[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Ok so I get RasterPropMonitor: Initialization error. Check Configuration. I figured out that it only happens to my SpacePlane+ parts. Can anyone please inform me on how to get it to work please?

Edit:

Figured it out. Looked a few pages back and found the fix.

Edited by uncle natzer

How i can have rasterpropmonitor configured so my IVA buttons have A,B,C... letters?

Which particular buttons do you mean? The ones on the new model? You can't, you would need a different model, sorry.

...Ok, gentlemen and ladies, I've made the requisite changes to readjust RPM to match the new full release of MechJeb, and even added a couple new variables, but I can't fully test it immediately, since I have work tomorrow.

I also can't release it for a few more reasons:

1. ModuleManager is required, and I'm not entirely certain it works correctly in the current build yet. Well, it seems to work, seems is not enough.
  2. SCANsat is scheduled to come out with a build that embeds SCANsatRPM into it, which means that I could finally get rid of it, which would be awfully nice, and I'd rather have this settled before pushing out 0.18.
  3. There's probably something broken deep inside.

Any brave souls can download the dev build from the usual location, exhaustively testing it and telling me what's broken (I suspect per-stage showing of resources might be) and I'll fix it when I'm back. :)

...Ok, gentlemen and ladies, I've made the requisite changes to readjust RPM to match the new full release of MechJeb, and even added a couple new variables, but I can't fully test it immediately, since I have work tomorrow.

I also can't release it for a few more reasons:

1. ModuleManager is required, and I'm not entirely certain it works correctly in the current build yet. Well, it seems to work, seems is not enough.
  2. SCANsat is scheduled to come out with a build that embeds SCANsatRPM into it, which means that I could finally get rid of it, which would be awfully nice, and I'd rather have this settled before pushing out 0.18.
  3. There's probably something broken deep inside.

Any brave souls can download the dev build from the usual location, exhaustively testing it and telling me what's broken (I suspect per-stage showing of resources might be) and I'll fix it when I'm back. :)

Sarbian posted MM 2.2.0 for 0.24.

New versions of SCANsat with the internalized SCANsatRPM should come out tomorrow. I just asked Ramon directly about using the Mechjeb code, so I don't think there's anything else that really needs to be taken care of right away before releasing it.

Ok, I'm back and looks like I can't find any fault with 0.18. Looks like nobody was brave enough to download the dev build and test it, though. :)

I'm still waiting on a few things before release:

1. I would like to know if I should remove B9 patches from the distribution or not, i.e. whether the B9 rerelease is upcoming any time soon.
  2. Alexustas to fix the model for the flag plate so that it correctly works with transparent flags.
  3. Well, the aforementioned SCANsat release, but I guess I don't need to worry about that.

Ok, bump for release.

RasterPropMonitor v0.18

This is (mostly) a maintenance release corresponding with the release of KSP 0.24 and includes certain minor renovations.

• A minor change in version numbering policy -- version numbers now change after a release, not before. This should not affect anyone.
  • MechJeb version 2.3 is now required if you want interfacing with MechJeb. (That's the earliest version that runs with 0.24 anyway, I believe.)
  • KSP-AVC version-file format is now supported for stating the version of RPM.
  • SCANsat will support RPM directly in the release that should be uploaded very soon. As such, SCANsatRPM.dll is no longer supplied -- if you have the appropriate version of SCANsat installed, it will Just Work. If you still somehow have any copies of SCANsatRPM.dll in your game, get rid of them.
  • Bundled version of ModuleManager updated to current.

Bugs fixed:

• The lost texture on the primitive camera model has been returned.
  • The model for the internal flag plate prop has been updated with a new one that correctly handles transparent flag textures, but is otherwise identical.

New features:

• FUNDS, REPUTATION variables show what you would expect.

Looks like nobody was brave enough to download the dev build and test it, though. :)

Actually I looked for a link to this but the latest thing I found was a release version on github, so I assumed the dev version was a closed release.

Actually I looked for a link to this but the latest thing I found was a release version on github, so I assumed the dev version was a closed release.

It isn't closed, but it's intentionally obscure, check the front page of the GitHub wiki. The link from there goes to a build-in-progress in my dropbox that literally gets updated every time I push the 'build' button, which is why I avoid publicizing the link too far -- there's no guarantee whatsoever that it works, and I get enough support requests from people who struggle with the releases.

