Project Real Life: WIP

NASAFanboy

Should Future Spacecraft be in the VAB?  

1. 1. Should Future Spacecraft be in the VAB?

• Yes (Add the SLS, Orion, Chinese Station)
    • No

Hello, I have decided to begin work on Project Real Life.

Details below.

What is Project Realife?

Project Real Life is the attempt of myself and several other experienced KSP friends to create a persistance file that accurately contains ongoing space operations today, from a replica of the International Space Station in Low Kerbin Orbit, communication and LandSat satellites in Kerbin orbit, along with accurate representations of probes throughout the solar system.

Slight edits will be made though, in order to adjust to KSP scale (Cassini is exploring Jool/New Horizons is heading to Eeloo, the ISS orbits at 70KM, the Hueygens Probe is on Laythe, .etc.etc), and time warp will BE used in the fifty year timeframe, allowing us to use an actual flight time (For example, the ISS will be 12 years of flight, Hueygens will be out of battery, ,.etc).

Project Realife will attempt to use ENTIRELY stock, but will aim for SIMPLE mods-if needed. Should there be a mod, you will be informed of it.

Project Realife WILL contain the .craft files for replicas of craft still in operation today. Sorry, Apollo fans, but the Saturn V ain't on there. But on the other hand, things such as the Delta IV, the Atlas, the Proton, the Soyuz, and the Shengzou will be in the VAB, ready for you to use.

Will Project Realife Document ended Missions?

As long as the spacecraft still exists, we will. The Spirit rover will be on Duna, with a busted well and no battery, Venera will be on Eve with a broken shield and smashed panels, and such. They will be useless debris, sure, but adds to the feeling of danger and realism in the space program.

What Agencies Will You Document?

All agencies, from NASA's MAVEN to CNSA's Tiagong-1, will be featured in the "Real Life" persistance.

Will You Document Future Flights?

I am uncertain. Though I may add .craft files to the VAB such as the SLS and the Ares I and the Orion, I cannot say for certain. But flights that have yet to reach their destination will be shown, on their current trajectory-if possible. This means India's Mars Orbiter will be in it's transfer to Duna, and MAVEN will be sitting on the launchpad.

When will it be finished

Uncertain. Before the MAVEN launch, is preferred.

Will Project Real Life be Career or Sandbox?

Career is preferred, though it will likely be sandbox. I'll look to develop Sandbox first, then Career.

Edited by NASAFanboy

Sounds like a very interesting idea. I think I will keep my eye on this thread. Will you be using hyperedit to place any of these crafts? Doing so would make your life a lot easier.

I've downloaded hyper edit and mechjeb specially for this purpose. Don't worry, I'm going to entire the mechjeb modules are ejected before passing it off as completed.

The first beta version might come out around the MAVEN Launch. It will have the major space operations, but unfortunately, not have accurate flight time (i.e ISS before Voyager, and such).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.