Riddles

vexx32

Dingdingding! We have a winner!

Explanation to come later.

Actually that kind of makes sense. I assume that first part is about something like the Boston tea party. Tea is made in Asia (mostly) and shipped every where. Now the " from a gun" part I don't get, but I do know that the british have teat makeing things in there tanks.

You know what? No. I'm intervening. Vexx's riddles are too hard.

Here's a FUN riddle you all have the option to solve in case Vexx's riddle turns out to be really hard. (or you can just try to solve both at the same time, in which case, good luck sucker.)

You came from nowhere

To drift among the spheres

With your tail so bright

At this time of night

Hope that the light

Leaves you alright.

You know what? No. I'm intervening. Vexx's riddles are too hard.

How about you just follow the rules of the game if you want to play? The more difficult riddles are the more interesting ones, IMO. You could just start another game, "Easy-mode riddles where super decides who can post", or something.

Comet?

10char.

Edit: And I need to learn2pages.

But on difficulty, with mine I tried (and failed) to make a riddle that would test the solvers against each other. So not so easy that it's just a case of who posts first and not so hard that it takes super-obscure trivia or blind luck to get it.

Edited by cantab

Actually that kind of makes sense. I assume that first part is about something like the Boston tea party. Tea is made in Asia (mostly) and shipped every where. Now the " from a gun" part I don't get, but I do know that the british have teat makeing things in there tanks.

Oh oh I got the gun part now. East India trading company.

'Tis the tune of an ancient song;

The harbinger's call heralds harms,

Gathers rich, poor, right and wrong.

Menace be mustered with psalms

And shoes; let the sieges begin.

Every man has their day,

Every man has their flaws and sin,

But all today enter, and pray.

I need more practice, I think. It's getting better again. :P

Well, explanation on mine now I'm on something with a keyboard. Briansun mostly got it already.

In the ocean...Protests is the Boston Tea Party.

a lake...questions refers to this what-if: https://what-if.xkcd.com/79/

But in a tank: as mentioned, British tanks since the mid 20th century have featured a "boiling vessel" on board for making hot drinks and heating ration packs.

or from a gun refers to the myth that WWI maching gun crews would use the heated water from cooling the guns to make tea. (The myth is probably untrue, since the water would be tainted with oil so taste disgusting.)

The war I'll ensure will be won may be a slight exaggeration, but tea was and is pretty important for us Brits.

In far-flung countries I am grown,

Shipped round the world for you to own is pretty self-explanatory, albeit a Euro/USAcentric viewpoint.

The call of Death? / Judgement Day?

EDIT: Or... ah... the "just before a battle" feeling.

*awkward neck-rubbing*

I have not the slightest idea if that conveyed any meaning.

I know your meaning, but that's not it. :D

Thanks for the explanation, cantab. :)

I had most of that, but yeah I wasn't aware of the East India Trading Company for the most part. Also, that myth about the guns is... really weird. Sounds like the kind of myth that someone tells just because someone caught them attempting to make a cup of tea like that and failing, so they pretended it worked. :P

'Tis the tune of an ancient song;

The harbinger's call heralds harms,

Gathers rich, poor, right and wrong.

Menace be mustered with psalms

And shoes; let the sieges begin.

Every man has their day,

Every man has their flaws and sin,

But all today enter, and pray.

I need more practice, I think. It's getting better again. :P

Easter? 10chars

You mentioned Ancient, harbinger, psalms, sin, and pray. I take it this has something to do with biblical times?
I guess so, but just because something is old doesn't mean it isn't still around. And old does not necessarily mean tied in with religion. The 'religious' terms here are used figuratively, and only once even remotely literally.
Seems like something to do with a court might fit. Maybe a judge's gavel?
Nope. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.