[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

This is not a problem, obviously, except for computing where the bloody thing should be. But since MOARdV wrote this particular module I'll leave the math to him. :)

My desk is so cluttered with notes (between this, work, and other things) that I'm going to start entering these on the issue tracker @ github. Otherwise, I'll misplace the note and forget to implement it. Yes, prograde *should* be simple to do. I'll see if I can get it added in sometime soon-ish.

There probably is if you show me your KSP_Data/output_log.txt when it is not deleted.

Okay. "pretty much broken" is not a description of symptoms. "everything else" is not a description of what you expect to see that you are not seeing.

--- Something loose in cockpit.

--- Something tightened in cockpit.

Jeez. Ask good questions and I shall answer every one. Ask bad questions and I'll practice sarcasm on you, I'm sorely tempted.

Hmmm... l was looking arround to find why the glass panels was not working with the Cupola pod... the cupola-patch.cfg file have an error on the first line... it is @PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[cupola]]{

but was supposed to be it is @PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[cupolaInternal]]{... made the change and it works now... :sticktongue:

where do I get the cameras? they aren't in with the download. :/

There is an "External Camera Part" included in the download that looks like a stretched linear RCS part under Utility (it unlocks under scienceTech if you are playing career). There is a nice external camera in ALCOR, and there is a patch in this package that adapts some / many of the Hullcam VDS cameras.

Can you add a variable for current vehicle description. I want to use it to view my action groups that I write down in my craft description. Also, I have been fiddling around with some feature and ended up putting the ladder hud over a camera view. It turned out great and it would be useful to have, as many cockpits have bad visibility. you should add it to the example MFD. I just added the following to the background handler.

cameraTransform = <cameraName>

Edited by ahd1601

Hmmm... l was looking arround to find why the glass panels was not working with the Cupola pod... the cupola-patch.cfg file have an error on the first line... it is @PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[cupola]]{

but was supposed to be it is @PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[cupolaInternal]]{... made the change and it works now... :sticktongue:

...Now that is a problem. I'll fix it in the download in a moment. :(

Can you add a variable for current vehicle description. I want to use it to view my action groups that I write down in my craft description.

Look up AGMEMO in the variable list.

Edited by Mihara

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, but every instance of AGSTATEX returns "AGSTATEX". For example:

{0} $&$ AGSTATE1

Results in

AGSTATE1

This applies for AGSTATE0 through AGSTATE9. Is this a feature that hasn't been released yet?

Thanks

Can you add a variable for current vehicle description. I want to use it to view my action groups that I write down in my craft description.

Current vehicle description could require a multi-line display, which we currently don't do unless it's implemented as a page handler.

Instead, add some lines to the bottom of your craft description like this:

AG1=SomeAction

You can then access those values with AGMEMO1, AGMEMO2, etc. Or, if you use the groups for toggles, you can do this:

AG2=Retract Solar Panels|Deploy Solar Panels

Adding the '|' will make AGMEMO2 (in this case) change what's returned depending on whether the AG is "on" or "off" (even if you use an action group as a one-shot event, it toggles between on and off each time). Likewise, you can access the state of an action group with AGSTATE0 - AGSTATE9 (although there was a bug with it that I fixed 10 minutes ago, so wait for Mihara to update the dev build, and I want to change it to return +1 / 0 instead of +1 / -1).

Also, I have been fiddling around with some feature and ended up putting the ladder hud over a camera view. It turned out great and it would be useful to have, as many cockpits have bad visibility. you should add it to the example MFD. I just added the following to the background handler.

cameraTransform = <cameraName>

That's why I added that feature when I was working on the HUD. The cockpit I used for development had a tiny porthole that did not look forward. :)

Edit: Okay, Mihara replied faster than I did.

Edited by MOARdV
Mihara already replied

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, but every instance of AGSTATEX returns "AGSTATEX". For example:

{0} $&$ AGSTATE1

Results in

AGSTATE1

This applies for AGSTATE0 through AGSTATE9. Is this a feature that hasn't been released yet?

Thanks

It's a bug. I fixed it just recently (like 15 minutes ago).

The release comes with a PDF which is a snapshot of the wiki at the moment of release. If something is detailed in the wiki but is not detailed in the PDF, it is only present in the development build, but not present in the public release. The development build is linked off the first page of the wiki and is very much unstable by nature, which is why as a matter of policy I don't link it in this thread.

