F4 Khantom (US F4 Phantom replica)

Odo

Ha alright, just checking :wink: And really, this is a nice-looking plane. Really true to the F-4.

I'm really happy with it as of now. I keep making little modifications though.

Do you know of a KMP server we can get on and fly in formation/dogfight? :D

Edited by Odo

My current project, the Israeli Mirage III

mBJjrZo.png

Its a low altitude super sonic jet, but its not very agile. They are given to the most skilled pilots in Israel for their exceptional speed.

Edited by Odo

UPDATE: I've nerfed the F4 Khantom to be more realistic to the real plane. It is no longer capable of Mach 5, its fastest speed is Mach 2.2 (Like the real plane) It is also no longer able to get to space like it was previously. (This was done by simple removing a hidden air intake on the back of the cockpit. It was blocking the hatch so its a win win.)

I've also just taken it to the North Pole, it still has plenty of fuel to return, so Im sure circumnavigation of Kerbin is possible with this plane. rovRnJF.png

Can you still get me the old Mach 5 version (it was a huge selling point for me cause I needed a FAST plane i could use as a joint strike fighter) (also I really like the f4) so please odo?

Can you still get me the old Mach 5 version (it was a huge selling point for me cause I needed a FAST plane i could use as a joint strike fighter) (also I really like the f4) so please odo?

Ill just un-nerf it when I get home (watching neNew thor) so yeah ill pm you the file. word of warning though, it takes awhile to get to such speeds, so it might not be good for a strike fighter. (It gets that fast at roughly 30000 m)

I remember having a model of one of these I built when I was 11 or so, and it was my favourite model I'd build as a kid, too. Now that I'm able to "actually" fly one is a pretty cool feeling. As for the actual craft itself, it's a beauty.

Edited by Zek

Awesome job on the aesthetics, it looks really sleek and nice. :)

Thanks! :)

I remember having a model of one of these I built when I was 11 or so, and it was my favourite model I'd build as a kid, too. Now that I'm able to "actually" fly one is a pretty cool feeling. As for the actual craft itself, it's a beauty.

Glad you could relive your child hood :)

I've messaged you the mach 5 version :)

Amazing job. It not only looks great, it flies stable too, even with FAR. Only modifications I made were to clip the gear housings inside the fuselage and add weapon hardpoints.

THanks!

I tried clipping the gear housings inside of the fuselage and it gave for a very strange glitch. The aircraft would be unable to move AT ALL even with full engine throttle.

Weapon hardpoints? What would be the purpose if its stock?

Great job you've done, definitely when I finally try KMP I'll be flying this bad boy add some homemade Kerbal Stock Missiles and have some fun.

:) Thank you! I havent been able to fly this on KMP yet (Or use KMP at all for a matter of fact) but I have a bad feeling itd be really laggy if 2 pilots flew near eachother.

• 3 weeks later...
:) Thank you! I havent been able to fly this on KMP yet (Or use KMP at all for a matter of fact) but I have a bad feeling itd be really laggy if 2 pilots flew near eachother.

Optimization time? I wonder if you welded parts together with the weld mod as a craft in KSP if it would still work in KMP...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.