Mihara, I'm noticing an odd bug on my end... After installing the new build of RPM, I'm unable select vessels in the Tracking Station.

Upon clicking a object, my debug menu is flooded with:

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Edit:

I wonder if the issue is Module Manager? I removed it and vessels are clickable again. I had another issue with it earlier today with the RealChute mod where it was causing KSP to freeze at the loading screen. Hrm.

Edit #2:

Confirmed. The issue is Module Manager. I removed RPM and installed only Module Manager and I'm seeing the exact same issue. So please ignore this post.

Edited by Jason Cox

I wonder if the issue is Module Manager? I removed it and vessels are clickable again. I had another issue with it earlier today with the RealChute mod where it was causing KSP to freeze at the loading screen. Hrm.

Possibly. More likely, a specific patch made it go crazy...

Try this: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacPartCfgLogger (check the releases tab)

If it works under 0.24 (there's no reason it shouldn't, but I didn't try it yet) it will dump all the configs as they are after ModuleManager is finished processing them. Looking through them might provide clues.

Thanks for the link! :)

It looks like the actual culprit was Universal Storage; seems there was an error in one of it's configs and it was causing issues with Module Manager. It just didn't manifest on my end until after I tried to install RPM.

SCANsat has been updated with RPM support incorporated into the main file. Everything seems to be OK to me, but post in the SCANsat threads if any specific issues come up.

Make sure to delete any old copies of SCANsatRPM.

Also note that the Module Manager config included with SCANsat in the folder: 'GameData/SCANsat/MM configs/' is required for RPM and adds a MapTraq module to all parts with an IVA.

I'm not entirely sure whats happening, but nothing related to RasterPropMonitor seems to have installed. Its in the GameData folder, but I cannot see the alternative cockpits, cabins, or the external camera part that is included. The whole JSI folder goes into the GameData folder, right? I'm not doing something stupid I hope. ;.;Logfile is here.

I don't see ModuleManager anywhere, did you make sure to install it as well? Because without it, only capsules that natively include RPM props will have them. Version 2.2.0 of ModuleManager is bundled with release 0.18.

I must also say it's the wrong log file. You want output_log.txt when debugging problems, it's in KSP_Data for the 32 bit version and in KSP_x64_Data for the 64-bit version.

I'm getting a "check your configuration" error when trying to use rasterpropmonitor with Spaceplaneplus cockpits. I know SPP hasn't updated to .24 yet, but does anyone know which config file needs tweaking (and what tweak) for it to work?

I don't see ModuleManager anywhere, did you make sure to install it as well? Because without it, only capsules that natively include RPM props will have them. Version 2.2.0 of ModuleManager is bundled with release 0.18.

MM would be needed for TweakableEverything, SpaceplanePlus, DRE, NEAR, TweakScale and a lot of other ones mentioned in that file. I'd be very surprised if he didn't have it installed (unless it was accidentally deleted).

Though yeah, the other log would be more helpful.

MM would be needed for TweakableEverything, SpaceplanePlus, DRE, NEAR, TweakScale and a lot of other ones mentioned in that file. I'd be very surprised if he didn't have it installed (unless it was accidentally deleted).

Ah, wait, what? How did that get uninstalled. I must have uninstalled it when I tried to install RasterProp. Works wonderfully, thanks again for a great mod Mihara.

I'm using RPM on KSP_64bit and the props and everything are loading in but the screen texture is white/grey and none of the animations are working.

Check your installation for the usual suspects like misplaced and broken files. I have not even tested 0.18 with 32 bit, I'm runing 64 bit only right now, and it's working fine.

Check your installation for the usual suspects like misplaced and broken files. I have not even tested 0.18 with 32 bit, I'm runing 64 bit only right now, and it's working fine.

Will do, I'm also running 64 bit and that is where I'm getting the issue. I have re-installed and cleared a few times but I will try again and reply back.

*EDIT*

I have found the issue and removed it. It was KSP Interstellar(TreeLoader,WarpPlugin), believe it or not this was preventing even the stock prop animations and various other things. Removing this returned everything to normal. Also again I'm running all my mods on KSP 64bit 0.24.

Edited by JeffersonFlight