I think I only added AGSTATE yesterday. :)

This addon adds pages to Hyomoto's Custom MFD as well as two cameras used by the mod. Version 0.1 adds the Ladder-style HUD under the flight tab. If a HUD camera as added to your craft, it will display the hud on top of the camera view.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Make sure you have PRM and Hyomoto's MFD installed. To use the HUD cam, make sure the camera you have placed has it's ID set to HUDCam1 and is level and upright. The HUD Cams look like the Aerocams from VDS Hullcams, so don't confuse them.

Get Hyomoto's Pack: HERE

Download ahd1601's Pack: HERE

Credit:

Mihara- Plugin

Hyomoto- MFD

sirkut- HUDCam model

Edited by ahd1601

The only reason it is a celestial body-only feature right now is that I had Protractor handy to provide a "ground truth" so I could be sure that I had the equations working correctly. I didn't want to add vessel intercepts without a way to confirm that it was right. If KE has the phase angle for vessels, I'll see if I can add it for vessels, as well, as soon as I can (hopefully in time for the next RPM release).

Woohoo! Thanks! I'm really looking forward to this.

I have a sugestion... is it possible to add on the target menu a Runway tab, where you can select between 4 targets, KSC 09, KSC 27, Island 09, Island 27... and then, when you approach the selected runway, the navball/apfd show some ILS indicators? and using that arrows change the approach angle?

I have a sugestion... is it possible to add on the target menu a Runway tab, where you can select between 4 targets, KSC 09, KSC 27, Island 09, Island 27... and then, when you approach the selected runway, the navball/apfd show some ILS indicators? and using that arrows change the approach angle?

There is no way to target a spot on the ground at all without MechJeb -- stock code simply doesn't know what a spot on the ground is when it comes to targets. Making the plugin use MechJeb's targetable class would make it unusable without MechJeb. While the code that teaches it can be pulled from MechJeb, it would in turn make the plugin unusable with MechJeb.

There's no easy solution here, so no.

There is no way to target a spot on the ground at all without MechJeb -- stock code simply doesn't know what a spot on the ground is when it comes to targets. Making the plugin use MechJeb's targetable class would make it unusable without MechJeb. While the code that teaches it can be pulled from MechJeb, it would in turn make the plugin unusable with MechJeb.

There's no easy solution here, so no.

for ILS to works I think the plugin only needs to know the runway coordinates, altitude and hdg... and the ship coordinates, altitude, hdg... it's not actually a real target...

you can set some constants for the runways positions...

for ILS to works I think the plugin only needs to know the runway coordinates, altitude and hdg... and the ship coordinates, altitude, hdg... it's not actually a real target...

you can set some constants for the runways positions...

...which will immediately get broken by plugins like RSS and KerbTown and I will get blamed for it. :)

...which will immediately get broken by plugins like RSS and KerbTown and I will get blamed for it. :)

I really want an ILS system for KSP... :(

one more thing...

I'v found a small error with Hyomoto RPM add-on... once you load KSP for the first time, RPM works without problems. But if you go to the Debug menu and reload the database, RPM stops working. looking to the logs I'v found this message right after the game loads Hyomoto's MFD40x20.cfg: [error] Invalid boolean value.

looking to it I'v found at line 19 the problem... it tries to set needsElectricCharge to '1', changing it to 'true' instead resolve the problem...

also that small ahd1601 add-on have this same issue... :wink:

Edited by luizopiloto

... You want the ladder to do what?!

:D Well, I mean rather than just floating on the screen, somehow add it to the front window of cockpits as a prop? I know someone posted about adding it to an MFD mode, but wasn't sure if anyone made it so it functioned somewhat like an actual HUD.

:D Well, I mean rather than just floating on the screen, somehow add it to the front window of cockpits as a prop? I know someone posted about adding it to an MFD mode, but wasn't sure if anyone made it so it functioned somewhat like an actual HUD.

I can't do that to the stock cockpits without introducing new props. It's perfectly possible to make a transparent screen, though.

Someone could make a separate ILS thing and integrate it into RPM. All you need for [a rudimentary approximation of] ILS are 2 beacons, one at the beginning and one at the end of the runway. If they are lined up you are moving towards the runway (providing the two beacons are centered correctly)

Someone could make a separate ILS thing and integrate it into RPM. All you need for [a rudimentary approximation of] ILS are 2 beacons, one at the beginning and one at the end of the runway. If they are lined up you are moving towards the runway (providing the two beacons are centered correctly)

I do wonder why nobody wants to do funnels instead. :)

Funnels were a feature requested by Nothke quite a few pages ago, to mark aircraft approach on the map. The feature has existed for three versions or so, but nobody stepped up to provide me with data for them bloody funnels, not even Nothke himself.

You see why I hesitate to spend time on ILS now? :)