Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

heres what i mean. u know how on stock nonrt when u righ click on antanna all u have is a recive button? from what i can tell antanna and dishes that keep that after rt2 is added to them tend to close themself once u switch ship. its not every one of them thou. it also happens where if u hit transmit data and a antana or dish auto deployes like stock then it wont stay open when u switch ships at times.

safest thing to do is dont just hit send when u get reprorts make sure dish is already open and that stoped it for some types of dishes and antanas for me

thanks sidfu. No .. I am having issues only on occasion with the ESC radio that one seems to tank every blue moon and leave me with space junk .. I have started putting 2 radios on not sure if it would make a difference but *shrugs* at least its a shot.

btw I'm not doing any radio tweaks because really I like how things are. I don't use the stock radios because of the very issue some others are talking about with them auto opening and closing. That always seemed sort of flaky to me.

can i remote control a probe with a manned ship equipped with an antenna?

or is it a must for the probe to have a connection routed to mission control?

--------------------

like...

i am in another planet with a manned ship without radio link to mission control and i have a probe in my proximity,

can i establish a link between the antenna on the ship and the one on the probe to make the probe functional? (i dont mean sending reports back, i mean... if i can drive the probe)

Edited by lammatt

can i remote control a probe with a manned ship equipped with an antenna?

or is it a must for the probe to have a connection routed to mission control?

--------------------

like...

i am in another planet with a manned ship without radio link to mission control and i have a probe in my proximity,

can i establish a link between the antenna on the ship and the one on the probe to make the probe functional? (i dont mean sending reports back, i mean... if i can drive the probe)

Only if there are 6 kerbals on the ship and you have the probe command core on it.

What are you talking about. Once you send a command and the command reaches the flight computer, it's all local from there on out.

That's what I thought it would be like, but I was trying to set up a maneuver for a mun orbital probe (RSS) and when the sent commands activated, they were just as sluggish as if i remotely controlled it by hand. I dont know if it's just supposed to be so sluggish, if i did something wrong, or if i installed it wrong.

I don't want to disable signal delay altogether as i find it very realistic to having to deal with it, but not to the point of making unmanned probes uncontrollable.

I'll keep trying and see how it goes. But i hope there is something wrong in what i'm doing, so that it can be fixed. ;)

If your vessel has a lack of control authority the flight computer will freak out. It's a simple non-tuned proportional controller taken directly from kOS, which in turn adapted it from MechJeb.

It generally gets you pointing in the right direction, but it might overshoot or be twitchy if you have too low or too high control authority.

I actually tried using the new stock ASAS routine for aiming a craft - it was way worse. It's good at keeping you on target, not so much at flipping you 90 degrees.

This usually seems to happen if you tab out of the game while it is still loading at launch.

Give it another go and instead of surfing the web while KSP loads, do some crunchs (<- which I always forget I wanted to do ... :P )

Guys, I've a problem. I couldn't see text, and after uninstalling all mods and reinstalling them one by one on a fresh install I discovered that RemoteTech 2 was the problem.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/72993-Missing-text?p=1030008#post1030008

Could you help me?

[EXC 23:52:16.655] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'EditorLogic.Unlock'.

Are you running an old version of KSP? Seems you are. Please get me KSP_Data/output_log.txt and not the one you're using.

This usually seems to happen if you tab out of the game while it is still loading at launch.

Give it another go and instead of surfing the web while KSP loads, do some crunchs (<- which I always forget I wanted to do ... :P )

I don't remember I did, I would never do a such thing :blush:

[EXC 23:52:16.655] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'EditorLogic.Unlock'.

Are you running an old version of KSP? Seems you are. Please get me KSP_Data/output_log.txt and not the one you're using.

Everywhere it says I'm running on 0.23

My output_log: https://www./?wd19eugcbdr7xpk

I wish Remote Tech can implement a new feature:

Space Weather!

Such as: Coronal Mass Ejection...

Which turns all of the device inoperable or even damage them, and can only be used again when repaired...

And yeah, the Space Weather can be detected and you can do some thing to your probe to prevent or minimize damage =D

and etc =3

I wish Remote Tech can implement a new feature:

Space Weather!

Such as: Coronal Mass Ejection...

Which turns all of the device inoperable or even damage them, and can only be used again when repaired...

And yeah, the Space Weather can be detected and you can do some thing to your probe to prevent or minimize damage =D

and etc =3

1. Wrong place, open a feature request issue for that.

2. I'm busy enough as is.

3. Way beyond the scope of RT itself.

I don't remember I did, I would never do a such thing :blush:

Everywhere it says I'm running on 0.23

My output_log: https://www./?wd19eugcbdr7xpk

kOS issue.

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'EditorLogic.Unlock'.
at kOS.TermWindow.Close () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at kOS.TermWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

kOS issue.

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'EditorLogic.Unlock'.
at kOS.TermWindow.Close () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at kOS.TermWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

You... you are a wizard! Wow!

Quick question: do the dishes only connect with another dish from the same model, or am I facing some sort of bug?

Nope, just make sure both dishes have the necessary range to connect to their selected target

And make sure they are targeting each other - most errors are made when dealing with the "active vessel" setting, it takes a moment of thought to make sure it will work in the field as you intended to at home. :wink:

Another possible error might stem from using antennas/dishes from mods not covered by RT2 - might need some .cfg editing via ModuleManager then.

Nope, just make sure both dishes have the necessary range to connect to their selected target
And make sure they are targeting each other - most errors are made when dealing with the "active vessel" setting, it takes a moment of thought to make sure it will work in the field as you intended to at home. :wink:

Another possible error might stem from using antennas/dishes from mods not covered by RT2 - might need some .cfg editing via ModuleManager then.

Nope, I don't think these are the problems. I'm only using the RT2 antennae, and the one that can't connect is actually the one with the longest range (while still in the range of the less powerful one). I've noticed that sometimes you have to exit to the KSC scene and back to the vessel to get it to work, but on some cases the dishes simply refuse to connect.

Sorry, but how do I make a feature request post?

In Add-on Requests and Support? (I think)

Any specific format?

And never mind, good luck with it.

Edited by 8749236
More..

Help! I set up a satellite network on the mun to go with my kerbin network, but it wont connect to other connected satellites at kerbin! It only connects directly to mission control. What do I do? (see this video to see what i mean :

) not an advert for my channel just i need help to save the series :P