Compact, yet huge folding satellite

cy-one

Heya :3

I'm just so very much excited about the amount of freedom some mods give you to express your creativity.

Currently - for me - that means having LOADS of fun with Infernal Robotics and RemoteTech.

I always liked the folding capability of real satellites and probes... And now I can do similar (or maybe: more! :D)

1jTdF.png

1jTdH.png

Love it! :3

Edited by cy-one

Oh shoot, I wanted to mark it as Mod Craft. Thanks for pointing that one out, -ty-

m(

That satellite is now used as ... I have no idea what the scientific correct word would be. It's in the same orbit as the mun and will be used as communication-satellite, providing the munar kethane base under it with an uplink to KSC.

It's not in the munar influence sphere.

screenshot33.png

screenshot37.png

(quite dark, sry)

Edited by cy-one

Mhm, next time you load, do it in windowed mode, so you can observe the task manager at the same time.

If you go too wild on mods, ksp.exe will run out of memory and crash.

ksp.exe is a 32bit-program, and so it can only use up to 4 gigs of RAM.

NICE!...I've been using the RemoteTech mod alot, and sending up lots of GPS-CommSats, and have had issues with stability while getting them launched, cuz of having to build them UP, instead of OUT....Guess I need to start using Infernal now. :)

By the way, cy-one, what mod are those smaller dishes from?..I dont recall seeing those?

NICE!...I've been using the RemoteTech mod alot, and sending up lots of GPS-CommSats, and have had issues with stability while getting them launched, cuz of having to build them UP, instead of OUT....Guess I need to start using Infernal now. :)

By the way, cy-one, what mod are those smaller dishes from?..I dont recall seeing those?

Those are Communotron 88-88s. Stock.

@Goldham

Honestly, I don't know :D

But as other things (like the munar base) will rely on it having power to be able to have a connection to KSC... Better safe than sorry. And those batteries don't weight so much anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.