Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Hehe, just trying to help you guys out :)

Seems to be bugging out somehow.

Decided to do a test run and drop a trio of basic sats just to try things out. The result:

Rl6HFoh.png

Basic seedpod setup; first one launched had the same issue, and the third did as well on my next orbit (Wanted to see what would happen while in comm range of KSC).

1GYQZJs.png

fIKr9gc.png

Upon decoupling, the satellite falls straight down towards Kerbin. I can switch to the probe using keybinds, but switching to the map mode while on the probe would cause it to bug out (Couldn't switch out of map mode via the keybind). The falling *may* have stopped at the time of switching, but I can't confirm that yet.

J1pIkIV.png

Map view showing the distance to the mothership. No change in velocity was done on my end.

EyxYYFB.png

Space center view after dropping two of the satellites. Oddly enough, I can switch to the probes from this view and not have everything bug out.

Seem to be some lingering issues, though. If I switch to a probe using the space center, everything works as it should, but if I change selection via the map, the camera bugs out a bit. Upon switching via the map, I get this view:

zP6mIt3.png

And am able to swivel the camera inside Kerbin's atmosphere and get some noise. Switching to the map and back fixes the issue.

Not sure if these bugs are entirely in the RT build or something else, but figured I'd let you know as I dig into things.

...Disregard that disregard. Just did two more tests: One without RT2 and one with, along with a now properly installed FAR. Everything proceeded normally without RT2 installed and bugs pretty much identical to my first set were encountered with it and FAR.

And sorry about the spam; can't edit queued posts.

...Disregard that disregard. Just did two more tests: One without RT2 and one with, along with a now properly installed FAR. Everything proceeded normally without RT2 installed and bugs pretty much identical to my first set were encountered with it and FAR.

And sorry about the spam; can't edit queued posts.

Noticed that myself.. There is a lingering issue burried somewhere in the code... But that'll have to wait, cause I'm dead tired and need some sleep :P

Try to get the errorlog of the moment the bug happens (Located in KSP_data/output_log.txt)

Cya in about 7-8 hours :P

Noticed that myself.. There is a lingering issue burried somewhere in the code... But that'll have to wait, cause I'm dead tired and need some sleep :P

Try to get the errorlog of the moment the bug happens (Located in KSP_data/output_log.txt)

Cya in about 7-8 hours :P

This looks like it's exactly what you're looking for. The first couple lines are me double checking via the map that I have a connection (No real reason; just wanted to check) before decoupling the satellite.

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Camera Mode: AUTO

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

RemoteTech: SatelliteManager: OnVesselCreate(00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, )

RemoteTech: SatelliteManager: Unregister(ModuleSPUPassive(, 3d9bff3a-cbec-4f5c-a311-647faa33376c))

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RemoteTech.SatelliteManager.Register (.Vessel vessel, ISignalProcessor spu) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.ModuleSPUPassive.OnVesselModified (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.Initialize (Boolean fromShipAssembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.decouple (Single breakForce) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleDecouple.OnDecouple () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleDecouple.Decouple () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.ModuleSPU.<HookPartMenus>b__0 (.BaseEvent e, Boolean ignore_delay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.UIPartActionMenuPatcher+Wrapper.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Game Paused!

There is a cfg somewhere inside the RemoteTech folder, which has the variable time delay. Change it to false to disable the time delay

greetings,

Themorris

I knew that but I'm not finding it in the4 cfg's I'm seeing,or more to the point I don't see the remote tech settings cfg

I knew that but I'm not finding it in the4 cfg's I'm seeing,or more to the point I don't see the remote tech settings cfg

As far as I know the settings cfg creates itself the first time you run the game with the plugin lodaded, if you already did... I can't help.

As far as I know the settings cfg creates itself the first time you run the game with the plugin lodaded, if you already did... I can't help.

it did not create one on the fresh .23 but it seems to accept the settings file of a .22

I know it's always a taboo question to ask wehn things will be released but are there any progress reports on this? Put my game on hold for the time being :D

Cilph posted:

Working on 0.23. Had to fix a few tiny things before it would even compile. Seems part action menus got an overhaul.

about 8 hours ago.

I know it's always a taboo question to ask wehn things will be released but are there any progress reports on this? Put my game on hold for the time being :D

It would be awesome if when people asked questions like this...there was a way for the mod dev to ensure they would have to wait 24hrs after the fix/patch/update were released. ;):P

It would be awesome if when people asked questions like this...there was a way for the mod dev to ensure they would have to wait 24hrs after the fix/patch/update were released. ;):P

I understand the "humor" in this, but the guy has a point. Understanding that the mod maker is doing this because they can and find it fun, acting like a pushy teenage boy around a pretty girl isn't the way to go. However a simple word from the author saying that; his working on it.. or not, would be nice, given exactly what I wrote earlier; his doing it because he wants to. It has happened often that the mod maker suddenly does NOT find it fun anymore, and an update that many might be looking forward to, isn't actually coming.

Personally I'm not playiing until the update, considering how absolutely nerdgasmic and completely essential this mod is, but that is completely irrelevant. Did I mention its a great mod?

I understand the "humor" in this, but the guy has a point. Understanding that the mod maker is doing this because they can and find it fun, acting like a pushy teenage boy around a pretty girl isn't the way to go. However a simple word from the author saying that; his working on it.. or not, would be nice, given exactly what I wrote earlier; his doing it because he wants to. It has happened often that the mod maker suddenly does NOT find it fun anymore, and an update that many might be looking forward to, isn't actually coming.

Personally I'm not playiing until the update, considering how absolutely nerdgasmic and completely essential this mod is, but that is completely irrelevant. Did I mention its a great mod?

I agree this is one of the best and most essential mods out right now. I believe only Kethane ties with it, and Kerbal attachment system comes in hot on their heels.