since Cilph said he's going to remove it, but it would make sense if it would target the active vessel including alternate paths to it. So if the active vessel has no dish, search for the closest vessel close to it that does and use that as a relay.

Your main probe is receiving a connection from a Kerbin satellite which is set to target the active vessel. When you switch to your mini probe that becomes the active vessel and the kerbin satellite aims at that instead. Since your mini satellite doesn't have a long range dish, the connection drops off. You need to set up a satellite to specifically point at your main probe.

I triple-checked, both of my long-range satellites were in view and pointed at the main probe. I'm guessing it's a bug or mod interference. It's irrelevant now because I've de-orbited it, and my long-range satellites were destroyed due to an interference with a parallel reality (duplication bug)

Ok weird bug.... I've been getting the vessel dupication/missing space center bug on and off (Seems to be triggered by high speed ground impacts with Interstellar mod, AGM may have a part to play too) but today I managed to get it across two save files.

I crashed a Impactor probe into the Mun (for science! See interstellar) and the game started stuttering, but i quit out to the space center scene to find the bug had struck. I quit to the main menu to investigate further, as I've never checked how far this bug spreads. Upon reloading the save the bug first appeared in (without reloading the game) the bug was still present and my active flights went up by one. Went back to the main menu, reloaded the database and flashed up the save again - same result. So I tried loading a different save to see if that would work but no.

At this point I gave up and restarted the game.

When I went back to my second save (the one the bug DID NOT first occur in) to delete the duplicate via the tracking station, I found it had copied one of the ships from the first save. This ship is not saved in either save or the main ships folder, so it has to of been stuck in RAM somehow. Sorry if this is old news, but this is a side of this bug I have not witnessed or heard discussed.

I will 100% make sure all of these critical bugs are gone with the 0.24 release.

I never doubted that. :)

I am just that addicted to this particular element of realism, that I would wish for .24 earlier, yet I dread its release as I am always feeling compelled to start over.

(Yes, I know, I do not have to ... LEAVE ME TO MY PLAYSTYLE!! :D:D:D)

Well, as my communications array is in place and I am not planning many unmanned missions ... lets pull the dll ... unless you wish for as much error logs as possible?

Hey gents, wondering if i'm just being awkward here but is there anyway to see the delay without actually having it turned on? I find it too enfuriating to cope with but I really do enjoy seeing the number so i can optimise my relay network. Being able to see the data transmission range as the crow flys as well as over your relay would also be awesome if anyone knows how to access that data without manual number crunching.

Hey guys, I'm having a major problem. I've just started setting up a RemoteTech network for sending probes out into the universe instead of just manned pods, and I'm not entirely sure if I've set it up properly, because it's a little broken!

The first thing I did was send up 3 Keostationary satellites, two have a view of mission control and the third one doesn't. They each have two directional antennas with 50Mm range. I set one dish to point at "mission control" and the other to point at "active vessel". Are these the correct two options to make sure they can relay a signal from any vessel? Because the third satellite, the one with no direct view of mission control, won't relay it's signal through one of the other satellites unless I specifically tell it to point one of it's dishes at one of the other two satellites.

Shouldn't pointing it at "mission control" be enough for it to figure out to route the signal through one of the other satellites? After all, they both have a dish pointed at "active vessel" as well as a second pointed at mission control... at the moment I have to specifically select one of the other satellites as the target for RemoteTech to connect to mission control. Is this just how the mod works, or have I set up my dishes wrong?