A new type of Passive multiplayer possible with .23 update??

Hello everyone. I just read the news on .23, and It got me thinking of another type of passive multiplayer.

With this, you go into the promptly named "Science Archives" And by using the power of Accordion tabs, or regular tabs, you can see each other's science history. That way you can see what kind of missions they have done in the past.

Also, More on a suggestion side for Squad, Would a preview of the vessel that completed the mission be possible in a 3d render window? It would be neat to have a Museum type ability to see what spaceships looked like though the progression stages on the past missions, instead of it just being a text log.

Thoughts?

Edited by Zaeo

It does sound like an achievements system though, complete with wall of achievers that is synchronized from a central source.

Actual multiplayer has been achieved as well through the use of the KMP plugin, I had a party on the mun with some of the moderators not long ago using it.

It would be interesting to see as a much-later feature, perhaps one added close to release or shortly after. Right now there are issues related to the overall gameplay that need to be addressed.

Here we go again...
Hey mods, can you close this one?

Also a reminder to people- please refrain from backseat moderation. Threads like this are checked regularly by the moderating team. Posts like those quoted do not contribute to the topic, and are completely unnecessary.

Edited by OdinYggd

If you read, It says Passive multiplayer, and listed as discussion, not suggestion. It was more of a suggestion for any modders to create another type of PASSIVE multiplayer mod. I'll admit, its probably in the incorrect section.

>.>

Little bit of reading goes a long way ^_^

And museums are sort of being added in .23 according to the post by Harveseter, It just sounds like its text based instead of a small 3d preview of the vessel that did the science with a description.

Again, Not a suggestion for Squad, A Discussion to determine the plausibility of a mod.

Edited by Zaeo

Does not initially seem to be "achievements" either, though in gaming that word means "card/labels/medals", I'd assume the OP only means as "records" of past missions. Seeing others mission stats/reports would be interesting. If you've ever seen Dwarf Fortress, this has a similar mode, and is not MP.

Does not initially seem to be "achievements" either, though in gaming that word means "card/labels/medals", I'd assume the OP only means as "records" of past missions. Seeing others mission stats/reports would be interesting. If you've ever seen Dwarf Fortress, this has a similar mode, and is not MP.

The Nice thing about it is that it could be integrated with Spaceport somehow, you could "subscribe" to other people and get their "mission feeds" that shares their science history so you can see what they are doing, and what kind of missions they do. I was talking more along the lines of a mod though.

So basically it's Sporepedia with spacecrafts...

Not quite, Its just the features they are adding in .23, but as a mod, It will pull from a server the info generated and then compiled into a list, Or if officially added, It is Per subscribe basis, you see the "science history" of another player. It would be cool to see what other people are doing by means of a "Live feed" of sorts. Not necessarily realtime, but something of an upload, download deal.

It doesn't sound like multiplayer or acheivements.

It sounds more like having a "voyeur mode". A place where you can upload your save game directory and have other people spy on it.

No save files, Just info streamed from them to a list, Say:

Player 1: Transmitted Close approach to Mun to Kerbin: Recieved 20 science

Player 2: (Player 1) Transmitted Close approach to Mun to Kerbin: Recieved 20 science

Edited by Zaeo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.