This is probably a weird thing to wonder but...

rewdew2

the KSP forums is almost at a member count of 100,000 users.

So how often does one of us die?

and since the forums were created, has any of the more popular people (those with over 100 posts, or are well known to the forum) been confirmed as dead?

EDIT: I think this thread might get closed, now that i think about it..

I remember when a member of this one community I was in who was really nice and known by the administrator just left without any trace. I seriously thought that he was dead, until one year later he reappeared and said that his computer broke, then left. Really creepy thing really... I hope I can sleep tonight :(

On another forum I belong to a woman who was a long time poster started talking about her death sentence. She kept hinting at seeing doctors and making weird comments. She posted every day multiple times a day and then one day she didn't. No one knows what happen to her. Did she die or was it just a dramatic way to end her relationship with the forum? Nobody knows because nobody knows who she really was.

On another forum their was a guy who was part of my mod development team. I only knew him through the forum and didn't know how to contact him any other way. One day he stopped posting. Four or so months later he showed up and explained that he had had a heart attack and was in recovery for some time. It was only now he felt better enough to come back.

Unless people know you in ways other than the forum or have left instructions to a family member to let people know then there is really know way of knowing what happen to a person the stops posting.

the KSP forums is almost at a member count of 100,000 users.

So how often does one of us die?

Well as far as I know we can only die once.

and since the forums were created, has any of the more popular people (those with over 100 posts, or are well known to the forum) been confirmed as dead?

Only care about the "popular" crowd. How very cliquish of you.

EDIT: I think this thread might get closed, now that i think about it..

Why? What's wrong with talking about death in a natural way?

Every human has three things in common that cannot be changed.

1. We are born.

2. We live for a length of time.

3. We die.

It doesn't matter where you are from, how rich, how poor, how smart, how healthy or sick you are. You are born, you live and you die. End of story. The important thing is how you live as a moral person. The other two you just don't have a choice with. Well unless you decide on suicide. Something I personally don't agree with.

Well as far as I know we can only die once.

Only care about the "popular" crowd. How very cliquish of you.

Why? What's wrong with talking about death in a natural way?

Every human has three things in common that cannot be changed.

1. We are born.

2. We live for a length of time.

3. We die.

It doesn't matter where you are from, how rich, how poor, how smart, how healthy or sick you are. You are born, you live and you die. End of story. The important thing is how you live as a moral person. The other two you just don't have a choice with. Well unless you decide on suicide. Something I personally don't agree with.

Yes, until some Billionaire invents mind-uploading in 2050, making the wealthy immortal and causing a population disaster.

Yes, until some Billionaire invents mind-uploading in 2050, making the wealthy immortal and causing a population disaster.

Cool for you maybe but I'll be lucky to make 2025 maybe even 2020. Unless something is done in the next few years to prolong life I'll be long gone dust by then and remembered only by my children. That is if they manage to live that long. I expect they will because they will only be in their mid 60s by then.

Cool for you maybe but I'll be lucky to make 2025 maybe even 2020. Unless something is done in the next few years to prolong life I'll be long gone dust by then and remembered only by my children. That is if they manage to live that long. I expect they will because they will only be in their mid 60s by then.

you realize that 2020 is only 7 years away, right?

yup, but I'm and old guy not in the best of health.

Well, the average human lifespan for a well-to-do fellow in a first world country is around 90-100 (If you don't die from old age.).

Being a minor born in 2000, it would be reasonable for me to assume I would make it to around 2100 (If I don't upload my mind first and become some odd cyborg modelled after a younger version of me).

Trust me, you'll make it.

I can solve this quickly-

Alright, show of hands, how many of you died this past year?

I died, but I'm ok now.

On a more on-topic note, I played a small MMO game (~2500 regular players) for a number of years. I remember three or so of the players dying in that time, although I imagine there were others. The social nature of an MMO makes it more likely that you would hear about it, as opposed to a forum for a game.

I'd say statistically it's probably likely, but unless we actually hear about it, it's very hard to say.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.