Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

My Eve lander won't connect to the satellite I left in orbit above it. The Satellite has a Communotron 32 and 2 Communotron 88-88 dishes, one pointed at Kerbin, and one pointed at the lander, and the lander has a Communotron 32. Even when the satellite is only 100km overhead, it has no connection to Kerbin, but the satellite has no problem connecting to Kerbin.

I think it is actually greater than 6, or >6. Because I have had 6 Kerbals on a ship and it made no difference. But as soon as I added a 7th it worked like a charm.

Yes, they can be in a hitch hiker pod.

The reason for needing an extra is you still need someone monitoring the station systems.

is there anyplace we can 'adjust' the 6+, ok 7, down to a smaller number...? is this in a config or is it hard coded somewhere....???

None that I know of, but I haven't dug into the configs that much

It's six and a large probe core. (Inline)

Telltale sign that it is indeed working is that you can go to map mode and see the red dot on that new ship.

Can't wait till I finish my big station and get that little red dot on it.

But how does RemoteTech find and read the data in that config? Does it scan the entire gamedata folder?

Yes but a different mod -ModuleManager- does this. You already have MoudleManager running. You installed it with RT since RT depends on it for its own configs.

Edited by Vrana

My Eve lander won't connect to the satellite I left in orbit above it. The Satellite has a Communotron 32 and 2 Communotron 88-88 dishes, one pointed at Kerbin, and one pointed at the lander, and the lander has a Communotron 32. Even when the satellite is only 100km overhead, it has no connection to Kerbin, but the satellite has no problem connecting to Kerbin.

Ok Quick Troubleshooting

Satellite: Does it have enough power to run everything ? Is everything activated (2x 88-88 + Communotron 32) ?

Lander: Same questions at Satellite + Is the antenna saying it's active on a right-click?

I'm having a problem. I have a ship that acts as a relay and deploys a probe. The ship has a signal link to Kerbin and a Reflectron DP-10 on it. The Reflectron is active. The ship has power.

It deployed a probe which has a Reflectron DP-10 on it. The Reflectron is active. The ship has power.

They are 1.4km from each other and the probe cannot receive a signal.

http://i.imgur.com/9VNqIkw.png

http://i.imgur.com/rmsWfKO.jpg

So what's going on here? I can only imagine the Reflectron DP-10 just doesn't offer this kind of functionality, but I think I would have heard of that.

Ok Quick Troubleshooting

Satellite: Does it have enough power to run everything ? Is everything activated (2x 88-88 + Communotron 32) ?

Lander: Same questions at Satellite + Is the antenna saying it's active on a right-click?

Yeah the satellite has 2 gigantor xl solar arrays, the dishes and omnis are active (says so on the label), open, and fully powered. The omni is also open, active, and fully powered on the lander, which is powered by 4 of the smaller 2x3 panels

I've also tried toggling and repointing all antenna at the intended targets

I'm having a problem. I have a ship that acts as a relay and deploys a probe. The ship has a signal link to Kerbin and a Reflectron DP-10 on it. The Reflectron is active. The ship has power.

It deployed a probe which has a Reflectron DP-10 on it. The Reflectron is active. The ship has power.

So what's going on here? I can only imagine the Reflectron DP-10 just doesn't offer this kind of functionality, but I think I would have heard of that.

This is the exact same problem I'm having except I'm using the more powerful Communotron 32. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that we deployed the satellite from the same vessel as the lander. Maybe stemming from the code that prevents a vessel from connecting to itself?

Edited by ExEvolution

I got that often on separating ships, load another ship that's off grid and come back, it should work.

Doesn't fix it, tried this about 20 times as well as completely exiting the game

In fact, the only thing that allowed me to get a connection was editing the config to boost the range multiplier by 10000, but then the omni just directly connected to kerbin instead of relaying off the satellite first like it was supposed to

Does the ship have a connection to Kerbin via "active vessel" targeting, or is the satellite at Kerbin targeting the relay ship? Because when you switch from the ship to the probe, the active vessel wont be the relay ship anymore, so if it doesn't have a dedicated connection it's not going to be in a condition to relay the signal to the probe.

What is the range on the Mission Control antennas?

7.5E+07

Or:

Mission Control at the Kerbal Space Center delivers a vast omnidirectional antenna that will reach your vessels up to and slightly beyond Minmus.
Edited by Sacred Aardvark
moar stuff

Delay is already a thing. It can be disabled by changing EnableSignalDelay = True to False in RemoteTech_Settings.cfg

I can't seem to find that file. I've tried looking in KSP_win/GameDate/RemoteTech2 and all subfolders. I even re-downloaded the mod (v 1.2.7, for the record), checked all those folders. Is there another file I should look at to disable signal delay?

You would need a mothership with at least six Kerbals on board and the big round probe core disc - this can act as a second command center

Are there any ways around this? I'm thinking three kerbals would be enough - two controlling the mother ship, one controls some other vessel. Can this number be changed somehow?

I can't seem to find that file. I've tried looking in KSP_win/GameDate/RemoteTech2 and all subfolders. I even re-downloaded the mod (v 1.2.7, for the record), checked all those folders. Is there another file I should look at to disable signal delay?

Make a txt file and change the name to "RemoteTech_Settings.cfg" (without quotes of course).

Open it in a basic text editor, not Word or anything fancy, and put this in it:

MissionControlRange = 7.5E+07

MissionControlPosition = -0.1313315,-74.59484,75

MissionControlGuid = 5105f5a9d62841c6ad4b21154e8fc488

ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2

MissionControlBody = 1

ConsumptionMultiplier = 1

RangeMultiplier = 1

SpeedOfLight = 3E+08

MapFilter = Omni, Dish, Path

EnableSignalDelay = False

RangeModelType = Standard

NathanKell_MultipleAntennaSupport = False

ThrottleTimeWarp = True

I've downloaded it from the link in this page and putted the "RemoteTech2" folder into KSP's gamedata (ignorating the other file that came in the unzipped folder)

Did I right? It works in sandbox but not in career mode.

Any idea?

Thank you

The config file is generated automatically when you boot the plugin. If not, force it by making changes to the map filter via the buttons.

Anyhow, my job hunt has now evolved into an apartment hunt. Expect the next update to be around the time 0.23 comes out, since I'll have to fix the science system then anyway.