Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Just don't install MM? You will miss the stock antennas though

Also what's wrong with Module Manager?

Since the mod does not add any of its own command pods there is no way to use it without module manager. Otherwise the squad pods would operate as normal and dish/antenna added by the mod would connect, but do nothing.

I just don't like using something that is going to alter the core parts.

Do you want MORE parts to shove onto your vehicles? Parts that could be integrated into existing parts? Do you have enough RAM for that?

Has anyone posted problem with spawning satellites? I launched 2 simple probes (stayputnik + basic omni + basic dish), all stock parts. MJ was used on piloted launch craft, no stuff like MJ on probes. Then I started Mun mission and during that saw that there is bunch of no. 1 satellites instead of one. In mission control I saw this:

d0cd.png

After switching to one of sats I found out that whole bunch spawned and the same point and some got immediately broken (tough some survived):

gvjj.png

Back in mission control:

fkv6.png

So I have 2 questions:

1. What the Jeb was that?!

2. Is this thing fixable or it's better to wait till stable release in order not to waste time lauching self-replicating AI stuff in space?

So I have 2 questions:

1. What the Jeb was that?!

2. Is this thing fixable or it's better to wait till stable release in order not to waste time lauching self-replicating AI stuff in space?

Not a clue why this happens. However a temporary fix is just to delete the duplicates in the tracking station, and be careful when you are switching to craft.

Not a clue why this happens. However a temporary fix is just to delete the duplicates in the tracking station, and be careful when you are switching to craft.

What other mods you running?

I had this dupe issue in my games a few days after Christmas, but haven't had it in the last week or so.

Updated:

Ferram, which had a new module manager.

Simple part organzier

texture compressor

kerbal joint reinforcement

protractor

rcs build aid

Firespitter

Don't think i added or changed anything else, but no more dupes and playing the same way.

Edited by Peppe

Two or three parts, a core in each size, will not crash a system.

If you're only putting up one satellite, sure. How about 3-6+ per solar body? Every one of them would need the extra parts you want.

What other mods you running?

I had this dupe issue in my games a few days after Christmas, but haven't had it in the last week or so.

Updated:

Ferram, which had a new module manager.

Simple part organzier

texture compressor

kerbal joint reinforcement

protractor

rcs build aid

Firespitter

Don't think i added or changed anything else, but no more dupes and playing the same way.

It's likely to dupe your first or second time booting up KSP regardless of mods. I use a much different mod set than you. I think firespitter.dll would be the only common ground. It's RT2.

I've had this dupe issue multiple times. I ran a clean install with nothing but RT2 and it still happened there.

It has to be something with RT2, or some issue in vKSP that RT2 triggers.

It always happens when switching spacecraft from the in-flight map (not from '[' or ']' though). I like to deploy my sats/sat upgrades from a manned ship with two or three attached, so there's a fair bit of switching going on. If I'm not doing things like that, it seems to take forever for it to show up.

It makes me quite sad as RT2 is on my short list of must-have mods that should probably end up (possibly in a slightly simplified form though) in vanilla.

u can always take RT out of the stock parts and add RT core to anything u want but then stock parts would just be for looks pretty much

What I want is a set of RT cores without losing my stock ones. Sometimes I don't want to use RT but don't want to remove it.

What I want is a set of RT cores without losing my stock ones. Sometimes I don't want to use RT but don't want to remove it.

Dupe the stock cfgs, give them a unique filename and a unique part name. Then paste in the RT changes from the MM file.

Remember one other change i made in the last week where i have not had dupe issue or blank screen when switching ships/views to KSC/space center. I removed the RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg as I made my own config to load remote tech on all command pods/probe cores (wildcard to get B9 pods/cores).

Put back the orginal config and got the dupe bug and screen bug on my first go.

Going to try original RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg and remove my custom module config file.

It always happens when switching spacecraft from the in-flight map (not from '[' or ']' though). I like to deploy my sats/sat upgrades from a manned ship with two or three attached, so there's a fair bit of switching going on. If I'm not doing things like that, it seems to take forever for it to show up.

Has anyone experienced this issue without doing doing a deployment like this?

I'm not the plugin author (nor have I poked at the source), but I practically have a 100% "breaks games until next reload" test case of build comsat as subassembly, build multi-satellite carrier craft, attach comsats in symmetry, deploy 1-2 satellites successfully, crash somewhere around the third or fourth deployment when changing ships. The one common link I can think of is that the satellites all have the same origin vessel and have been renamed. (In fact, one crash was while cycling between them to change them from "Kerbin Comsat Launcher Probe" to "Kerbin Comsat E1" etc.

The crash only seems to be on scene change, so cycling with '[' and ']' doesn't trigger it (nor switching from the map if the target is in physics range)

The one common link I can think of is that the satellites all have the same origin vessel and have been renamed. (In fact, one crash was while cycling between them to change them from "Kerbin Comsat Launcher Probe" to "Kerbin Comsat E1" etc.

