[0.23.5] StretchySRB: A StretchyTanks Continuation v9 Final Pre-PP edition 3/21/14

NathanKell

How do you make the tanks conical? R changes length, t is for texture and f for width right? There's nothing in the readme to explain how to do it.

It's a new tank in v7 that has a separately-scalable top and and bottom.

You probably already know this but if you copy the service module .cfg that you're using there and change the names slightly, I use the suffix long on the title and name, with the modifications below, you get modules the same width but at twice the height. Reducing part count and giving doors twice the height, if that's the sort of thing you're looking for?

This is hysterical because it's what I'd planned on doing this morning before my next rocket mission! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!

Better first remove Stretchy Tanks completely and install v7 again and see if that problem persists..

Yep that was it. Weird, thanks for the suggestion.

These conical tanks are cool...FACT. Great work Nathan.

This is hysterical because it's what I'd planned on doing this morning before my next rocket mission! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!

And for my next trick... :)

I found up to about 3 times the original length they look fine, much greater than that and they start to look a little warped and stuff. I also added another attachment node at the centre of them just for ease of fitting stuff if needed. These things are totally cool for putting KAS winches and stuff like that in there though.

This should always be the first thing to do before sorting out any incompatibilities and making the modder search for the cause of the problem. The good old "plug out and plug in " - method is often working :D

That is why I posted on here, see if anyone was experiencing problems. You reminded me of this though...

Would it be too hard to implement a grain configuration that decreases thrust as the SRB burns out? I'm building sounding rockets to test the heat shields of my sample return / impactor thing and the TWR at the later stages of the burn approach crazy values like 10+ which leads to g-force disintegration with DRE v4. This can be mitigated to a limited extent by increasing the burn time, but it would be nice to have a specific option for this. What do you think, Nathan?

Spooks: struds? Sorry, no idea what you mean by all that.

MAKC: Weird. I don't see anything bad in the log, on first glance. Any more info?

sorry i mean struts

if i use struts from main body to the boosters and i reload the struts wont work and i mast redo them

Spooks: struds? Sorry, no idea what you mean by all that.

MAKC: Weird. I don't see anything bad in the log, on first glance. Any more info?

Np now. I think a ProcFairing clipping into a parachute caused it. Rebuilding the rocket again solved it.

yes but does them being broken cause an 800 part saved assembly to only load 30 of the parts and the rest doesnt load?

you mean that not all parts are even loaded into the game in the first place? Had that problem too on .22 but in the end I found out it was a file in the ModularFuel folder which wasn't supposed to be there. Don't know why that messes up part loading though

you mean that not all parts are even loaded into the game in the first place? Had that problem too on .22 but in the end I found out it was a file in the ModularFuel folder which wasn't supposed to be there. Don't know why that messes up part loading though

no the parts seem to load fine on game start, but in the VAB when i load a saved ship, not all its parts are appearing, a few of them are floating in the air with everything else gone.

Broken. Tried it just now, all looks to work ok, but the fuel type defaults to Liquid/oxidizer once the ship is launched... also I thought jet engines could burn the fuel from these tanks, but my engine would not start. fuel deprived (although it was attached to a liquid fuel/oxidizer tank directly). This is only my first test on trying to make a working jet in .23.

Edit: A bit more testing. Liquid fuel/oxidizer tanks work fine. so mostly working.

Edited by Umbrae

So i guess it kinda works, but how do you use the srbs? and what are balloon tanks? aaaand you mention fairing textures, where would i get them? (lots and lots of questions :P )

Edited by Boamere