[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

i'm not seeing any change in my IVAs... everything is installed correctly....

If everything's installed correctly, you would see a change in IVAs. Or you have another mod interfering with RPM. It'd be helpful to have a little more information to help you out. Official RPM build? Dev build? Multiple copies of MM DLL floating around? Which IVAs?

If everything's installed correctly, you would see a change in IVAs. Or you have another mod interfering with RPM. It'd be helpful to have a little more information to help you out. Official RPM build? Dev build? Multiple copies of MM DLL floating around? Which IVAs?

official, and the b9 and stock ivas. i don't ahve any other IVA mods installed, just b9, TV arerospace, KW, av lights, mechjeb, KER, kethane, EL. using the latest MM too. also blitzy's. the cameras show up, but no IVA change

Edited by Commissar

Are there any plans to include AIES aerospace IVA's in the future?

Last time I checked, AIES uses stock IVA, which means that the patches in RPM should already cover them (for instance, the AIES C1 'Orbiter' uses mk1PodCockpit, which means mk1-patch.cfg in the RPM install should automatically update it).

official, and the b9 and stock ivas. i don't ahve any other IVA mods installed, just b9, TV arerospace, KW, av lights, mechjeb, KER, kethane, EL. using the latest MM too. also blitzy's. the cameras show up, but no IVA change

Does ksp.log show that MM is applying patches? There should be lines that look like

[LOG 14:59:09.279] [ModuleManager] Applying node JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/mk1cockpit-patch/@PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[mk1CockpitInternal]] to Squad/Parts/Command/Mark1Cockpit/part/Mark1Cockpit

Does ksp.log show that MM is applying patches? There should be lines that look like

[LOG 14:59:09.279] [ModuleManager] Applying node JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/mk1cockpit-patch/@PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[mk1CockpitInternal]] to Squad/Parts/Command/Mark1Cockpit/part/Mark1Cockpit

like this?

[LOG 13:04:20.182] Config(INTERNAL) JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal/SH_mk2CockpitInternalRPM
[LOG 13:04:20.184] Config(INTERNAL) JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal/mk2CockpitInternal
[LOG 13:04:20.185] Config(@PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[GenericSpace1]]:Final) JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/mk2-stock-cockpit-patch/@PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[GenericSpace1]]:Final
[LOG 13:04:20.187] Config(@PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[SH_mk2CockpitInternal]]:Final) JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/mk2-stock-cockpit-patch/@PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[SH_mk2CockpitInternal]]:Final

I don't see anything that says "applying node"

like this?

Yeah, like that. The "Applying Node" stuff shows up earlier in the log on my system, but this should be where the interiors are configured.

In JSI/RasterPropMonitor/example, there should be MM config files that update each of the IVAs, along with config files for some of the interiors. Do you have all 26 .cfg files in that location?

I began to use this thanks to the KSO Shuttle, and I'm afraid I'm now addicted to it ^^ . I never played IVA so much!

A question tho: the blue FOV on docking ports and cameras can be very useful, but rather tedious when planning big stations. And it makes my game lag when moving parts whith those on. So how can I remove it? I couldn't find the cfg or the specific line...

Yeah, like that. The "Applying Node" stuff shows up earlier in the log on my system, but this should be where the interiors are configured.

In JSI/RasterPropMonitor/example, there should be MM config files that update each of the IVAs, along with config files for some of the interiors. Do you have all 26 .cfg files in that location?

yep. sure as hell do

Mihara, awesome mod as always!

Do you know if your latest version clears up this issue on iMacs?

F6pCAED.png

http://i.imgur.com/dzPmEJB.png

Bugs fixed

•JSIHeadsUpDisplay computed pitch upside down.

•Shader in JSIHeadsUpDisplay changed so the ladder will now render correctly on transparent screens.

Thank you so much for your help and support!

PS: Is it possible to turn off the blue arc on parts containing cameras? I know Nazari turned it off on our parts (the LRB and the KSO Cockpit has cameras but I specifically told him to remove the blue arc effect).

Edited by helldiver

yep. sure as hell do

Well, crud. I am not sure what is going on. I am currently travelling, so I don't have access to my desktop machine to see what else to suggest. Hopefully Mihara will drop by soon with a suggestion.

PS: Is it possible to turn off the blue arc on parts containing cameras? I know Nazari turned it off on our parts (the LRB and the KSO Cockpit has cameras but I specifically told him to remove the blue arc effect).

WRT the shader fix - I don't see anything specific about that post-0.15, although I didn't read through every change Mihara made, and it's not something I looked at.

The blue arc can be turned off by right-clicking the part (at least, on the parts I've used). I thought they were off by default now days.

How would I disable the screenshots for individual screens. It annoys me when I take 1 screenshot and have about 10.

I don't think there is a switch to disable it. I can add in an option to disable it once I get back home later this week (if I don't forget, or if Mihara doesn't already have an option).

HELP! RPM only loads on the KSO shuttle cockpit but in stock cockpits it says "RasterPropMonitor: INITALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION."

That means something is not installed correctly. Does the ksp.log have any other info?