an idea for gravity simulation in space! WARNING: keep sharp objects away

For the inflatable station module

title: ISC-600 "Inflato" Storage Container

description: We needed a bigger Hitchhiker module and there was an old bounce

house in the trash, so we improvised. WARNING: playing darts is not

recommended!

Note I changed the centrifuge crew capacity to 8

+1 to this!

Looks nice. Fits in well with stock parts in style.

Centrifuge part looks way too small to accommodate Kerbals though.

On the subject of the bigelow type, would you consider doing a larger version? The center section should be the size it is now with the inflatable portion expanding to something like 50%-100% larger than it is now. With an increase in length to keep the same dimensions it has now.

In fact ideally the hub (docking port?) and inflatable could be separate models so you could have different sized habs by combining the same two parts in different scales.

So, been playing with these all weekend. As for feedback, i love the rotating section. I rotates a little fast and could use a bit more detail to finish it up but i love it. really compliments my Interstellar mod. The inflatable hab however may have some issues. I was trying to send one to Duna. I was having problems with the game freezing and or just CTD. I thought it may have been mechjeb again but when i stopped using the ships with the habs it stopped CTD and freezing. Also when you load a ship with the Hab, it makes the inflation sound.

It would be cool if you had a Hab that you could easily setup for bases on Duna, but i find this one a bit hard to make anything for.

Cant wait to check out the progress of this one man, keep up the good work.

That is a nice accident TheSuperintendnt. Inflatable rover wheels......that has potential.

I think I have my next base "if" I can get the new "improved" landing gear to behave.

The only time it wiggled was when all four HABs touched the ground together.

Then it ripped itself apart violently, but it's a KSP core issue I think and not the mod as I have seen this many times before with other parts.

n2bOsWG.png

Edited by Tommygun

I like that Tommy, But its a lot of hab to get to Duna in one go. I want to be able to drop one at a time, on target, and with legs that don't require huge extra structures like that. We need a place on these habs to put landing legs.

the inflatable wheel idea is golden.

FlyingJackal, you can add 1.25 meter batteries to each end of the HAB and then attach landing legs to them like this.

Although the current updated landing legs can't support much weight and this is still touching the ground.

I'm worried that multiple HABs touching the ground will cause collision mesh issues and wobbling.

I may try resizing a few non-stock landing legs next to work with this mod.

GIKIA1y.png

Edit: Escepadie Suspension Leg mod will work if rescaled (rescaleFactor = 0.6 )

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/escepadie-systems/

8xFgMkM.png

xMOs3jL.png

Edited by Tommygun

hi! great job! thanks for your work. Can you make a centrifugal node (2.5m diameter) with configurable speed? We can attach any parts for making a huge centrifugal wheel (i dream of it by night)

I found that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautilus-X

Like your inflatable centrifugal wheel, you must have 12m of diameter to result 0.69g.

AFAIK, you can't surface attach things to animated parts like the centrifuge (or you can but they won't move); however, it is possible with robotics parts.

Here's what myself and Sirkut are currently working on for Infernal Robotics (because we too have that dream :P)

rowra5yar8a4ztufg.jpg?size_id=5

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

That is awesome!!! It even creates a counterforce to the center part. I used to make centrifuges with two IR rotatrons, but it allways was a bit wobbly. Really cool that you're making a dedicated part for that.

Totally off topic but are you the same Porkjet who posted a picture of the recruit Kerbin Kerman, which was featured on the official Kerbal Space Program site on Facebook :D

It was featured on their FB??? An overwhelming feedback for such a dumb, effortless action.:D

I have some suggestions for descriptions and a naming convention:

For the centrifuge

title: SSC-8000 "Spinno" Storage Container

description: After riding the Himalaya at the fair, one of the engineers got

an idea for gravity simulation in space! WARNING: keep sharp objects away

For the inflatable station module

title: ISC-600 "Inflato" Storage Container

description: We needed a bigger Hitchhiker module and there was an old bounce

house in the trash, so we improvised. WARNING: playing darts is not

recommended!

Note I changed the centrifuge crew capacity to 8

I'll see into it. I've focused on all the other problems for now.

... 8 Kerbals, you sure?

Some how I don't think you had this in mind when you created the centrifuge....but after a test rocket fell over I had an idea.

qguBzIh.gif

Ahaha this is great. I'm surprised it does this for you. it didnt really work when i tried.

hi! great job! thanks for your work. Can you make a centrifugal node (2.5m diameter) with configurable speed? We can attach any parts for making a huge centrifugal wheel (i dream of it by night)

I found that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautilus-X

Like your inflatable centrifugal wheel, you must have 12m of diameter to result 0.69g.

That's only possible with MagicSmoke technology I guess.

As for the diameter, Mine is 7.5m and supposed to get about 0.5g. The other diameter Nasa proposed is 9.1m resulting in 0.5g. Since everythings a bit smaller in KSP, I think I'm roughly within optimal scale for that part. Also since some guys said the tube is too small to fit Kerbals in: It's exactly 1.25m in diameter, and we know from other parts that Kerbals can fit into that diameter. Of course, it's rather tight in there, but remember, this is the SMALL centrifuge in the pack, I plan to add at least one really really big one in the future.

I guess you got enough to do with finishing the centrifuge but how is the status on the Orb IVA ? :D

Havn't got around to that, but I'll slap something together soonish.

It was featured on their FB??? An overwhelming feedback for such a dumb, effortless action.:D

yes it was :Dhttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=697722650246962&set=pb.240760572609841.-2207520000.1386089523.&type=3&theater

Havn't got around to that, but I'll slap something together soonish.

I hope for it as christmas present :D

Edited by DasBananenbrot