Multiple science in 1 mission only works 1?

I sent this lander to the Mün with 5 big science modules. Once landed, each science module gives me 100 science (the report said that).

So, I should have +500 science with me.

Once I return to Kerbin with all the modules and rescuing the vessel, I only get +136 science. How is this? I cant make the same experiment multiple times?

Edited by RawChicken

Each gives you 100 science, with diminishing returns for each experiment. I thought it was half each time but obviously it's less than that.

They reported 100 science because you hadn't returned that experiment yet. The experiment has no way to know that you *will* return the others, so it can only report what you'd get if you returned only it.

That is what I thought, thank you.

I saw people with 8 little science modules on 1 orbital flight so I thought you could count with as many as you can carry!

Kerbin has biomes, and i believe that you get new science points from readings above each biome. Not entirely sure about the science modules, but i know this is true for EVA reports.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.