[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

I feel like I'm getting greedy with the feature requests, but three extremely useful variables for traditional rockets would be time to next sphere of influence change, the celestial body orbited after the next sphere of influence change, and a boolean whether or not there is a sphere of influence change in your orbit.

It would let people flying IVA know if they were going to successfully get to the moon, for example. Alternatively, if there already is a way of determining this information with available variables, could someone point me in that direction?

I feel like I'm getting greedy with the feature requests, but three extremely useful variables for traditional rockets would be time to next sphere of influence change, the celestial body orbited after the next sphere of influence change, and a boolean whether or not there is a sphere of influence change in your orbit.

I'll see what I can do, probably not today though. :)

EDIT: Well, that was easy enough. ENCOUNTEREXISTS, ENCOUNTERTIME, ENCOUNTERBODY -- please test.

Edited by Mihara

Forgive me for not reading most of this thread and thus probably posting information that the rest of you guys already know, but I just noticed, during a mission to dock with a docking target (full mission here), that the RPM navball has a docking alignment indicator! That was quite a relief.

fGV19vc.png

^The red marker next to the TGT+ marker

Of course, I could be entirely incorrect and that indicator could mean something entirely different. :P

Of course, I could be entirely incorrect and that indicator could mean something entirely different. :P

No, you're completely correct. :) This was written a few versions ago and buried deep in the documentation.

Is there a way to see closest approach/time to closest approach in RPM?

...Correction. I've already added it to 0.13 and forgot -- that version will have something like 20 or 30 new variables. :)

TARGETCLOSESTAPPROACHTIME and TARGETCLOSESTAPPROACHDISTANCE.

I found I was missing a light indicator for "Brakes" when i put a pod on a rover.

I didn't think a clickable "brakes" button was a priority precisely because I didn't expect anyone would want to press it with their mouse, but oh well. :)

Also is it possible to switch the navball to rover mode ?

Not directly. I am not sure if it's actually possible for a pod to have two reference transforms and still work. But you can put a probe core or a docking port in the orientation you like and then switch the reference transform from the inside with the targeting menu, it will work just fine.

I was running up against a few problems doing all-IVA transfers, but no more! Besides some minor tweaks or mistakes I may have made, I put the finishing touches on a fully-featured twenty-four page multi-function display last night. You've freaking nailed it with this thing, and I'm going to make sure everyone knows it!

2014-01-06_00005_zps8bc1eb25.jpg~original

I was running up against a few problems doing all-IVA transfers, but no more! Besides some minor tweaks or mistakes I may have made, I put the finishing touches on a fully-featured twenty-four page multi-function display last night. You've freaking nailed it with this thing, and I'm going to make sure everyone knows it!

<snip>

I noticed your using a different set of pages. Could you provide them for us please?

I will most certainly do that, but the plan is to release them along with an IVA mission to show off what this mod is capable of both from the technical standpoint and user customization. :cool:

Depending on free time (adjusted for mishaps) I should have it available very soon, and I hope it will be worth the wait!

Had a quick search but didn't see anything. Just installed RPM and tried to do an IVA mission, but when I switch to map view and back it locks out all the controls. Got plenty of electrical power and i can still throttle up by moving the lever in the cockpit via mouse, but I've got zero directional control. Going to space centre and back fixes it but only until I use the map again. Only other mod I have installed is kerbal engineer. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? Cheers.

Well, as a avid user I can say I haven't come across your particular issue. It could be a problem with the RPM you installed, they are meant to go with other mods and if either side isn't working correctly, that could be your issue. You say the only other mod you are using is engineer (one I also use), but what RPM mod did you install? MechJeb or ScanSAT?

Had a quick search but didn't see anything. Just installed RPM and tried to do an IVA mission, but when I switch to map view and back it locks out all the controls. Got plenty of electrical power and i can still throttle up by moving the lever in the cockpit via mouse, but I've got zero directional control. Going to space centre and back fixes it but only until I use the map again. Only other mod I have installed is kerbal engineer. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? Cheers.

Are you using boulder Co visual Enhancement and active memory reduction by any chance? They do not work together and cause that problem. I havnt filed a big report yet, feel free to do so yourself, but that is where the problem was for me.

That's certainly the first I heard about it (or I'd immediately run off to fix it). I'm afraid I can't replicate it at all -- M switches me to the map view, pressing M again switches me back, no issues whatsoever. A few questions:

1. Are you absolutely sure that the only other mod you have is Kerbal Engineer?
  2. Windows, Mac or Linux?
  3. Any special keyboards, keyboard translation programs, programs which mess with input language? (like, say, Punto Switcher)

0mBgsIS.png

Meanwhile, MOARdV has finished the much-requested orbital display to the point where it's fit for kerbal consumption, which means that the last major thing I wanted to include in 0.13 release is ready. This is your last call for variables for the next week or two -- if you ask for a variable today, and it can be coded in under paragraph, it might still make it into 0.13 release, otherwise it'll have to wait a couple of weeks before appearing in a full release. :)

My jaw dropped so hard it must have caused a major earthquake :D this looks so awesome. Can't wait for 0.13 release.

Will we be able to change focus on the orbital map display to show for example the encounter trajectory on another planet while doing interplanetary transfer? Or does it only show the planet, the controlled vessel is currently orbiting?

Edited by DasBananenbrot

Will we be able to change focus on the orbital map display to show for example the encounter trajectory on another planet while doing interplanetary transfer? Or does it only show the planet, the controlled vessel is currently orbiting?

At the moment, only the planet the controlled vessel is currently orbiting, the vessel's orbit, and the target vessel's orbit. It'll get more features over time, obviously.

Yeah I figured you won't be able to implement all features at once but that is no problem just wanted to know how much you can currently do with the map. But still that you made this map at all is so awesome I can't find words for it. This definitely a great new addition.

Now you can make orbital tasks fully in IVA and the day we can also transfer to another planet completely in IVA will be a great day :D

Yeah I figured you won't be able to implement all features at once but that is no problem just wanted to know how much you can currently do with the map. But still that you made this map at all is so awesome I can't find words for it. This definitely a great new addition.

Thank MOARdV for this one, without him it would be at least one more month before I'd be up to it. :)