April 2013 Kraken Massacre

GamerMitch

A little search could have answered your question. :)

There was a server crash (or something) that lasted about 8 days, and all the forum content up to October 2012 was lost, including our accounts. I remember it, and it was... horrible.

People were recreating threads, scavenging for the old content, but we lost everything. Rep, blogs, threads, posts... Suddently, we were stuck in pre-0.17 stuff. D:

I remember the great April Kraken attack..

It was horrible. The forums were down. Suddenly, I had no stuff to do. I fell into boredom.

When it came back, even more horrors emerged. Several months of threads were no longer there, including my great-stickyed-newbie guide. And I lost about 1,000 post count.

This should be like stickyed for honor of our fallen users... and posts...

I remember, yeah I remember it well. It was a day like any other day or so it seemed. Most of us got up, looked out to the launch pad and to the sky. It was a good day to fly. So we decided to check the information forum one more time. Maybe a new booster or command module had come online overnight. Some new machine that would test our piloting skills and maybe, just maybe make us heroes or even legends.

That's when we discovered the horror. We got 504 errors, 403 errors, Main Bus undervolt, the platform dropped out, gimbal lock... We even got a 1201 Master Alarm. We hit crtl-F5 till our fingers bled. We tried SCE to aux time and time again. Nothing worked. Mission Control was silent. The forums were down and we were in the dark.

Days it lasted. We flew blind. Dug into back ups on our hard drives. Pulled up caches. Switched from High Gain to S-band. Trying to get some one word. Any word. Occasionally we'd hear a crackle over our headsets from MC, telling us to have hope. Not to give up. They would restore the information. They would not leave us in the cold, in the dark, chained to Kerbin-firma.

And they did. They pulled us all through. But we lost so much, so many in that day. But we are the Kerbal Space Program. We have rebuilt, are continuing to rebuild and we are all stronger for all the horror, even the ones who weren't there.

Yeah, I remember that day in April. Now suit up Rookie, we got missions to fly.

I remember, yeah I remember it well. It was a day like any other day or so it seemed. Most of us got up, looked out to the launch pad and to the sky. It was a good day to fly. So we decided to check the information forum one more time. Maybe a new booster or command module had come online overnight. Some new machine that would test our piloting skills and maybe, just maybe make us heroes or even legends.

That's when we discovered the horror. We got 504 errors, 403 errors, Main Bus undervolt, the platform dropped out, gimbal lock... We even got a 1201 Master Alarm. We hit crtl-F5 till our fingers bled. We tried SCE to aux time and time again. Nothing worked. Mission Control was silent. The forums were down and we were in the dark.

Days it lasted. We flew blind. Dug into back ups on our hard drives. Pulled up caches. Switched from High Gain to S-band. Trying to get some one word. Any word. Occasionally we'd hear a crackle over our headsets from MC, telling us to have hope. Not to give up. They would restore the information. They would not leave us in the cold, in the dark, chained to Kerbin-firma.

And they did. They pulled us all through. But we lost so much, so many in that day. But we are the Kerbal Space Program. We have rebuilt, are continuing to rebuild and we are all stronger for all the horror, even the ones who weren't there.

Yeah, I remember that day in April. Now suit up Rookie, we got missions to fly.

;.;

that was very beautiful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.