Riddles

vexx32

Nope, and I guess it's time for another clue, in the form of an extension to the riddle.

In the ocean or a lake,

Protests and questions are all I'll make,

But in a tank or from a gun,

The war I'll ensure will be won.

In far-flung countries I am grown,

Shipped round the world for you to own.

hmmm. Sulfur crossed my mind, but I doubt it. I was thinking excess sulfur in water is bad, and sulfur is a main ingredient in gunpowder, and most explosives. And there's chinese fireworks, shipped to other countries for people to set off. :P But I can't see the 5th line fitting sulfur either. Gah. That fifth line is refusing all my guesses!

Nope, and I guess it's time for another clue, in the form of an extension to the riddle.

In the ocean or a lake,

Protests and questions are all I'll make,

But in a tank or from a gun,

The war I'll ensure will be won.

In far-flung countries I am grown,

Shipped round the world for you to own.

Just reposting this. Still no more guesses for me, sticking with plastic (or bioplastic, on Vexx's continuation) or rubber.

EDIT: Also, as this is a riddle, "grown" does not necessarily mean "organic". It could mean "built" or "manufactured".

Just reposting this. Still no more guesses for me, sticking with plastic (or bioplastic, on Vexx's continuation) or rubber.

EDIT: Also, as this is a riddle, "grown" does not necessarily mean "organic". It could mean "built" or "manufactured".

Well, lead can be manufactured and he said the "grown" part didn't fit it so I assumed he really meant grown.

Could. I said could...

Hmm... "But in a tank or from a gun". Not IN a gun. Possible important word difference? Or just fancy wording?

People go in tanks... But they don't come from guns, and as far as I know, we don't own slaves anymore.

What comes out of a gun and is in a tank? It still seems like bullets. Or shells. But shells in a lake shouldn't raise protests, if they are just normal animal shells.

Argh, confusing riddles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.