FYI - that's exactly what I do; same origin vessel, rename, and change.

There is working last version RemoteTech2 for 0.23. It's development version before implementing the "active vessel focus explorer". It doesn't duplicate vessels after undocking/spliting in two crafts, with two antennas, and does not bugout space center with texture clouds/blue screen.

Link was some time ago here but it was taken down - got it from Steam forum myself:

http://epsilonzero.nl/downloads/RemoteTech2_2013.12.18.21.39.zip

I tried both forks wrom GitHub, every configuration possible, and after testing it's just obvious that game crashes (and duplicates vessel) after unloading one craft (typically after reaching 2.5km distance limit). If both crafts got SPU - game crashes.

Version above seem to work flawlessy, and it's compatible with all* other mods (everything that Scott Manley have in IS series at least).

For me it looks like the ability to change active focus on map screen borked plugin. At least there is version that works before this glorious mod is back on the track.

Edited by koksny
Grammar fix

Peppe might be on to the problem people are having might have to edit the files to the author can fix it as he is away right now. or dewin might be right lol

They both might be right. Dewin might have determined at least one circumstance under which this bug occurs, and Peppe might have found a way to prevent the the bug from occurring.

Has anyone experienced this issue without doing doing a deployment like this?

I'm not the plugin author (nor have I poked at the source), but I practically have a 100% "breaks games until next reload" test case of build comsat as subassembly, build multi-satellite carrier craft, attach comsats in symmetry, deploy 1-2 satellites successfully, crash somewhere around the third or fourth deployment when changing ships. The one common link I can think of is that the satellites all have the same origin vessel and have been renamed. (In fact, one crash was while cycling between them to change them from "Kerbin Comsat Launcher Probe" to "Kerbin Comsat E1" etc.

The crash only seems to be on scene change, so cycling with '[' and ']' doesn't trigger it (nor switching from the map if the target is in physics range)

I test case would be great. Is it consistent if you start from the craft in orbit from a save/quickload type scenario, so it cannot revert to before launch? Or does it have to be from launch -> orbit/deployment

Still not sure if my custom module configs have anything to do with it, but if you want to try:

Add this to gamedata, anywhere should work, http://www./download/c3z4p6jy596gosi/CustomModules.cfg

Delete or move out of ksp folder GameData\RemoteTech2\RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg

Edit. Just tried the test case from my quicksave with a similar craft in orbit using docking ports. Disconnected probe 1, renamed it while in close range, moved main ship - renamed #2 while in close range, tried to jump to a ship from the map view and crashed display.

Think i found a place to look for the error. Hit Alt + F2 and watched for something fishy.

Decoupled -- changed to probe -- renamed it -- changed it's orbit a little and warped to get the main ship out of physics range and got the first one of these at that instant:

[Exception]: ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

Now it is repeating a bunch and menues are jacked.

Edited by Peppe

There is working last version RemoteTech2 for 0.23. It's development version before implementing the "active vessel focus explorer". It doesn't duplicate vessels after undocking/spliting in two crafts, with two antennas, and does not bugout space center with texture clouds/blue screen.

Link was some time ago here but it was taken down - got it from Steam forum myself:

http://epsilonzero.nl/downloads/RemoteTech2_2013.12.18.21.39.zip

I tried both forks wrom GitHub, every configuration possible, and after testing it's just obvious that game crashes (and duplicates vessel) after unloading one craft (typically after reaching 2.5km distance limit). If both crafts got SPU - game crashes.

Version above seem to work flawlessy, and it's compatible with all* other mods (everything that Scott Manley have in IS series at least).

For me it looks like the ability to change active focus on map screen borked plugin. At least there is version that works before this glorious mod is back on the track.

Tried this version. Did not get any errors exiting physics range after dropping a sat, so this version might be worth a shot.

Most likely you aren't connecting your dishes in both directions, make sure they're active and pointing at each other.

That is just my problem. I can't get an active connection unless I am at the launchpad on Kerbin. I can sync up antennas and have them working without any issues until I get the probes into the mission. They have plenty of electricity running through them; they just tend to shut down the comm link with mission control.

Consistently duplicates my probes, causing them to explode instantly. Additionally, breaks the Space Center becomes almost unusable. What's up with this?

Tried this version. Did not get any errors exiting physics range after dropping a sat, so this version might be worth a shot.

Did not solve my problem. Stops the Space Center from breaking, stops the antenna connections on the map view from breaking, but my probes are still spawning inside each other.

Edited by TomatoSoup

FYI - that's exactly what I do; same origin vessel, rename, and change.
Consistently duplicates my probes, causing them to explode instantly. Additionally, breaks the Space Center becomes almost unusable. What's up with this?

Did not solve my problem. Stops the Space Center from breaking, stops the antenna connections on the map view from breaking, but my probes are still spawning inside each other.

To TomatoSoup have u tryed rename ? miss Quote it was by dewin on page 202

Edited by Mecripp2