Kerbal Powers Buildings and Craft Guidelines

camulus777

This Thread is dedicated to the Kerbals Powers Board Game and is a list of all Craft and Structure Rules and Costs.

Units in Kerbal Powers have guidelines that must be followed to be used in the game. These guidelines are to reduce part lag during battles, the possibility of in game exploits, and make the game more fun.

• All designs must be created with stock parts, no mods please. The Color plugin is allowed as it has no physical effect on the gaming mechanics and looks cool.

• All designs must fall within the required part and weight limit with no exceptions.

• All designs must be submitted for aproval with 2 well lit screenshots and posted on this thread.

• All designs must have a craft file submitted personaly to either The Fleet Master or Camulus777 via PM. To do this create a MediaFire account and link said file in a PM. This is not so that we can steal your designs, but so that we can test their effectiveness against other models and reduce the possibility of part file editing exploits. (So if we can't recreate the same effects you manage to obtain every hit like shoving a .08 ton girder through an 80 impact tolerance part every time you shoot it at a target we will be more than a tad suspicious.) All designs will be protected and not distributed without the builders consent.

• No slipstream drives of any kind please.

Edited by camulus777

Structures

Structures must be functional and are designed to allow control of a Hex. They may be defensive with weapons and such but in order to have full control of a hex the structure must have the following.

1. 3 Pilot command pod.

2. A radar dish.

3. A communications tower.

4. Its own power generation. Solar is acceptable but.

5. Under 100 parts. Not including delivery system. If the command center is a boat then the limit is 200.

6. Be well lit at all times.

All structures must have reached their hex area legit via rocket, rover tug, floating barge, or jet propulsion. Only one hex my be obtained this way each day.

Screenshots of maneuver nodes or a small travel log are required. Post them all on the main thread. Here

Edited by camulus777
Updats and stuff

Terrestrial Vehicles

All vehicles must follow the basic guidelines set by this and other threads involved with Kerbal Powers. When you crate a new vehicle design be sure to send it to Camulus777 for evaluation and testing, all top secret designs will be kept as such and not used as leverage in the game or otherwise. If a craft file of a design is not sent to Camulus777 in a PM it may not be used in a battle. I promise your design will be safe with me and it is for the safety of your design i need to test it to make sure others are not cheating you.

All part counts and weight include weapons, probes and any other detachables that are a part of the crafts function. Craft modules are counted separately but each ground vehicle module is considered one craft.

[table=width: 700, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]Ground Vehicles[/td]

[td]Air Vehicles[/td]

[td]Naval Vehicles[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Light Ground Vehicle[/td]

[td]Light Air Vehicle[/td]

[td]Light Naval Vehicle[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Max Parts: 110[/td]

[td]Max Parts: 100[/td]

[td]Max Parts: 150[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Tons: 0-10[/td]

[td]Tons: 0-8[/td]

[td]Tons: 0-20[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Medium Ground Vehicle[/td]

[td]Medium Air Vehicle[/td]

[td]Medium Naval Vehicle[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Max Parts: 150[/td]

[td]Max Parts: 125[/td]

[td]Max Parts: 200[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Tons: 10.01-20[/td]

[td]Tons: 8.01-15[/td]

[td]Tons: 20.01-50[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Heavy Ground Vehicle[/td]

[td]Heavy Air Vehicle[/td]

[td]Heavy Naval Vehicle[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Max Parts: 225[/td]

[td]Max Parts: 175[/td]

[td]Max Parts: 300[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Tons: 20.01-50[/td]

[td]Tons: 15.01-30[/td]

[td]Tons: 50.01-100[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Super Heavy Ground vehicle[/td]

[td]Super Heavy Air vehicle[/td]

[td]Super Heavy Naval vehicle[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Max Parts: 300[/td]

[td]Max Parts: 250[/td]

[td]Max Parts: 400[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Tons: 50.01-100[/td]

[td]Tons: 30.01-60[/td]

[td]Tons: 100.01-150[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Edited by camulus777
Adding stuff

Sure if you want but it wont affect much starting off until i set up the rules for it. This is 0.0.1 alpha after all :). I will also have a place for scrimmages and for all space combat scrimmages i will refer to the Gentleman's Naval Battle Club because i don't want to detract from spartwo.

Edited by camulus777

One question: It says here we need a command centre in order to build anything, but it costs 500 kerbitz, and as a start-off, each player is only given 100.

Does this mean we get a command centre "for free" at the start of the game?

I think this needs a little clarification.

This wasn't closed because it was in the wrong forum, neither because of the war declaration. It was closed because it was roleplaying. The RP rule at the beginning was pretty ironic, as it sounded like "you must roleplay but don't roleplay while roleplaying".

Roleplaying isn't speaking in the third person, it's doing what you guys were doing. This kind of "playing pretends" where you control areas of Kerbin and wage war and make allies is precisely what we don't want on the forums and why we created this rule. No matter how hard we tried, it ended up out of control. It wasn't closed before tonight because we never took particular attention to it before tonight, we aren't omniscient.

If you want to do this kind of roleplaying, head to www.kerbalroleplay.com

Now since this game is done with, I see no reason to keep this thread up. Thread closed.

P.S. if you have questions about this, please contact one of our global moderators (blue names).