[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

CJaFISj.png

People familiar with MechJeb's docking autopilot will notice what's special about this screenshot immediately. I honestly didn't expect it to work the first time, but it does. Muahahahahaha. :)

Targeting menu in 0.11 will permit you to select the reference part of your vessel as if you clicked "Control from here" on it from outside -- without actually going outside. (Which would be pointless anyway, as when you go into IVA, your reference part is reset to that IVA's pod) That's the last missing piece for docking without ever poking your nose out of the ship.

You always pulling such nice surprise out of your sleeves :D

Targeting menu in 0.11 will permit you to select the reference part of your vessel as if you clicked "Control from here" on it from outside -- without actually going outside. (Which would be pointless anyway, as when you go into IVA, your reference part is reset to that IVA's pod) That's the last missing piece for docking without ever poking your nose out of the ship.

I love this! Excellent addition to an already stellar mod!

Thats really nice. I was going to ask if that was possible to have, but no need you already did it.

CJaFISj.png

People familiar with MechJeb's docking autopilot will notice what's special about this screenshot immediately. I honestly didn't expect it to work the first time, but it does. Muahahahahaha. :)

Oh, I wanted to post this for everyone here. It shows off the latest features of this mod v0.10.

It's Bobcat showing off the new MFD display. His version varies from stock, he changed it for his mods.

My god. Is this just demo video, or i can download this vehicle somewhere?

By the way. If i had to name one modder that shoudl get hired bys quad it woudl be you mihara. Your wourk simply surpass their designs of capsules, ivas, interiors.

My god. Is this just demo video, or i can download this vehicle somewhere?

Check BobCat's thread. I'm not sure this particular iteration of the LER is out yet, though, but whenever a new one is, that's where it will be announced.

By the way. If i had to name one modder that shoudl get hired bys quad it woudl be you mihara. Your wourk simply surpass their designs of capsules, ivas, interiors.

Considering that I didn't exactly design anything here, not even the monitor prop itself, that compliment might be misdirected. While I could make models in theory, it's one of those things I don't really have the aptitude for, so it would take me too long to produce anything worthwhile. I did write ~80% of the code that went into it though, if we take out the bits that originate in MechJeb, Enhanced Navball and other sources, as well as those contributed by MOARdV. But I will maintain that I'm not a programmer, I'm a sociologist. It's been less than two months since I first saw C#/Unity, anyway. :)

I can't manage to get the cameras to work on the MFDs. Am I missing something?

A description of what exactly are you doing and what exactly do you expect to happen is missing, yes. Not enough information to help you so far.

A description of what exactly are you doing and what exactly do you expect to happen is missing, yes. Not enough information to help you so far.

I'm using a MK1 pod (I've tried some other ones too) with the basic MFD in it. I've stuck a few cameras around the rocket, and I click the camera button, it displays "camera 8" and nothing happens. Also the log button seems to freeze everything.

I'm using a MK1 pod (I've tried some other ones too) with the basic MFD in it. I've stuck a few cameras around the rocket, and I click the camera button, it displays "camera 8" and nothing happens. Also the log button seems to freeze everything.

1. "cameras" as in? The MFD in this package is configured to only show cameras that the package builds into docking ports. If you use ALCOR cameras, you need to edit the config, see comments inside.
  2. "freeze everything" is not very descriptive. What exactly happens? If it only shows a page title and nothing else, well, maybe your flight log doesn't actually contain anything -- up until liftoff it definitely never does, and sometimes it behaves erratically, for which you have to blame Squad, I'm only reading it. Check the F3 button.

1. "cameras" as in? The MFD in this package is configured to only show cameras that the package builds into docking ports. If you use ALCOR cameras, you need to edit the config, see comments inside.
  2. "freeze everything" is not very descriptive. What exactly happens? If it only shows a page title and nothing else, well, maybe your flight log doesn't actually contain anything -- up until liftoff it definitely never does, and sometimes it behaves erratically, for which you have to blame Squad, I'm only reading it. Check the F3 button.

Yeah I was using the ALCOR cameras, so I'll look into that. And I've only really tried the log button on the launch pad, so I'll just assume that's the problem. Thanks!

also Mihara is it possible to use a curved screen so it would look like a CRT monitor, or does it have to be flat?

Definitely possible. The plugin just replaces one texture in a material on a GameObject you name. It does not at all care how this texture is mapped or shifted, that's entirely up to you. You can even animate everything and have a screen that bulges out as acceleration increases, it should still work.

Definitely possible. The plugin just replaces one texture in a material on a GameObject you name. It does not at all care how this texture is mapped or shifted, that's entirely up to you. You can even animate everything and have a screen that bulges out as acceleration increases, it should still work.

Lovely. Who does your modeling i have a request.

With the FASA mod, I didn't really want to try to add MFD to IVA's. I wanted to preserve the historical look of the Gemini and mercury capsules. That part pack has been around since early days of KSP and it's one I enjoy as is.

There is a part out there now that is stock-a-like 2 crew Gemini looking that already has a patch for MFD's.

While MOARdV is working on MechJeb integration, I wanted to show off what else I've done today:

hOULzcn.png

Meet nudge tags which lets you position symbols by pixel offset, which is going to considerably improve the look of everything that mixes graphical and textual information, and subscript/superscript. :)

I've tried to get the external cameras working, but I have no idea what I'm doing. There's this blob of code that deals with it but I'm not quite sure what to change. What do I do?

PAGE
{
button = buttonR7
text = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/p7_camera2.txt
// If you wish to use ALCOR external cameras, uncomment this line
// and comment the next one:
// cameraTransform = ExtCam1
cameraTransform = DockingPortCam2
fov = 20
}