Master of EVA. (Gilly version).

Challenge timeframe:-

Estimated: 30 minutes or less, depend on your skill.

Challenge Instruction:-

Create a new Sandbox game. Download and replace the new game with the following persistent file.

persistent.sfs download

Challenge guideline.

1) Go to Gilly.

2) Play [Kerbal Orbiter]. (Tips: Kerbal Orbiter is orbiting Gilly at altitude about 100km)

3) EVA a crew member.

4) Descend to Gilly surface using EVA Jet Pack.

5) Plan a flag.

6) Return to [Kerbal Orbiter] by using the EVA Jet Pack. (Tips: Wait until the right moment. Game time will not be judge for winning the challenge.)

Challenge Rules.

1) [Kerbal Orbiter] must not be switch to "play/move" at any time, except selecting a crew member for EVA. (Means, Change of [Kerbal Orbiter] angle or altitude are forbidden.)

2) Screenshot or video proof.

• a) Screenshot while, Planted a flag, *with [Kerbal Orbiter] showing how many km/meter away at the background (*if possible).
  • B)*A maneuver node encounter distance screenshot, showing 2km or less between you and the [Kerbal Orbiter]. (*if possible)
  • c) Screenshot showing you are grabbing the ladder of [Kerbal Orbiter] with [F:Board] on screen, and show your EVA Jet Pack remaining gas value. *And the planted flag as background. (*if possible)
  • d) Finally, enter the pod, and show the [resource tap] that you are not using any bit of fuel, mono-gas. *With the planted flag as background.(*if possible)

Winner rewards.

1) A logo showing (Your Forum ID) that you are capable of performing advance EVA.

2) Remaining EVA value will be shown at the logo.

3) Get a "Star" ✪ rewards for video recording. The movie should be complete (from the beginning to the end of the challenge) and without using quick save.

4) Elite EVA Master for >=90% gas left.

Leader board.

Most EVA value left.

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td]1) Aphobius 92.0%

Elite EVA Master![/td]

[td]ud0D8mG.png[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2) Johnno 91.4%

Elite EVA Master![/td]

[td]vzCT8Ui.png[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]3) kookoo_gr 37.1[/td]

[td]T8Nc23C.png[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]4) [/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

OP proof of do-able challenge.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Sirine

Video

Thank you for the challenges, they are nice.

EDIT: I had 85.9% left, in case the HD video loads too slow again.

Thank for your participation. Bravo. Your logo will be ready in a moment.

Btw, it did feel a lot difference from (Minmus version) right? I've F5/F9 a few times, before getting Jeb back to the orbiter. :)

Yes, the landing had to be totally different and the "launch" had to be more like a Hohmann transfer than a normal rendezvous. It was a good idea to put the craft so high, if it's orbit would have been lower, the challenge wouldn't have been too different.

I spent a fair bit of my evening on this challenge, having seen Aphobius' score (but never watched the video, wanted to figure it out myself) I suspected there would have to be some lithobraking for a good score. My first attempt my landing was a bit too careful and my orbit manouvers sloppy so didn't get as good a score, but a few tries later...

88.1%

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The landing was a pure deorbit and lithobraking deal, I mucked up ever so slightly by enabling my EVA pack again and Bob of course out of habit reoriented himself, so lost a bit of fuel, but after landing I quicksaved and then took a few tries for return to orbit.

Careful orbit manouvers with ever so slight EVA pack puffs without reorienting was the way to go. Had to constantly figure out which way to thrust before doing so, but that was half of the fun. Took a fair bit of time but very enjoyable.

This is a little annoying, I did it without quick save (I consider it a cheat). Quick saving after bouncing around for 20 minutes makes it considerably easier. But whatever, it's not against the rules, I'll do it again tomorrow.

Congratulation on kookoo_gr and Johnno for completing the mission. Your logo is ready.

Aphobius, you should grab the other logo too.

Below are my challenge thread, please try out.

1) Master of EVA. (Minmus version).

2) Fun little challenge. Yet, you learn something. (Mun edition).

3) Fun little challenge. Yet, you learn something. (Video Tutorial-added)

4) 33.1km Emergency Rescue on Jeb's Burger!

Quick save is removing all the required skill from this, I do 10, 20, 50 etc. maneuvers almost perfectly, all in a row and people that use quick save have to get only one maneuver at a time perfectly and after that they quick save and go to the next one and quick load 100 times until they get that one perfectly too, there is no skill required in that. Also this challenges doesn't require any knowledge either, since you can copy what other people do.

Too bad there are not not enough people trying it, we could have had separate categories, I don't feel that the star is "separate" enough, since quick savers can still get ahead of me on the leaderboard.

92%

I think the star thing was fine before, to get a star if you've uploaded a video (in which you are not using quick save) with you best score.

Yes, video recording makes the challenge 10x harder.

Any suggestion on improvement? How about change the color of the Kerbalnaunt for your favor color (for the logo)?

Only one star, as before, was fine. :) You can change it back to how it was, the only thing you could add could be that to get a star for the movie, the movie should be complete (from the beginning to the end of the challenge) and without using quick save.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.